Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Home Grown > Sculptor's Pit Stop

Old 02-15-2013, 01:32 AM   #1
gomur
The Tick

Loose pegs holding Batman B&W statue

My Batman B&W Bane statue comes separate from the base, on which there are two pegs that go into his feet. Unfortunately, the holes in his feet have too big a diameter and so the statue has a tendency to tilt forward. Is there any remedy you know of to get a snug fit with the pegs and the holes in the statue's feet?

Thanks in advance!
gomur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 09:47 PM   #2
Arcusprime
Shadowhawk

If you don't mind something permanent, use some superglue or epoxy inside the holes, then align the statue where you want and secure it for a bit.
Arcusprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 03:19 PM   #3
gomur
The Tick

This might be an ignorant statement, but could I use something like magic sculpt to fill the holes? Insert the statue and let it stand for a while as the magic sculpt hardens?
Old 02-28-2013, 07:22 PM   #4
Arcusprime
Shadowhawk

Yes.
Arcusprime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 12:45 PM   #5
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
This might be an ignorant statement, but could I use something like magic sculpt to fill the holes? Insert the statue and let it stand for a while as the magic sculpt hardens?
ya that will work

dont use superglue, it has a potent fumes that create a white cloud on paints that will never come off. i always tell people to stay away from super glue.

There is a glue for hobbiest called Insta-Set, can get it anywhere and its just the same as superglue if not better and wont create that white cloud on paints.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2013, 10:24 PM   #6
gomur
The Tick

Thanks for the feedback, guys. Vince-Vell, I'm a big fan of your work! Should I use some plastic wrap on the peg/foot before inserting in the hole filled with magic sculpt?
Old 03-02-2013, 09:49 AM   #7
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gomur View Post
Thanks for the feedback, guys. Vince-Vell, I'm a big fan of your work! Should I use some plastic wrap on the peg/foot before inserting in the hole filled with magic sculpt?
if you want it to come in and out and not be set into the base you can try that, but the wrap may just pull it back out. try useing water on it to help it slide in and out.

push it in a tiny bit, then pop out use some more water and keep doing that till it goes all the way in.

but i fear the wrap will be a issue, prob better to just go with the bare peg but may be hard to do that with water sculpt, will get onto the paint and then have to touch it up.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote