Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 02-19-2017, 11:29 PM   #31
Hunter22
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by samhain81 View Post
My thoughts exactly mate. You can't have a bust like this and not have at least a little pigment of yellow and red

Literally done this in 5 mins in photo shop, and makes a world of difference (at least in my eyes)

This makes the base 10x better IMO. I agree: adding the original red and yellow really makes this baby pop!
Hunter22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 04:22 AM   #32
Thorondor_33
Blue Falcon

For anyone in Canada who purchased the Bull T-Rex bust, what was the damage for shipping?
Thorondor_33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 02:32 PM   #33
chalback
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thorondor_33 View Post
For anyone in Canada who purchased the Bull T-Rex bust, what was the damage for shipping?
I would have to check but i think it was 50 or 60$ to Toronto.
chalback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 03:39 PM   #34
Thorondor_33
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by chalback View Post
I would have to check but i think it was 50 or 60$ to Toronto.
That's not bad at all for something of this size. UPS?
Thorondor_33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 04:59 PM   #35
Goodbytes
Doh!

First of all, I want to start on an incredibly positive note - the work Chronicle has done with Jurassic Park is unmatched. What a time to be a fan and a collector.

The paint job on this bust is stunning, and incredibly detailed. I can't stop pouring over the details. However, as others have mentioned, it appears to be based upon the restored JP rex paint job that happened some time after Jurassic Park... the colors are lighter, and the paint patterns are different.

While they are similar, the differences are noticeable... Rexy is perhaps the most iconic character from the franchise, and as such, deviations from her design are all the more attention grabbing.

For this price, and scale, I hope the final prototype is tweaked to match the film accurate colors and patterns. While the overall response has been positive, the JP collecting communities have been caught up on this. For long time fans of the franchise, and big time collectors, the difference is quite jarring - despite its subtlety.

I really hope this isn't taken too negatively - again, the artistry on this piece is unmatched! It just needs some tweaks to truly represent the queen of Isla Nublar!
Goodbytes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 05:01 PM   #36
Max Shreck
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Haha! Hilarious.
Max Shreck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 11:39 AM   #37
ALI3NS
Fantastic Four

What's the expected arrival/delivery date for this piece?
ALI3NS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 12:41 PM   #38
Adam_Warlock
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodbytes View Post
First of all, I want to start on an incredibly positive note - the work Chronicle has done with Jurassic Park is unmatched. What a time to be a fan and a collector.

The paint job on this bust is stunning, and incredibly detailed. I can't stop pouring over the details. However, as others have mentioned, it appears to be based upon the restored JP rex paint job that happened some time after Jurassic Park... the colors are lighter, and the paint patterns are different.

While they are similar, the differences are noticeable... Rexy is perhaps the most iconic character from the franchise, and as such, deviations from her design are all the more attention grabbing.

For this price, and scale, I hope the final prototype is tweaked to match the film accurate colors and patterns. While the overall response has been positive, the JP collecting communities have been caught up on this. For long time fans of the franchise, and big time collectors, the difference is quite jarring - despite its subtlety.

I really hope this isn't taken too negatively - again, the artistry on this piece is unmatched! It just needs some tweaks to truly represent the queen of Isla Nublar!

His first post and hes a professional painter.
Adam_Warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 01:06 PM   #39
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

Respectfully I have to disagree with the photos shown above. We did not paint this like the repainted skin, we tried to concentrate on the skin pattens from the original animatronic.

With the reference provide by Universal I think that Steve really mailed it. The stripes on here nose, while there are not as pronounced there are only three not four like the repaint. I think the photos we took are actually warmer than the model itself.

We're not changing a thing as we and Universal think it's pretty awesome.

So if you want the rarest 1:5 T-rex casting painted and assembled, look no further.

Paul
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2017, 01:51 PM   #40
yankeetrex
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post
Respectfully I have to disagree with the photos shown above. We did not paint this like the repainted skin, we tried to concentrate on the skin pattens from the original animatronic.

With the reference provide by Universal I think that Steve really mailed it. The stripes on here nose, while there are not as pronounced there are only three not four like the repaint. I think the photos we took are actually warmer than the model itself.

We're not changing a thing as we and Universal think it's pretty awesome.

So if you want the rarest 1:5 T-rex casting painted and assembled, look no further.

Paul
Maybe you could show us the reference photos used? I think people would have a better time understanding why Steve chose the paint scheme he did if they saw that. I for one am a day 1 preorder, you could have painted this Hot Pink and I would have ordered it, the female is just so much scarier then the male.
yankeetrex is offline   Reply With Quote