Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Iron Studios

Old 05-15-2017, 12:01 AM   #41
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Sisko View Post
Yeah fair call, the two pieces having the same base is only a problem if you're buying both. I just can't think of a reason that the blue/yellow would be jumping out of the tank, other than they couldn't be bothered to sculpt another base. I can see how people would prefer the IS to XM though. The base is much smaller and more manageable too for people who have space concerns. No wrong choice here really, and I hope the quality of the IS is on par with their recent Civil War releases which have looked good. I'm really looking forward to seeing the XM one in Singapore this year, and I wish I had an opportunity to see more IS pieces in person.
I do agree that it is lazy on the part of IS to use essentially the same base for their yellow Wolvie. It makes zero sense to use that base in the context of that character. I guess it is possible that it might be a place holder until the actual base is printed but the chances of that are probably slim.

Speaking of thier Civil War line, I just received my IS Civil War Winter Soldier and it turned out spectacular! The level of detail in the sculpt is outstanding and the paint apps are very well done with some really great shading and very clean lines. I am extremely happy with the piece. I have Falcon coming soon and plan to order Cap.

It's good to read that you will be in Singapore again this year. Your videos last year were great. I'll have to make a point to catch them this year if you post them again.
Viper245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 10:44 AM   #42
It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viper245 View Post
I do agree that it is lazy on the part of IS to use essentially the same base for their yellow Wolvie. It makes zero sense to use that base in the context of that character. I guess it is possible that it might be a place holder until the actual base is printed but the chances of that are probably slim.

Speaking of thier Civil War line, I just received my IS Civil War Winter Soldier and it turned out spectacular! The level of detail in the sculpt is outstanding and the paint apps are very well done with some really great shading and very clean lines. I am extremely happy with the piece. I have Falcon coming soon and plan to order Cap.

It's good to read that you will be in Singapore again this year. Your videos last year were great. I'll have to make a point to catch them this year if you post them again.
Congrats on the IS Winter Soldier! I have the AOU Cap and Iron Man and they are both fantastic pieces as well. Mine are from the first batch they did of the AOU pieces and are absolutely flawless. They then made a second batch that had several issues, and after that came the Spider-man. The one I received didn't even remotely fit together, most of the base felt like cheap plastic, and both the base and body were broken in several places. That was probably the most disappointed I've ever been in a statue. I got a refund and didn't order any more IS pieces due to quality concerns. But I'm so happy to see that they've turned things around! I've been wanting to PO their Vader, but held off. But I think I'm going to cave and order.
It's Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 11:38 PM   #43
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Congrats on the IS Winter Soldier! I have the AOU Cap and Iron Man and they are both fantastic pieces as well. Mine are from the first batch they did of the AOU pieces and are absolutely flawless. They then made a second batch that had several issues, and after that came the Spider-man. The one I received didn't even remotely fit together, most of the base felt like cheap plastic, and both the base and body were broken in several places. That was probably the most disappointed I've ever been in a statue. I got a refund and didn't order any more IS pieces due to quality concerns. But I'm so happy to see that they've turned things around! I've been wanting to PO their Vader, but held off. But I think I'm going to cave and order.
Thank you! Congrats to you on adding AOU Cap and Iron Man to your collection. Two exceptionally well done pieces and AOU Cap is arguably the best movie Cap produced by any company to date. Sadly, I wasn't aware of IS when those pieces came out so I missed out on owning them.

I remember reading about their Spider-man debacle. IS really dropped the ball on that piece. They tried to make it right by making a new run of replacements that were much better quality from what I read on the forum but I don't blame anyone for taking a refund and walking away. I would have done the same thing if I had ordered that piece.

I ordered their Darth Vader piece as well. I have high hopes for that piece and their whole Star Wars line. In fact, I won't be ordering any Star Wars pieces from Sideshow any time soon and plan to focus on IS. Sideshow really hasn't impressed my lately with their Star Wars line so I am happy to see that IS will be putting out their own line. If Vader is any indication, it should be an exciting line with ambitious art direction.
Old 05-17-2017, 11:06 AM   #44
It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Thank you! Congrats to you on adding AOU Cap and Iron Man to your collection. Two exceptionally well done pieces and AOU Cap is arguably the best movie Cap produced by any company to date. Sadly, I wasn't aware of IS when those pieces came out so I missed out on owning them.

I remember reading about their Spider-man debacle. IS really dropped the ball on that piece. They tried to make it right by making a new run of replacements that were much better quality from what I read on the forum but I don't blame anyone for taking a refund and walking away. I would have done the same thing if I had ordered that piece.

I ordered their Darth Vader piece as well. I have high hopes for that piece and their whole Star Wars line. In fact, I won't be ordering any Star Wars pieces from Sideshow any time soon and plan to focus on IS. Sideshow really hasn't impressed my lately with their Star Wars line so I am happy to see that IS will be putting out their own line. If Vader is any indication, it should be an exciting line with ambitious art direction.
I'm in exactly the same boat. Sideshow's recent Star Wars offerings just haven't wow'd me so I haven't ordered any of them, including their recent Vader. The IS Vader however really impressed me. I went ahead and placed an order for one now that I've seen the quality on the Civil War pieces coming out. I'm really excited to see if they can do 1/4 Star Wars pieces with the same level of likeness as the AOU Cap or Civil War Winter Soldier or Falcon.

Judging from the portrait they just showed, the paint on this Weapon X is looking really great so far. I'm looking forward to seeing it finished.
It's Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 09:17 PM   #45
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
I'm in exactly the same boat. Sideshow's recent Star Wars offerings just haven't wow'd me so I haven't ordered any of them, including their recent Vader. The IS Vader however really impressed me. I went ahead and placed an order for one now that I've seen the quality on the Civil War pieces coming out. I'm really excited to see if they can do 1/4 Star Wars pieces with the same level of likeness as the AOU Cap or Civil War Winter Soldier or Falcon.

Judging from the portrait they just showed, the paint on this Weapon X is looking really great so far. I'm looking forward to seeing it finished.
I agree about the paint on this Weapon X portrait. It's looking fantastic. In the background of that pic it looked like the base is painted as well. It's possible this piece might be up for preorder soon.

Congrats on securing your Darth Vader order. I think it's going to be a tough piece to top. I can't wait to get it in hand so I can pour over all the detail. I think IS will nail the likenesses on their 1/4 Star Wars pieces. I say that as I am looking at my Civil War Winter Soldier. The likeness looks just like Sebastian Stan. It's incredible how life like it looks.
Old 05-17-2017, 09:56 PM   #46
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

Quote:

It is lazy to use the same base for both.

I just got IS Bucky and was blown away by the details. It's my first IS piece but I have Cap on PO. I think they make the best movie statues out there. Can't wait to see what pieces they make in the future.
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 11:19 PM   #47
Viper245
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastballSpecial View Post
It is lazy to use the same base for both.

I just got IS Bucky and was blown away by the details. It's my first IS piece but I have Cap on PO. I think they make the best movie statues out there. Can't wait to see what pieces they make in the future.
Congrats on Bucky! I agree that IS is really putting out some quality pieces in their movie lines. Hopefully that same high quality will carry over to this piece when it is released.
Old 05-17-2017, 11:34 PM   #48
FastballSpecial
Teen Titans

Quote:
Congrats on Bucky! I agree that IS is really putting out some quality pieces in their movie lines. Hopefully that same high quality will carry over to this piece when it is released.
Thanks! I wanted a Winter Soldier for years so happy that IS made one.

I'm still on the fence as to which Weapon X I want. Having one is a MUST for me. Waiting to see both IS and XM. Both look great so far.
FastballSpecial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 07:57 AM   #49
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by FastballSpecial View Post
Thanks! I wanted a Winter Soldier for years so happy that IS made one.

I'm still on the fence as to which Weapon X I want. Having one is a MUST for me. Waiting to see both IS and XM. Both look great so far.
I'm in the same boat! Weapon X is a must ...but not sure which one to get yet. Fortunately, both look great so far.
AC_808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2017, 08:20 AM   #50
craigcliff1
Zot

Was confirmed Sideshow going to sell this piece.
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote