Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 11-28-2008, 11:04 AM   #21
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar View Post
You hear about fans like that every so often. Such "me first" attitudes are such a turn off. They likely couldn't give a rat's behind that people travelled great distances for a commission too.
I agree ... and I can't believe he did them all ... most artists will limit commissions or at least put them aside if others request a commission

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 01:44 PM   #22
The Batfan
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeGiant View Post
I agree ... and I can't believe he did them all ... most artists will limit commissions or at least put them aside if others request a commission
well I was lucky to ask him for my piece before the show got started, sadly the show was slow and his rate was not extreme but with not what I can see everyone dropping for a commission with the economy the way it is UGH the economy killed my show LOL

But I am pretty sure the guy was a dealer or something who will throw them up on ebay I am sure to make a profit.

I have to send jimmy a scan of the bats he wants to put it in his next sketchbook

also any statueforum members who want to come to the next show let me know you are my guest we are working on guest list now soo never know who we can get to show up.
The Batfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2008, 01:45 PM   #23
JadeGiant
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Batfan View Post
well I was lucky to ask him for my piece before the show got started, sadly the show was slow and his rate was not extreme but with not what I can see everyone dropping for a commission with economy the way it is UGH economy killed my show LOL

But I am pretty sure the guy was a dealer or something who will throw them up on ebay I am sure to make a profit.

I have to send jimmy a scan of the bats he wants to put it in his next sketchbook
sorry to hear the show was not what you hoped for ... I think there is a lot of that lately with the economy.

When is your next show? Would you be willing to hook up a fellow forum member with a sketch or two?

CAF
Old 11-28-2008, 01:55 PM   #24
The Batfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JadeGiant View Post
sorry to hear the show was not what you hoped for ... I think there is a lot of that lately with the economy.

When is your next show? Would you be willing to hook up a fellow forum member with a sketch or two?
yeah the economy is killing shows right now. Sure the next show is in june 5-7 we are workin on a guest list so now sure what artists we will have yet but as it gets closer I will keep the board SF updated and have no probs gettin commissions for you guys.

JG dont know if you have met Herb yet but he is a great guy saw him doin lots of green boy sketches LOL
Old 11-28-2008, 02:00 PM   #25
JadeGiant
Super Moderator

Quote:
yeah the economy is killing shows right now. Sure the next show is in june 5-7 we are workin on a guest list so now sure what artists we will have yet but as it gets closer I will keep the board SF updated and have no probs gettin commissions for you guys.

JG dont know if you have met Herb yet but he is a great guy saw him doin lots of green boy sketches LOL
Thanks bf - I really appreciate that! I would check out the con myself if it were closer.

I have had the pleasure of meeting Herb a few times as he usually does the mid Ohio con every year. I have a few pics with him and picked up a sketch last year. He didn't make this year's show - not sure if it is because they changed the date but I am hoping he comes back again. He is a true gentleman and a blast to hang out with (his wife is a gem as well). I will get something else from Herb at some point ... hoping I can meet him to do so

CAF
Old 11-28-2008, 02:04 PM   #26
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Quote:

some guy actually had Jim BUSY at the show he got 10 commissions from him so I was lucky to get out of him LOL There was an AWESOME Thor he did I am sure the guy got them to put on ebay but I did not pay attention.
Did Jim finish all 10? When he was at ECCC this year he didn't get that many done because his work is so detailed.

Also please keep us posted on your future shows. I'd love to get this kind of access to Jim Cheung and other artists.
Old 11-28-2008, 02:13 PM   #27
The Batfan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MONSTER View Post
Did Jim finish all 10? When he was at ECCC this year he didn't get that many done because his work is so detailed.

Also please keep us posted on your future shows. I'd love to get this kind of access to Jim Cheung and other artists.
I saw I think 4 or 5 of them done besides mine when I was walking by, He was bent over drawing every time I walked by.

and you guys have the inside track to artists at my shows
Old 11-28-2008, 02:17 PM   #28
JadeGiant
Super Moderator

Quote:
I saw I think 4 or 5 of them done besides mine when I was walking by, He was bent over drawing every time I walked by.

queue me up at the top of the list

CAF
Old 11-28-2008, 02:23 PM   #29
MONSTER
Modzilla
Super Moderator

Quote:

That is too kind and I definitely want to take you up on that offer.
Old 11-28-2008, 03:11 PM   #30
joefixit2
Baron Zemo

Cool, I would love to have access to Jimm Cheung. I have e-mailed him and he doesn't do many commissions and I have missed out on the Hulk covers he did.
joefixit2 is offline   Reply With Quote