Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 09-11-2015, 11:19 AM   #241
SideShowJoe
Inhumans

Quote:
Originally Posted by darynalexander View Post
Does anyone know what type of paint to use for touch ups? I have a little white I need to fill in...

My Sinestro arrived with very minor paint flaws. A few dark spots on the back edge of the left leg, small scrape on the white collar (which I want to fix), but overall it's doable. Can't really notice unless you're specifically looking.
Sounds to me like there is little bit of work involved I would of sent back for replacement or at least partial refund to buy your paints sorry to hear your troubles but I have absolutely no idea what kind to get .... Good luck

Sarah Joe
SideShowJoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2016, 01:28 PM   #242
JRodri2540
The Avengers

Live Chat is back up!
JRodri2540 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2016, 05:18 PM   #243
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Can you guys quit with the Sideshow jabs in every damn post? I get it. You don't think are as great as they used to be or that they haven't had dynamic poses lately or whatever. But save it for an actual thread about a Sideshow statue. I'm tired of seeing every thread have someone comment "Oh this statue is great unlike SS" or "this piece has so many switch outs, take not sideshow" or "I trust their qc unlike SS" like we get it.
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 12:10 PM   #244
chris14
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Sideshow is DDOOOMMMM!!!! look at XM STUDIOS.....Better quality, work, design ect you name it...POOR DESIGN TEAM!! Good thing XM showed up at least we have BETTER OPTIONS.. Sideshow wasted a lot of opportunity representing comic characters..im selling my ss so i can replace them with XM...compare black panthers of ss nd xm...totally outclass dudes...not to mention diff. pf scales..instead of 1/4 ..ss came up of 1/5.. no consistency
chris14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 01:34 PM   #245
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by chris14 View Post
Sideshow is DDOOOMMMM!!!! look at XM STUDIOS.....Better quality, work, design ect you name it...POOR DESIGN TEAM!! Good thing XM showed up at least we have BETTER OPTIONS.. Sideshow wasted a lot of opportunity representing comic characters..im selling my ss so i can replace them with XM...compare black panthers of ss nd xm...totally outclass dudes...not to mention diff. pf scales..instead of 1/4 ..ss came up of 1/5.. no consistency
Thanks for taking the time to provide your valued input... The XM section is elsewhere.

I mean come on, try to be a little constructive, or at least have a specific complaint for the "complaints thread"...
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2016, 01:45 PM   #246
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Yeah, what Python said. This is a thread dedicated to quality control problems with Sideshow product not the "I like X company more than Y" thread.

Ain't nobody got time for that!
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 08:28 PM   #247
built2shred
Phoenix

Argh!!!!! I won two statues from SS Ebay Auction for charity yet it's next to impossible to get ahold of them so I can pay for the statues... Their Customer Line goes to voice mail, I've left my information on the voice mail so they can call me but nothing so far.... just frustrating because on their Ebay statement it says I only have 5 business days to pay them... 3 days gone so far...

I don't know why they just don't use PayPal, this stuff with winners having to get ahold of them to pay by credit card is annoying since nobody answers the phone over there...

built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 09:03 PM   #248
SSAlex
Sideshow
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
Argh!!!!! I won two statues from SS Ebay Auction for charity yet it's next to impossible to get ahold of them so I can pay for the statues... Their Customer Line goes to voice mail, I've left my information on the voice mail so they can call me but nothing so far.... just frustrating because on their Ebay statement it says I only have 5 business days to pay them... 3 days gone so far...

I don't know why they just don't use PayPal, this stuff with winners having to get ahold of them to pay by credit card is annoying since nobody answers the phone over there...

Sorry about the delay and very much understand your frustration. Our phones went through an upgrade over the weekend and an unforeseen outage occurred this Monday morning and thus people couldn't get through. They are up and running as of 2 hours ago. If you left a message you will hear back from the customer service representative handling our auctions this week. Please also feel free to contact me via PM here as well and I can help in facilitating getting answers to any questions, check-ins on when you can hear back, etc.

As for paypal...unfortunately at this time we cannot use it for our charity auctions but hope to be able to use it in the future.

Thank you so much for bidding on the auctions and please do feel free to contact me at any time regarding the auctions you won.
SSAlex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 09:17 PM   #249
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSAlex View Post
Sorry about the delay and very much understand your frustration. Our phones went through an upgrade over the weekend and an unforeseen outage occurred this Monday morning and thus people couldn't get through. They are up and running as of 2 hours ago. If you left a message you will hear back from the customer service representative handling our auctions this week. Please also feel free to contact me via PM here as well and I can help in facilitating getting answers to any questions, check-ins on when you can hear back, etc.

As for paypal...unfortunately at this time we cannot use it for our charity auctions but hope to be able to use it in the future.

Thank you so much for bidding on the auctions and please do feel free to contact me at any time regarding the auctions you won.
Thanks for the reply... I'm not mad or anything just a bit frustrated as I don't want to lose the statues because I wasn't able to contact anyone within 5 days.. I'll try calling again tomorrow...
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2017, 08:06 PM   #250
komodo112
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I got two gift cards for Christmas which would have been a huge help because I have 4 flex payments in January.

I look at my statement and it was deducted from my debit card instead.

When I contact support they tell me it can only be applied to a final flex payment. Only one of my orders is going to be a final one.

I ask if they can place it as an advance payment for another order. They couldn't.

I finally ended the chat too annoyed because they asked me what my gift card number was (already saved on the system. Even I can't see it) Then asked for the four numbers so a dev can look into it?!

I've been purchasing statues from Sideshow for years and always been happy with products and service but this time I'm pretty aggravated.

So many rules and loopholes for a gift card?! Never ever getting a gift card from Sideshow going forward.
komodo112 is offline   Reply With Quote