Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-17-2017, 09:00 AM   #8831
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

Finally got around to fixing the pits on my Bats. Have had him for years and always thought armpitgate was exaggerated.

Finding the new Sideshow pics really irritated me for some reason to the point that I was ready to plop down $500+ ($399 + $120 shipping) for a new version with improved face paint and pits.

Thankfully I came to my senses and fixed him up on my own. As others have said it isn't that hard and it took me about 30-40min. I can say that I def prefer the fixed version. Money saved!

Old pits

New pits
darren1228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 09:03 AM   #8832
risingstar
Jedi Order

Looks great! How did you fix that?
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 09:14 AM   #8833
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
Looks great! How did you fix that?
This video is all you need to know...Basically you loosen the fabric from the statue at the top. Apply fabric glue to the inside of the seams (where the sleeves and body portion meet) and apply pressure till the fabric sticks to the armpits. I'm making it sound harder than it is. Just be careful and if I can do it anyone can do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VMp5HD1idW4
Old 02-17-2017, 02:08 PM   #8834
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh-a-tron View Post
Like I said, didn't mean to offend or anything, I just prefer Sonic's. I prefer a classic look as well, but Sonic basically reshaped a ton of the statue and that's what's catching my eye.
No offence taken, Sonic did an awesome job customizing his statue, I wish I had sculpting talent would of saved me a lot of money on this Batman

Hey Darren that looks 100x's better fixing the armpits.... IMO it never should of never left the factory with the armpits like that... Even though the fix can be easy to do, there has been a couple members who ended up with stains on the outfit from the glue so if anyone does this fix go slow and use very little glue, it shouldn't take much to make the outfit stick under the armpit.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2017, 10:05 PM   #8835
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
No offence taken, Sonic did an awesome job customizing his statue, I wish I had sculpting talent would of saved me a lot of money on this Batman

Hey Darren that looks 100x's better fixing the armpits.... IMO it never should of never left the factory with the armpits like that... Even though the fix can be easy to do, there has been a couple members who ended up with stains on the outfit from the glue so if anyone does this fix go slow and use very little glue, it shouldn't take much to make the outfit stick under the armpit.
Yeah no excuse at all. Should never have happened in the first place. Could easily have been avoided if they had someone checking on the factory or if they had the factory send a production sample.

At least it is fixed now and I don't have to buy the updated version.
Old 03-20-2017, 12:49 AM   #8836
craigcliff1
Zot

Wait list gone sold out now.
craigcliff1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 09:21 AM   #8837
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

I found an easier way and not so permanent to maintain originality to fix the pits...

I found the perfect match (grey) sewing thread relatively thick by thread standards. Remove the the portrait and cape and run the thread under his arms in line with the suits seam. Pull up and tie off over the top of the shoulder, return the cape and portrait. Done.

The thread is unnoticeable as it disappears into the seam when tightened. Pulls the media fabric up into the pit and the knot is hidden under the returned cape.

Untie the thread and your PF is as it was from SS, if you decide to sell the buyer may prefer it.
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 09:30 AM   #8838
darren1228
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpuli28 View Post
I found an easier way and not so permanent to maintain originality to fix the pits...

I found the perfect match (grey) sewing thread relatively thick by thread standards. Remove the the portrait and cape and run the thread under his arms in line with the suits seam. Pull up and tie off over the top of the shoulder, return the cape and portrait. Done.

The thread is unnoticeable as it disappears into the seam when tightened. Pulls the media fabric up into the pit and the knot is hidden under the returned cape.

Untie the thread and your PF is as it was from SS, if you decide to sell the buyer may prefer it.
That would work for the left armpit but it would be quite noticeable on the right since the cape doesn't cover it.
Old 03-20-2017, 09:45 AM   #8839
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren1228 View Post
That would work for the left armpit but it would be quite noticeable on the right since the cape doesn't cover it.
Not so. Go higher up onto the shoulder. I did it, it works and look like it should have.
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 10:44 AM   #8840
Vpuik
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcliff1 View Post
Wait list gone sold out now.
Crazy that they sold all 11,500 of them. I was pretty sure there was going to be another batch. Well I'm sure we'll get to see a new one later this year.
Vpuik is offline   Reply With Quote