Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 11-29-2008, 01:22 AM   #61
doom__1
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I share most of mine, no reason to hide it, I am proud of my grabs and like to show off the great talent that created it.....DOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
doom__1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 01:27 AM   #62
doom__1
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by galactus View Post
Bingo. I can't tell you how many times I've been offered Ron Lim or Giorgio Comolo artwork simply because people see that I like them. And to be honest, because I DO have so much already, people don't try to rip me off since they know I'm not going to do it.

Posting my artwork helps me get the good stuff.
I agree with both your post....I have gotten some good dr doom pages by people e-mailing me and not ripping me off either..............DOOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!
doom__1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 04:04 AM   #63
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Kids, adults, neighbors, friends and family all enjoy my gallery almost as much as I do.. so... I see no reason to keep it secret. I don't quite understand the logic behind that, really.

Puttin' my stuff up on CAF by Friday of next week.. makin' it even more public. If I don't, I'll give Drew my one Silver Surfer page. It's not that large a collection since I'm new to the hobby, but I've covered the artists/series that I wanted to.. so it's just icing on the cake from here on out.

The only way I see making your art publicly known on the internet possibly a "detriment" is if people know you already own quite a lot of a certain series, a certain character by a certain artist, or something similar.. just as much as people might want to continue to feed you pages/commissions because they know they're going to a good home, other dealers and such might be hesitant about "allowing you" to have more pages of a certain series/artist that you already have an abundance of.. so that the hobby is shared as equally between fans as possible.

There's a guy that owns every page from a sequence in Planet Hulk, except for two... and I own those two. He wants them badly, and has even said a few words against me (and I'm not even on CAF yet) because I refuse to sell them to him because I love the series as well...(I emailed him saying I loved that sequence, and that I own the other two pages.. and that unfortunately opened the floodgates.. haha) and they're priceless to me, as far as I'm concerned. He could give me ten times the amount I bought them for per page and I still wouldn't sell them. There's no "entitlement" in this hobby, unfortunately some people seem to think there is.

On a side-note, I'm not saying there's something wrong with it, but I don't understand the mentality of people not framing their art and enjoying it, but rather keeping it in portfolios. Why bother owning pieces if people have to know you own it to enjoy it (ie to get you to take it out for them to see), and if you yourself can't just walk into a room and see the gorgeous piece expertly framed/matted on your wall? I do understand when overflow/money's an issue, and you don't have room/space/money etc. to have all your pieces framed and/or matted, though.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 09:34 AM   #64
Royd
Producer
Producer

Hey Argonus,

I share your points of view although I must admit that I haven't framed many pieces. This is largely due to cost and the feeling that the money I could have spent on framing is better spent on the next piece of original comic art

I wish I could do both! Best,

Royd
http://comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=111
Royd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2008, 12:23 PM   #65
galactus
Cosmic Art Collector
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royd View Post
Hey Argonus,

I share your points of view although I must admit that I haven't framed many pieces. This is largely due to cost and the feeling that the money I could have spent on framing is better spent on the next piece of original comic art

I wish I could do both! Best,

Royd
http://comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=111
galactus is offline   Reply With Quote