Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-21-2017, 02:17 AM   #961
doeboy
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
I feel sorry for dealers selling statue through Ebay. ALL statues have blemishes and imperfections on them. I'm sure it's a nightmare selling them and getting that email that there is a paint drip, chip base, scratch etc. I wouldn't want to sell these.
Ebay needs to start protecting sellers from people who order and then nitpick about every little thing. It's one thing to have a crack, chip, or a broken statue and it's another to have a small paint imperfection that is blown up on a picture to make it look bigger than it actually is. There should be a disclaimer to all buyers that each statue is individually painted and unless there is a major defect then no refunds given. It costs a lot a money to ship these statues.
doeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 03:00 AM   #962
manboy
Sinister Six

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelboi77 View Post
I feel sorry for dealers selling statue through Ebay. ALL statues have blemishes and imperfections on them. I'm sure it's a nightmare selling them and getting that email that there is a paint drip, chip base, scratch etc. I wouldn't want to sell these.
This is exactly why I don't sell my statues anymore. This community is the absolute worst with nitpicking, thinking that every piece must be flawless and treating tiny blemishes or imperfections like a cracked statue. Not to mention Ebay blindly sides with them.
manboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 09:24 AM   #963
dechirico7
The Flash

Quote:
Originally Posted by doeboy View Post
Ebay needs to start protecting sellers from people who order and then nitpick about every little thing. It's one thing to have a crack, chip, or a broken statue and it's another to have a small paint imperfection that is blown up on a picture to make it look bigger than it actually is. There should be a disclaimer to all buyers that each statue is individually painted and unless there is a major defect then no refunds given. It costs a lot a money to ship these statues.
Quote:
Originally Posted by manboy View Post
This is exactly why I don't sell my statues anymore. This community is the absolute worst with nitpicking, thinking that every piece must be flawless and treating tiny blemishes or imperfections like a cracked statue. Not to mention Ebay blindly sides with them.
Wow! Are these in response to me?
They seem like it. I have four issues with my statue, all paint related. One chip is so bad it is actually pushed into the polystone and you two are telling me I should be ok with that on a $450 statue? It literally looks like it was hit against something sharp.

A cracked statue is ok?!?!?! Are you serious?!

I can see small paint imperfections being fine, but mine are due to rough casting and damage. Yes the fourth issue is a paint drip on her heel. I can live with that, but that huge chip...no way.

I see no issue with people wanting flawless at these price points.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 09:31 AM   #964
Demona
Martian Manhunter

I don't think they are directed at you, D. Just a comment on the state of Ebay in general.

Both posters agree that chips/cracks are not acceptable, but sometimes people blow things out of proportion with the paint apps.

You're a seasoned collector so you have seen paint apps on many pieces to know that not everything is flawless. It's sometimes new (or just insane perfectionist) collectors that don't understand there could be slight blemishes that have to be lived with. Those are the types that I have seen a problem with. But if I sell on ebay -- I used my REAL statue pics. Not factory. And I disclose EVERYTHING. IMO, part of the problem is sellers who bring it upon themselves by just using stock photos.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 11:36 PM   #965
Chrisrex82
The Herculoids

She came in today, unfortunately the leg was broken. Really disappointed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170221_180800.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	268.6 KB
ID:	102131   Click image for larger version

Name:	20170221_180817.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	150.5 KB
ID:	102132  
Chrisrex82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 04:21 AM   #966
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisrex82 View Post
Given the type of break, that's an ideal glue fix location, a join point where the square peg entered.

Some people don't like repairing, which makes for a valid point.

I've repaired 2 of my statues this way, both Gentle Giant statues. One was from ebay, and it was broken in many places.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 06:04 AM   #967
doeboy
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demona View Post
But if I sell on ebay -- I used my REAL statue pics. Not factory. And I disclose EVERYTHING. IMO, part of the problem is sellers who bring it upon themselves by just using stock photos.
There are douchebags who change their minds for whatever reason. Maybe it's because they don't like it in person or they could get a better deal somewhere else. They will make up any excuse to get a refund even say the box wasn't in pristine condition. You roll the dice with ebay even if you post your own pics. Like I said, there should be absolutely no refunds unless there is a crack, chip, fracture, or broken statue. Tiny imperfections in paint apps is not a legitimate excuse.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisrex82
That is a good reason to return. You really don't want to glue it back yourself either because the value is decreased in case you ever want to resell it. You should get what you paid for which is an undamaged statue.
doeboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 09:16 AM   #968
Chrisrex82
The Herculoids

I agree that it probably could be fixed by someone with the skills to do that, but I wouldnt be able to do it well, I've contacted sideshow about getting a replacement.
Chrisrex82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 02:14 PM   #969
dechirico7
The Flash

For $450+, no one should have to fix a statue.

I am still waiting to hear back from Sideshow.
How long does it usually take them to respond to their replacement forms?
I haven't done it in a while, usually I just return pieces.
dechirico7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 02:18 PM   #970
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by dechirico7 View Post
For $450+, no one should have to fix a statue.
I fixed my GentleGiant Maggie, as the lower arm had snapped off at the join_point. GG offered a $100 refund and i agreed to repair the statue myself. There is zero sign of a repair due to the nature of the break. If such a repair was not possible, i would have had it replaced.
ukshaun is online now   Reply With Quote