Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 07-09-2018, 01:58 PM   #71
tamaboy311
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkShadow View Post
I've gotten 32 pieces directly through Weta, and 3 had QC issues. Sadly, two of those where also the most expensive ones, in Thranduil on Elk and the big Smaug. The other one was Galadriel, which had a broken arm. Weta was great with replacements for all statues though, so I now have a great Galadriel and big Smaug. Sadly, Thranduil had bad paint overall, so I chose a refund. My conclusion is, should Weta's QC be better? Yes. Is it horrendous? No. And when Weta gets it right (which, in my opinion, is very often), they really do produce fantastic statues.

Also, it's rare to see a company going all in on one line as Weta. I'm a Star Wars fan as well, and I wish there was a company doing that for Star Wars. Not just statues, but environments, props and other stuff as well.

About the scale, 1/6 is a great scale if you really want to go all in on one line as I have done. 1/4 or 1/3 is better suited if you want to have a few of the main characters, I would say. Not to mention the price, not that Weta normally is super cheap, but with their annual sale you can get a lot of statues for 150 or 200$, which in this day and age, is great.

As for Prime 1, I have another room with space for other statues, but I'm still waiting for my first buy. With JP and Alien coming up, I'm sure it won't take long.
I'm with you. so far all the WETA pieces I have are flawless. I think, in my own opinion, that when a company starts releasing to many statues at the same time, that can put a strain in deadlines. therefore, impacting QC quality. again, that's my opinion. I really don't know how Prime 1 handles so many at the same time and still get such high quality.
tamaboy311 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 02:15 PM   #72
Thorondor_33
Blue Falcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Warlock View Post
LOL ofcourse Prime 1 has decided to do the Rotunda Rex. Exactly what Chronicle is doing. Would have preffered a standalone Rex without raptors climbing all over her.
I think the Chronicle one will be a standalone statue, with the banner falling over Rexy or something similar. Hoping for an SDCC reveal.
Thorondor_33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 03:20 PM   #73
Adam_Warlock
Mephisto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisrex82 View Post
Haha, it's a famous scene, it's not surprising they would do it, Chronicle hasn't previewed anything from theirs yet. "Raptors climbing all over it" in the scene it's one Raptor...
Right, thought there was two raptors on her at one point.
Adam_Warlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 04:20 PM   #74
Steve evans
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam_Warlock View Post
Right, thought there was two raptors on her at one point.
Maybe one's on the floor, rearing up!
Steve evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 05:37 PM   #75
Chrisrex82
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve evans View Post
Maybe one's on the floor, rearing up!
I thought ya'll were super JP fans, haha. one raptor is bitten and killed right away, the other raptor jumps on the rex before being killed.
Chrisrex82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 09:09 PM   #76
Gruson
Suicide Squad

Great scene but would prefer Trex yelling with banner falling in a big scale.
Gruson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 01:20 PM   #77
oddlysober
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I wonder if Prime1 will give collectors an option on displaying Rexy with or without the raptor.
oddlysober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2018, 08:30 PM   #78
Fu_Manchu
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by oddlysober View Post
I wonder if Prime1 will give collectors an option on displaying Rexy with or without the raptor.
I can see it being detachable via magnet for giving you two moments of the scene to display. Thanks god for creating earth magnets.

The rotunda rex at 1:10 it's the end of a loooong road since that tiny winy SS statue. Finally
Fu_Manchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 09:22 PM   #79
Shoo
Hercules

Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2018, 09:27 PM   #80
Chrisrex82
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
So I guess there will be two T Rex statues?
Chrisrex82 is offline   Reply With Quote