Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 12-10-2016, 02:57 AM   #21
Spideristic
The Thunderbolts

Deadpool 2: Director Tim Miller Talks Leaving the Sequel | Collider

" Addressing the fans, he assured them he always wanted to make the “same kind of movie” as the first,

“I just want to say one thing to the geek audience out there, because it’s important to me what the geeks and nerds of the world think because they are my brothers and sisters. I didn’t want to make some stylized movie that was 3 times the budget. If you read the internet — who cares, really? But for those of you who do, I wanted to make the same kind of movie that we made before because I think that’s the right movie to make for the character. So don’t believe what you read on the internet.”

Miller also cleared up another popular rumor — that he was determined to cast Friday Night Lights star Kyle Chandler as Deadpool’s grizzled frienemy Cable.

“I wanted to do the same thing [as the first movie]. Kyle Chandler was not going to be Cable. All this stuff that I read kind of kills me.”

Miller also fired back against the idea that the first movie was a tough shoot, likely in response to some of Reynolds’ recent comments about having a “very, very difficult” time making the movie and “vaguely scary fights in the post-production process”. In contrast, Miller calls it “the best experience of my life.”

“Even when some people go, “The movie was really hard to make.” The movie was a joy to make. I think you see it on screen. We all had such a good time. We had a few arguments in post, but nothing more than usual. The crew was so great, everybody was going to come back and we were going to have such a good time and the idea that it was a difficult movie…It wasn’t, it was a joy, and it was the best experience of my life.”

Fortunately for Deadpool fans, of which Miller is one, the sequel was quick to find a promising replacement at the helm — John Wick co-director David Leitch. And Miller has nothing but good will for the project and the studio, which is to be expected considering he’s already developing his next project with Fox; an adaptation of the best-selling cyber-thriller Influx. Looking forward, Miller said,

“I wish them nothing but good — I hope it’s great. I hope it’s a great movie. Because I love the character and I think it’s great, and I love all the actors and I want to see them successful again. I haven’t met David, but he’s a great guy from everything I’ve heard. I want nothing but the best for the character. And for Fox, too. They deserve to make more money. They need to make more money [laughs]. They were great. They were terrific.” "
Spideristic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2017, 12:21 PM   #22
marvelboi77
Spider-Woman #1 Fan

http://m.imdb.com/name/nm1032567/?ref=m_nv_sr_3

I could see this guy Pablo Schreiber as Cable.
marvelboi77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 07:19 PM   #23
Philintheblank
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Saw this up...about that time. More of that dp zany. Any trailer with a Firefly reference is good with me.

https://youtu.be/gKR7O5B9qqg
Philintheblank is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 07:31 PM   #24
adee
Green Arrow

Can't wait.
adee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 06:00 PM   #25
jpuli28
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Josh Brolin is Cable?!
jpuli28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 06:16 PM   #26
ParisDean
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Cable is Thanos??

That plot twist beats any I've read in the books!
ParisDean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 06:21 PM   #27
SONICobra
Batman

he has a very distinct voice, might be weird...
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 06:56 PM   #28
Hellboy
Right Hand of Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

He's a solid choice. Doubt you'll see any similarities between the two characters. Thanos doesn't even look like him.
Hellboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2017, 09:30 PM   #29
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Not exactly a tall presence but I can see him as Cable.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2017, 01:07 AM   #30
jedi_don
The Horsemen of Apocalypse

Ugh. I hate Brolin. Jonah Hex, Thanos and now Cable? He's no way as good as his father.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote