Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 11-01-2019, 10:52 AM   #211
moyiori
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I suppose it's all in how you look at it. My friend said they didn't have to release it at all, and that's so true. There was no obligation for them to ever release that portrait, but they did. So I am being positive and thankful.

Or, you can be negative about it and simply call them Greedshow. I'm choosing the former.
Depends, if its sideshowcollectors i'm obligated to hate everything they do. If its here, i have to mostly hate with as little as possible constructive criticisms. If i'm being faux woke, i'm still mad about transcaucasian psylocke.

Me personally, i'm happy they released it and will be positive about it. Just means a little extra work on my end to keep her.
moyiori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 10:57 AM   #212
schachi08
The Avengers

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post
I suppose it's all in how you look at it. My friend said they didn't have to release it at all, and that's so true. There was no obligation for them to ever release that portrait, but they did. So, I am being positive and thankful.

Or, you can be negative about it and simply call them Greedshow. I'm choosing the former.
schachi08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 10:58 AM   #213
Commander0Zero
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Honestly thought it was a great event. Daredevil and Psylocke were excellent varients. Also the second chance items and the free points. I mean it's an event that feature s by nature limited collectibles. You know to be on your toes next year cause you never know what could happen.
Commander0Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 11:00 AM   #214
grphyx1
Kingpin

I think this was one of their most successfully executed spooks since they started on the various social media sites. It was cohesive. I had a great time with it and on here.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 11:08 AM   #215
Vpuik
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
I think this was one of their most successfully executed spooks since they started on the various social media sites. It was cohesive. I had a great time with it and on here.
Now that SS is moving away from being just a statue and 1/6 maker and seller they definitely needed to change their marketing strategy.

As bad as it sounds to the old school guys here, I do love Buffy and what she's doing with the social media team.
Vpuik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 11:21 AM   #216
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vpuik View Post
Now that SS is moving away from being just a statue and 1/6 maker and seller they definitely needed to change their marketing strategy.

As bad as it sounds to the old school guys here, I do love Buffy and what she's doing with the social media team.
I agree, like I said, most fun I've had during Spook in years. The chat cave was a great too, and I love that they let Chicky do her thing to. It was hilarious.
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 11:31 AM   #217
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

I feel like I'm missing some backstory to the Macho Man Randy Savage routine.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 11:40 AM   #218
Vpuik
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

One thing I really liked was hearing about all the people making their first SS purchase with the points they got last week.
Vpuik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 01:03 PM   #219
Master Pizza
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

I had a great time with Spooktacular. Bought a great statue which has quickly elevated to becoming one of my favorites in the collection, and managed to finish with $66 in rewards despite missing several codes.
Master Pizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 01:58 PM   #220
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Scavenger hunt completion email is out.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote