Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Chronicle Collectibles

Old 07-26-2016, 12:45 PM   #251
Ricky Bobby
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chronicle CS View Post
If the JP Female sells well, we will most certainly do the LW Male.

We have designed the JP Female with the mouth open as shown at Comic Con. You must remember that we work closely with Universal and this was a unanimous call with Amblin, Universal and Chronicle. We aren't the final say when it comes to JP.

I still hope that we can convince the factory to do both paint jobs and eyes on the same masters so we can offer the same pose but in two paint schemes.

Fingers crossed.

Paul
Its understandable that you guys at CC do not have the final say,but you can explain to your partners that most ppl are interested in the LW pose,some wanting the colour scheme as well.These are not gonna be priced cheap,and therefore many interested parties may only be able to get one,in which case they will wait for the semi closed mouth version which may negatively impact sales for the JP version with the open mouth,consquently leading to no LW version.I hope I am wrong because I really want the LW version,but clearly from fan feedback you guys are making a risky decision imo
Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 12:54 PM   #252
CallMe_Snake
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Interesting... how many collectors seem to want the mouth closed most of the way, if not closed completely? :/

I would have thought mouth open was the way most would prefere. That way you get to see the details on the teeth, mouth, tongue... etc.

I just think having the mouth open, at least a little... is a no-brainer. Otherwise you are missing out on some of the potentially awesome details of this peice.

Like my Terror Dog.. part of what I love about it is the mouth being open and being able to see all of the details in the mouth and teeth.

It would be a massive let-down for me if they showed them and the mouths were closed...

I'd feel like they were cutting corners by not modeling the mouth and teeth, to save cost...
That sounds more like a Sideshow move to me... lol

I'm happy to see Chronicle took the most impressive route, rather than the easier/cheaper one with these.

I know I'm in the minority here...
but I say mouth open for sure.

Let me see those deadly teeth on display.
CallMe_Snake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 01:05 PM   #253
thx217
Ultimates

I do lean to open mouth but the current look is not animated enough. Open mouth has so much possibilities and makes a piece much scarier(=WIN). And I'd ONLY buy a complete closed mouth version after I have the semi or fully opened mouth ones.
thx217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 01:06 PM   #254
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

Honestly you guys can say that most want the closed mouth, but that's just the handful here on Statue Forum.

At comic con the thousands of people that visited our booth unanimously loved the open mouth version and very few wanted the Lost World male.

As it stands the open mouth is the final version and i'm going to try to offer it in the female and male colors.

Paul
Chronicle CS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 01:10 PM   #255
Bmaga123
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Honestly you guys can say that most want the closed mouth, but that's just the handful here on Statue Forum.

At comic con the thousands of people that visited our booth unanimously loved the open mouth version and very few wanted the Lost World male.

As it stands the open mouth is the final version and i'm going to try to offer it in the female and male colors.

Paul
When are pre-orders going up Paul?
Bmaga123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 01:11 PM   #256
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

I do want to say that I appreciate the feedback, but on this one the way I designed the look is what Universal accepted with few changes.

Paul
Old 07-26-2016, 01:22 PM   #257
Ricky Bobby
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Can you at least tweak the look of the open mouth version to give it a more animated look like thx has pointed out?
Ricky Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 01:22 PM   #258
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by thx217 View Post
I do lean to open mouth but the current look is not animated enough. Open mouth has so much possibilities and makes a piece much scarier(=WIN). And I'd ONLY buy a complete closed mouth version after I have the semi or fully opened mouth ones.
This is exactly how I feel about the current open mouth. It's an incredible looking sculpt, but as it stands the raptor looks like she's about to yawn. Nothing intimidating or iconic looking in the current expression.

Like Ricky Bobby said, I only have room for one and can only afford one. So "revisiting" the idea of the TLW bust later on doesn't exactly help me. I can hold out for that release, but what if it never happens for one reason or another? Then I'm out of a JP raptor bust because these sold out? Or if I buy this now and the 2nd one is finally released I'm stuck with the bust I find less appealing?

My point is that this could have been an epic release by finding the most optimally pleasing design. The current expression isn't dramatically different enough from the teased TLW bust and just feels like the raptor is mid roar/yawn. I'm sure this feels like beating a dead horse given Paul's last explanation of the situation, but I have to believe that consumers expressing their thoughts on potential future purchases is beneficial in the long run.

Quote:

Paul
To be fair, I imagine most of the hype and reception towards any products at a show like SDCC is the initial reaction to something new. I'm not saying the praise isn't well deserved, but everyone is passing by seeing thousands of new and exciting products. None of those people have the time to look at things critically.

Last edited by Luminous; 07-26-2016 at 01:24 PM.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 01:24 PM   #259
Chronicle CS
Chronicle Collectibles
Producer

Feel free to post your thoughts and concerns I always listen, but with this product no changes will be made with the exception of a few tweaks to the glass eye and the clean up on the masters.

Paul
Old 07-26-2016, 01:28 PM   #260
Luminous
Cyclops

Quote:
Feel free to post your thoughts and concerns I always listen, but with this product no changes will be made with the exception of a few tweaks to the glass eye and the clean up on the masters.

Paul
That's fine. I'm sure this will sell out. The JP collectible landscape is a barren place, so that will no doubt help. For me however I need to be 110% in love with something to dish out this sort of cash. Not sure I'm there.
Luminous is offline   Reply With Quote