Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 05-20-2012, 06:52 AM   #811
Shallow_
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
I'd be shocked if Sideshow's piece had any effect whatsoever on the aftermarket prices of GG's Baby Doll. The pieces are quite different and with GG we know their game plan upfront, they're committed to doing all the girls and broadening the line with secondary characters. That has a strong appeal to collectors.

On the other hand Sideshow has a reputation of getting film licenses and only producing PFs of the main character. Examples: Hellboy, Pirates of the Caribbean, Terminator, Alien, Aliens, Conan etc....
From the preview pictures, the character likeness on the SS statues look way off. They just look angry..

I would go as far as to say the SS PF has nailed another actress likeness

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3787-2.JPG
Views:	168
Size:	292.5 KB
ID:	72147   Click image for larger version

Name:	coolidge1.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	18.5 KB
ID:	72148  
Shallow_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 06:37 PM   #812
Finalape
Birdman

I think the SS likeness with the emotion on her face is great.
Finalape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 11:28 PM   #813
Y3E
Gen 13

Comicbookguy, get BD if you can. I doubt the price will go down, especially with Rocket and Blondie coming out, many people will want to have a complete collection, not that you need to, but having all 5 girls together will look great.

Geez, just checked eBay and the cheapest is a $499 one but that is in bidding stage right now. The cheapest buy it is over $700.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 11:36 PM   #814
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post
Comicbookguy, get BD if you can. I doubt the price will go down, especially with Rocket and Blondie coming out, many people will want to have a complete collection, not that you need to, but having all 5 girls together will look great.
Yes I'm looking all over already I don't even care what version. This is a challenge to find one at going
Rates. All I see is flipper prices that are not even reasonable. I'm getting one regardless. I will have her but I'm not throwing money out the door. I will be patient. For now I'm going to order sweet pea and amber first. I'm still amaze at the detail and quality of sweet pea when I saw her in person. The scale sealed the deal for me. The hot toys version looks very nice as well.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 01:29 AM   #815
Vaako
A day without sunshine is like... night.

although i ordered babydoll from 3 different stores i never had one of these orders fullfilled

i finally managed to score one but also had to pay almost double of the initial retail price but it's such a great statue that i don't mind i had to pay that much extra for her
Vaako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 01:34 AM   #816
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vaako View Post
although i ordered babydoll from 3 different stores i never had one of these orders fullfilled

i finally managed to score one but also had to pay almost double of the initial retail price but it's such a great statue that i don't mind i had to pay that much extra for her
Wow so the retailers really screw customers over? This is a new low if they did that just to profit more. I mean collectors can do whatever they want, but retailers should at least allow their customers to buy them at retail price when it's release. Btw why is bbts charging so much more for blondie?
Old 05-21-2012, 02:27 PM   #817
Prevail69
Kindly Asked To Leave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
Wow so the retailers really screw customers over? This is a new low if they did that just to profit more. I mean collectors can do whatever they want, but retailers should at least allow their customers to buy them at retail price when it's release. Btw why is bbts charging so much more for blondie?
Sooooo many ppl got screwed over on the Babydoll pre-orders. They screwed up the edition size/distribution big time. Only a few Etailers ended up getting her at all.

Blondie is more expensive because her and the German zombie have a retail price of $300 instead of $250 like the other girls... Just cause GG seen how popular this line was and is trying to squeeze a few more $ out of it. Cant blame them tho, this line is priced very reasonable compared to Sideshow.

And P.s. I think when Rocket and Blondie are relesed it will have more affect on Babydolls price than the SS version. I think Blondie may end up being one of the best.
Your not gonna find Babydoll cheaper than $500, and thats not flipper rate. Thats her minimum worth now... and it will prob be more after all girls are out.
Prevail69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2012, 02:38 PM   #818
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Yes these are much cheaper than Sideshow for the size. great deal!
Old 05-22-2012, 12:55 PM   #819
Shallow_
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Hell yeah!

Got no. 0237/1400 and both screw lined up almost perfectly when attaching base.

Only warning I would give people is that you hold her by her thighs. When picking her up from styrofoam I grabbed her back and fortunately felt the laces before damaging them.
Shallow_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2012, 01:04 PM   #820
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by Y3E View Post

Geez, just checked eBay and the cheapest is a $499 one but that is in bidding stage right now. The cheapest buy it is over $700.
Yeah your right. The 500.00 one I don't like the seller from Japan. His terms suck and shipping is 100.00. Then customs etc. If you read his terms it's very risky to deal with someone like that. Seems like 700.00 plus is the going rate not including shipping. The USA version is more. I like the gun version better but oh well I just bought mine USA AP version for 700.00 with no gun. I'm very excited to finally get one. Can't wait for it to arrive. Still have no clue why AP versions are made but oh well. I'm just glad to add her to my collection.