Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 07-03-2018, 06:13 PM   #211
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

From those pics I think the paint looks great, except for the black 'lines' around the abdominal area.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2018, 09:21 PM   #212
Ranz
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Sweet pics
Ranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 10:58 AM   #213
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
From those pics I think the paint looks great, except for the black 'lines' around the abdominal area.
pics look great. the abdominal area is padded armor, it's supposed to looked weathered and beat up.
aa909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 06:19 PM   #214
Phoenixblazes
Crime Syndicate

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
pics look great. the abdominal area is padded armor, it's supposed to looked weathered and beat up.
I'm not so sure that those black lines actually helps to accomplish that look.

Kinda reminds me with how many MCU Iron Man pieces have badly painted panel lines.

But in either case I'm sure it looks better in hand.
Phoenixblazes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018, 07:02 PM   #215
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenixblazes View Post
I'm not so sure that those black lines actually helps to accomplish that look.

Kinda reminds me with how many MCU Iron Man pieces have badly painted panel lines.

But in either case I'm sure it looks better in hand.
They are supposed to be stitch lines. The entire statue has different straps and whatnot all over it are meant to look fabric with stitch lines. In hand the stitch lines on the abs are grey and look very natural.

I just picked mine up today, and this is the first statue I’ve ever owned that has literally taken my breath away. It’s going to be one that we talk about for years to come. What P1 has accomplished with this is nothing short of masterpiece status. The attention to detail is impeccable. The sculpt and the colours are phenomenal. If anyone is on the fence about this one, just buy it, you won’t regret it.
ComicJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018, 01:09 PM   #216
aa909
The Green Hornet

finally got mine delivered and unboxed. The details in the sculpt are amazing and both head sculpts are spectacular. Surprisingly the pose with the sword is actually quite good in person

Old 07-07-2018, 01:47 PM   #217
Mister H
Gen 13

Very imposing. Colors turned out great. Nice pick-up.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 02:30 PM   #218
aa909
The Green Hornet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Very imposing. Colors turned out great. Nice pick-up.
thank you! it really did turn out well, and likely the only licensed Thomas Wayne statue we're going to see in 1/4 or 1/3
Old 07-08-2018, 03:20 PM   #219
Mister H
Gen 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by aa909 View Post
thank you! it really did turn out well, and likely the only licensed Thomas Wayne statue we're going to see in 1/4 or 1/3
Oh man, I hope it’s not the only one. I’d like to have a Thomas Wayne/Bats someday. While damn-near perfect, this Prime 1 is too big for my collection.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 05:28 PM   #220
miro
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister H View Post
Oh man, I hope it’s not the only one. I’d like to have a Thomas Wayne/Bats someday. While damn-near perfect, this Prime 1 is too big for my collection.
I think he is right. Is somebody gets a 1/4 Arkham line licence in the next years, he will for sure need 2 years to design and produce the mainstream char statues. After this, you need a great batman fan in the management, who also loves Thomas Wayne as a possible additional statue candidate, which takes again 1-2 years to design and produce. So, if you think, all this will happen, you are very optimistic.
I send a great "Thank You" to Prime 1 Studios for this special and perfect statue and also the whole Arkham line. For me it is the best looking statue in my collection and my statue of the year. Since I love the Flashpoint comic, I'm very happy Prime 1 Studios gave us this gift.
miro is offline   Reply With Quote