Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Blizzard / Weta

Old 11-23-2017, 12:57 AM   #41
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Malvo View Post
I suspect there will be a limited amount of these available. I too paid retail for the Balrog and that's exactly why I no longer pay retail from Weta unless absolutely necessary. On a positive note, I'm looking forward to next years event when I snag the Fell Beast bust, Thorin on Throne, the Torturer of Dol Guldur and the Ringwraith of Forod. Given the fact we know these monster sales are coming, it's beyond me why anyone would willing pay retail anymore.
The only problem with that logic is the lower ES’s are working against us in this regard. I don’t think the Torturer will be around this time next year. The others might but it’s hard to say. I’m keeping my eye on a few of those myself.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 01:36 AM   #42
Malvo
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellboy View Post
The only problem with that logic is the lower ES’s are working against us in this regard. I don’t think the Torturer will be around this time next year. The others might but it’s hard to say. I’m keeping my eye on a few of those myself.
That's true, the lower ES's aren't helping matters, but the drastic price hikes are. With limited budgets a lot of people are going to have to make some tough decisions this upcoming year and I'm hoping the statues I mentioned fall through the cracks.

Eomer is coming soon, and he won't be cheap. So is Haldir and he's definitely going to be a hot seller. Not to mention the 1/3 scale Gollum which I was told will be out by the end of this month. So with all these choices/options coming soon I'm hoping the Torturer is one of those statues that falls through the cracks. If not, I'll hold out as long as I can before ordering, just like I did with Thrandruil on Elk. Even if only 2 or 3 of the 4 statues I mentioned are available for next years BF sale, I'll be pretty happy.
Malvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 02:22 AM   #43
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Yeah, I’m with ya. Holding out on as much as I can. Waited until the day before ToE sold out to place my order on that one. Eomer and Haldir are must haves for me. I don’t expect either of them to last long when they do go up however.
Old 11-23-2017, 12:16 PM   #44
travis
A.I.M.

Got the dol guldur north,south,and colonnade. ..paid reg price but got back 182 weta dollars..
travis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2017, 04:18 PM   #45
slynger
Hellboy

Not going to lie, I'm tempted to grab the Mouth of Sauron at retail. I don't see him sticking around a long time.
slynger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 02:55 AM   #46
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slynger View Post
Not going to lie, I'm tempted to grab the Mouth of Sauron at retail. I don't see him sticking around a long time.
Do it! You won’t regret it. One of Weta’s best ever. This’ll be a sought after piece down the road.
Old 11-24-2017, 11:01 AM   #47
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

I picked up Lurtz/Uruk-Hai swordsman, 3 minis (Moria Orc to go with my Balrog, Smaug and Ringwraith). If they put that Fell Beast on sale next year for a good price then I have that mini Ringwraith to go with it. I also picked up Galadriel to display as a stand alone piece. Staying away from most of the Hobbit stuff.

I considered Boromir with a lower ES than the Uruk Swordsman, but I rather have the Orc over Boromir. If Boromir is there on next year's sale I might consider him, but he doesn't seem that strong of a piece.

Currently have ToE, MoS and Isildur on order. I wouldn't mess around with preordering Isildur or counting on him going on sale next year.
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 11:51 AM   #48
Malvo
U talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SolidLiquidFox View Post
I picked up Lurtz/Uruk-Hai swordsman, 3 minis (Moria Orc to go with my Balrog, Smaug and Ringwraith). If they put that Fell Beast on sale next year for a good price then I have that mini Ringwraith to go with it. I also picked up Galadriel to display as a stand alone piece. Staying away from most of the Hobbit stuff.

I considered Boromir with a lower ES than the Uruk Swordsman, but I rather have the Orc over Boromir. If Boromir is there on next year's sale I might consider him, but he doesn't seem that strong of a piece.

Currently have ToE, MoS and Isildur on order. I wouldn't mess around with preordering Isildur or counting on him going on sale next year.
Agreed. I pre-ordered him as well as there's no way he'll be available a year from now. Here's hoping Weta doesn't butcher the paint apps on Isildur's armor the way they did with Dain on Ironfoot.
Malvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 03:40 PM   #49
SolidLiquidFox
Savage Dragon

Isildur and anything from the Prologue should sell fairly well for Weta. Gil Galad, Elendil, a new Sauron, infantry orcs and soldiers, etc.

I got 2 Elven Warriors during last year's black friday sale (free shipping) and I am glad for it now.
SolidLiquidFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2017, 06:32 PM   #50
FROBAY
Phoenix

Got the 1/1 Gollum for 999.00
FROBAY is offline   Reply With Quote