XM Studios

StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 08-17-2017, 11:39 PM   #6521
OrangeCrush
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilky View Post
Sideshow prints will continue to sell out because most buyers are uneducated in terms of knowing the value of prints. There are much bigger-named artists, of all types, who sell their prints for much less. Don't get me started on the frames.

I'm still amazed how much they're getting for these prints, even with signatures. I'm more amazed by how many are so eager to overspend to this degree, but it's their money. SS is making a massive killing, profit-wise, on these things, but they're not forcing anyone to buy them.
Of course they will continue to sell out as the edition sizes are 1/4 to 1/2 what they used to be and its clearly been demonstrated over the last 12+ months that there are enough collectors out there that dont care about the signature issue to support edition sizes in the 200-350 range for most prints.

Again, the real question at this point is can the print line recover and get back to the popularity it had before signature gate first hit and again I believe it can if Sideshow switches over to signed prints for most of thier releases. If they don't and they continue issueing a lot of automated signature prints then edition sizes will likely stay in the 200-350 range for most prints.
OrangeCrush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:34 AM   #6522
jedi_don
SF Reviewer
SF Reviewer

I would be surprised if all prints were hand signed in the future. The recent prints were signatures seemed to have been signed at San Diego Comic Con since the artists like Olivia and Adam Hughes also attended. Not sure if Sideshow will ship prints to artists to get signed. If the artists live in Southern California it wouldn't be hard them to send an employee to hand deliver and pick the. up.
jedi_don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 08:34 AM   #6523
BMW///M3
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
I would be surprised if all prints were hand signed in the future. The recent prints were signatures seemed to have been signed at San Diego Comic Con since the artists like Olivia and Adam Hughes also attended. Not sure if Sideshow will ship prints to artists to get signed. If the artists live in Southern California it wouldn't be hard them to send an employee to hand deliver and pick the. up.
well the artist are profiting from the sales of these prints. So in my opinion they go to SS to sign the prints
BMW///M3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 09:03 AM   #6524
BlackestNight
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedi_don View Post
It's not so far fetch, look how many comic book pencilers work with inkers across the country on monthly comics. I know DC have the artist send the actual penciled pages to the inker overnight FedEx.

And that's hundreds of pages of original one off art on a very tight schedule being physically shipped monthly. Shipping prints would be a breeze in comparison. Look at what happen to the cover of Metal #2 last month, a poor JR JR original lost forever. I'm sure Richard would have love to have JR JR hit "Print" when it was lost, no such luck.
BlackestNight is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:50 AM   #6525
BurningRage
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

SS could get some artists at NYCC to sign prints too.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote