Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 10-27-2017, 05:02 PM   #1021
FROBAY
Phoenix

I think people would have paid close to 1200.00 for this piece had been polystone.
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 05:05 PM   #1022
BurningRage
Inhumans

Swamp Thing is a really niche character to the average collector. Now if he was a Batman villain people have no problem dropping $1200.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 05:21 PM   #1023
kingdavidf
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I would have paid 1000 for this if it was polystone, hell that's the price I was expecting anyways so I was prepared
kingdavidf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 05:26 PM   #1024
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSAlex View Post
The materials being used for Swamp Thing will have the exact same longevity as Polystone. Of course leaving it in direct sunlight (or a fish tank, or outside...yes, people have done this) or extreme weather conditions is highly discouraged (but we also discourage that with any collectible no matter the material it is made from).

PVC and Vinyl are of the same family but have some differences. We put up an article recently in which we detail what each material is and just some of their uses here: Materials

Swamp Thing is being produced at a Japanese factory that we are confident will give collector's an amazing piece to have in hand for their collection. That said,s as I have told others in the past with past products, if they (you) have any hesitation on hitting that Pre-Order button now then don't. I certainly don't want you or anyone else worried for many months. I'd suggest to anyone that's hesitant and worried to wait. Wait for final production photos, wait for any updates we'll have during the making of this product, wait to see it at a local comic book shop, etc and if you like what you see and want to add it to your collection then place that order then.
makes me feel better but im still going to wait this one out
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 05:31 PM   #1025
Saturday_Knight_Surfer
U talkin' to me?

I really wanted it badly, but I'll wait for in hand pics. I hope the exclusive will still be available.
Saturday_Knight_Surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 05:37 PM   #1026
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
The important part of the quote for me is that Acro has produced his work before and he's been happy with the results.
true, im feeling better and better about this but im going to wait it out. what are your thoughts, were / are you going to order?
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 05:39 PM   #1027
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by FROBAY View Post
I think people would have paid close to 1200.00 for this piece had been polystone.
...they can also pay $1600 for the Prime 1.

Sideshow has established their pricepoint, tolerance for QC issues and this is it.
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 05:44 PM   #1028
nearmint
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by nearmint View Post
The important part of the quote for me is that Acro has produced his work before and he's been happy with the results.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SONICobra View Post
true, im feeling better and better about this but im going to wait it out. how are you feeling about it? were / are you going to order?
I think I'll wait a bit, as well. I looked at this piece multiple times each and every day of SDCC, and had every intention of preordering day one. Now, with the TBD ES, there's no reason not to give it some time and mull it over.

Many seem to be taking this approach, which might result in a smaller than expected ES on the EX.
nearmint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 05:48 PM   #1029
Sandman585
Hydra

Hmmm. I don't know if I feel MUCH better but I am happy they responded. Still in hand photos will be the way to go on this
Sandman585 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2017, 05:49 PM   #1030
BlackestNight
Sailor Moon

My Wife ordered while I was getting tattooed, used $286 in rewards.

The pics look incredible.

The piece is just killer!

I've never done in hand photos before but if I wind up being one of few, I will do so.
BlackestNight is offline   Reply With Quote