Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 07-07-2018, 04:22 AM   #161
Phil the sixth
Nightwing

LOVING this bust.The seams are not too obvious imho.
I can live with it.The only thing I would have done different are the black "lines' (veins?) on top of the crown...overall the paintjob is magnificent except for these nasty black lines.Sometimes less is more!
Phil the sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 08:30 AM   #162
Python
Omega Red

Just had a huge box arrive at my door containing my very first Prime 1 item. Since P1 started making more items I'm interested in, I've started to buy into the hype around the company. And I'm happy to report that said hype is very well deserved! I'v had many collectibles from many different companies, I think this might be the best one I've had yet in terms of quality with only ECC coming close.

So onto the bust. In short, it's beautiful! Anybody who is a fan of ID4 needs to just buy this thing before it's gone. You won't regret it. It is definitely a piece that is difficult to photograph and indeed my pictures will not do it justice. In person it looks alive, you almost expect the hand to move. The translucent resin offers so much to the over all look and feel. The paint on it is of a higher quality than any collectible I've ever owned. It has so much going on and changes depending on the light levels. Even the base which you expect to be a simple grey has a plethora of blues and burnt metal colours in it.

There are only two critiques I can even think of. First, the eyes should definitely have been painted in chrome. They aren't bad in person tbh, they do a job. But considering the effort that clearly went into this bust, the chrome eyes would have been the cherry on top. I'll give mine some soon. And second is those seems which were my biggest worry going in. They are definitely there, and definitely noticeable, but even I as somebody who hates to see them on anything can live with these. I'd rather they weren't there for sure, but they do not ruin the bust.

In short, I intended to box this back up until my games room has been decorated (eventually) But there's no way I'm hiding this away, I've moved some other pieces aside so that this can sit on my PC desk right next to me. Just buy it. We'll likely never see this character made to this standard, for this price ever again. It's a work of art, well done Prime 1.

Definitely NO PEACE.....

Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 09:19 AM   #163
Steve evans
The Spirit

Hi Python, great photos, thanks for sharing. Can I ask where you ordered this from and was the shipping expensive to the UK? I also live in the UK & I'm tempted but don't want all the high extra costs.
Steve evans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2018, 09:53 AM   #164
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve evans View Post
Hi Python, great photos, thanks for sharing. Can I ask where you ordered this from and was the shipping expensive to the UK? I also live in the UK & I'm tempted but don't want all the high extra costs.

Hi Steve, I bought it from Sideshow, shipping was pretty high at $183.61. Then of course you have the 20% duty on top of all of that. It's a bugger, but it's unavoidable. I'm not sure there is a cheaper way to get this unless one comes up on ebay.

That said, they currently have the 10% off and free shipping for US customers (This is now a no brainer for US customers!) You'll not get the free shipping, but you could always try the code to see if the 10% off works. Or ask CS nicely if it doesn't.
Old 07-11-2018, 10:06 AM   #165
Steve evans
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
Hi Steve, I bought it from Sideshow, shipping was pretty high at $183.61. Then of course you have the 20% duty on top of all of that. It's a bugger, but it's unavoidable. I'm not sure there is a cheaper way to get this unless one comes up on ebay.

That said, they currently have the 10% off and free shipping for US customers (This is now a no brainer for them) You'll not get the free shipping, but you could always try the code to see if the 10% off works. Or ask CS nicely if it doesn't.
Thanks, Python, I appreciate the advice. I'll contact them now.
Old 07-11-2018, 10:08 AM   #166
Python
Omega Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve evans View Post
Thanks, Python, I appreciate the advice. I'll contact them now.

No problem! I just did a quick working out. If you can get the 10% discount which I'm sure you could. This will be about £736 to the UK in total (including import duty/vat) To put that into context, CDUK whom seem to be the only UK seller with this are asking for £850. So direct might be the way to go. You could also get a Halifax clarity card to save a few quid on currency conversion fees. Best of luck.
Old 07-11-2018, 11:59 AM   #167
Steve evans
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
No problem! I just did a quick working out. If you can get the 10% discount which I'm sure you could. This will be about £736 to the UK in total (including import duty/vat) To put that into context, CDUK whom seem to be the only UK seller with this are asking for £850. So direct might be the way to go. You could also get a Halifax clarity card to save a few quid on currency conversion fees. Best of luck.
That's excellent Python, thank you.
Old 08-12-2018, 02:50 PM   #168
Python
Omega Red

Prime 1 currently have 25% off of this in their sale which is a little annoying. But good news for those who don't own it yet...

It's less than most current PF's... For an amazing 1:1 bust produced with translucent resin.

https://www.prime1studio.com/id4-alien-lsidr-01.html
Old 08-12-2018, 11:23 PM   #169
Atheris
The Maxx

Finally sold out at SS.

Chris
Atheris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2018, 06:44 AM   #170
67L88Stingray
Doc Savage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atheris View Post
Finally sold out at SS.

Chris
It's not sold out yet, still has waitlist.
67L88Stingray is offline   Reply With Quote