Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Old 11-06-2018, 04:41 AM   #4121
Kotobukiya_EN
Koto CS
Producer

Hi guys!! Happy November! Sorry for an even longer period of absence from the forums than last time. Holiday season is coming up, and we are all working like elves in Santa's factory, cranking out new products, thinking of new exclusive items for next year, etc.

Be on the look out for our new releases and re-releases in 2019!

Before I get into answering some questions from this thread, I had one question I received a lot on both Facebook and on these forums: So what's up with that bloody Ash Williams that is being offered as a Hot Topic exclusive AND at Tokyo Comic Con??

When we offer [insert store here] Exclusive Item in one country, we make sure that the aforementioned store is the only one that has the rights to sell the product in the country it is located in. So, we made a LOT of Ash Williams Groovy Ver. for Tokyo Comic Con, but we also talked to Hot Topic for the past few months to release an exclusive item in their stores, and they were interested in purchasing a few of our Groovy Ver. Hot Topic is, and will be, the only store that will offer this bloody version of Ash Williams BISHOUJO in all of North America due to the agreement we came to.

Now onto questions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jal4u2c View Post
Also please continue the Batman Animated Series line too! Would love to see Catwoman, Poison Ivy, Zatanna, Mr Freeze, Robin, Two-Face, Penguin.... I could go on and on. Also, after reading your reply, please put the Captain Marvel Bishoujo back on the roster. Some 1/6 scale versions of the Star Wars ArtFx+ line would be nice too. Emperor Palpatine on Throne would be awesome in 1/6. Or a well sculpted Princess Leia.
So, after my last post, I talked with bosses from other departments, and we finally decided that I will share what comments I receive the most from western fans (what products are most asked for, what figures were most popular, etc) with everybody in our company! So please keep giving me ideas, and giving each other feedback!

Captain Marvel is still put on the backburner, but isn't canceled! And Animated Series has been overall very strong, so I expect to see more soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunnipot85 View Post
Thanks for the response, Gyoza It's unfortunate the (IKEMEN) line isn't selling as well, but here are some suggestions for series/characters that would fit perfectly.

Marvel Series:
- Gambit (probably the most ideal character for this line... would be awesome if there was a new Rogue Bishoujo as well)
- Angel
- Cyclops
- Thor
- Captain America
- Winter Soldier
- Hawkeye
- Namor
- Iron Man

DC:
- Superboy
- Aquaman
- Superman

And SF would be great to match the Bishoujos as well:
- Cody
- Vega
- Ryu
- Ken
- Fei long
- Guile

Also - one new question... What are the chances we will see ArtFX Aquaman statues from the film? (Like the Gal Gadot Wonder Woman released) I would love to see your sculptors tackle Mera (Amber Heard) and Aquaman (Jason Momoa)
Thanks for your suggestion on IKEMEN! I honestly don't get too much feedback on it from you guys on social media, so I love getting any responses so I can forward them to the person in charge! We may or may not be planning new additions to the IKEMEN line though, so please show us support in 2019!

I know that Aquaman is not super popular here in Japan compared to the west, so I'm not sure if they are thinking about it right now... I will be sure to ask the Global Contents team!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Griffon View Post
Please continue the DC ARTFX line with Aquaman & Martian Manhunter (completing the original Justice League)!

Would personally buy DC Bishoujo Mera, Hawkgirl, Vixen, Star Sapphire, Killer Frost, Circe. A newly sculpted Poison Ivy would be great.

Please produce & release Capt. Marvel Bishoujo. Reckon it'll sell well since Carol's solo MCU film is out next year along with Avengers 4. Marvel bishoujos i'd purchase would be Gamora, Rescue (Pepper Potts from Iron Man), Mary Jane, Hela, Silk, V2 Black Cat.

More animated X-Men '92 & Batman ARTFX+ plus 1/10 scale Cheetah & Darkseid would be appreciated. Looking forward to seeing the GI Joe Bishoujo prototypes!
I can't say which, but there is something in the list that is currently in the works!

I still haven't seen the GI Joe prototypes yet either, but boy am I super happy that we are adding more to our Bishoujo line, because I personally am a fan of the Bishoujo statues as well!

Quote:
Originally Posted by elvirawynter View Post
So just to clarify, is this statue not happening in 2020 as per the official statement back in June?

Update on Captain Marvel via Koto US site
Just to clarify, that statement still stands, I believe. But we haven't specifically talked about it just yet (so I am in the dark about this right now too...) But I will let you all know when I find out more about this topic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnicornPegasus View Post
My bishoujo wishlist is:

Marvel:
SPIRAL!!!
Current Style Jubilee (Oh, you know she's still gonna be on this list.)
Jessica Jones
Deathbird
Magik/Illyana Rasputin
Lilandra

DC:
Big Barda

Video Games:
The Witcher: Yennefer
The Witcher: Tris
The Witcher: Ciri
Borderlands: Mad Moxxi
Borderlands: Athena
Borderlands: Maya
Borderlands Lilith
Darkstalkers: Morrigan
Capcom: Crimson Viper
Horizon Zero Dawn: Aloy
Halo: Cortana

I'm hoping we get all of those some day.

Thank you for answering questions!
Phew! So many good ideas! I can't quite say we are working on any of these right now, but I know we are currently trying harder as a company to expand our line of videogame statues and figures!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mortadela View Post
Are there any plans to expand the Resident Evil line beyond Leon and Chris?
Sadly, not that I know of at the moment...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey View Post

is the My Hero Academia ArtFX-J line going to have a deluxe version, like with the Edward Elric figure?
And once again, sadly not... BUT, we are still planning if we should include pre-order bonus item internationally, or keep it Japan exclusive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monsterzilla View Post
Any plans for cowboy bebop's crew beside spike?
Not at the moment, but Spike sold really well overseas, so I don't see why not!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Knight. View Post
Thanks for answering all of our questions, Gyoza. Are there any plans for more ArtFX+ figures from the CW shows and maybe the Titans live action?
There is nothing I can say about this right now, so possibly talks up in the planning departments, but nothing that I know of at the moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joelyface View Post
So great to hear Koto is listening to what fans have to say. I'm a huge X-men fan, and have bought all the upcoming X-men 92 ArtFX line (which is amazing so far). Have to echo what others are saying that we would really love a Jean Grey in the style of the animated series, which to my knowledge has never been made (with ponytail design). Part of what makes this great, is growing up in the 90s many characters were neglected from toy lines, Jubilee and Jean Grey being a few. It feels nice 25 years later to have that remedied. Opting for the phoenix version felt like a toybiz cop-out, as that was the only Jean they were ever forced to make. Would love to see more characters down the road, like villains from the series, Magneto, Juggernaut, Apocalypse, Mystique etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rjszar View Post
Just want to throw in my support for the X-Men 92 line. This was such a dream come true for those of us who loved the animated series. It was great to hear that the line would have legs. When deciding where to spend ones money, you want to hear stuff like that. No one wants to get involved in the one and done scenario. To hear that nothing new was in the works was extremely disappointing. One can only speculate that sales weren't what was expected. That might be due to price, or perhaps as many have argued, the statues lack detail. In regards to the first point, people always find it hard to let go of their hard earned money. Maybe they are a tad high. In regards to the second point, people obviously don't understand this line. They are perfect cartoon representations, exactly what they are billed as. Nothing else like these exist. This line must continue. We need Jean. We need villains.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter Ego View Post
Thanks for answering all of our questions, Koto! Like many others, I'm anxious to see the X-men 92 line continue beyond Rogue and Gambit. Would love to see several villains and fan favorite X-men like Colossus, Psylocke, Nightcrawler, Archangel and Iceman. Every character you make I WILL BUY!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Storm Lover View Post
I would also love to see Magneto, Juggernaut, Sabretooth and Apocalypses.
Thanks for all of your support for the X-Men '92 line! I know that my boss who only really goes to America for events was veeery surprised with the popularity of X-Men overseas (especially at New York Comic Con this past month)! In Japan, it isn't nearly as popular, so the number we sold was exponentially lower than those we sold overseas. So, don't be surprised if we keep adding more to our X-Men line in the future!

===

Alright! That's it for today! Thanks for being so patient with us!

P.S. I was planning on replying to your posts on Halloween, so I drew a picture of our Bishoujo Pinkie Pie, but... I got really busy and never ended up posting it. So please, have this photo. Happy late Halloween!

- Gyoza

Official HP: http://en.kotobukiya.co.jp /
Facebook: https://www.facebook .com/kotobukiyaofficial/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/kotobukiya_en
My Figure Collection: https:// myfigurecollection.net/profile/Kotobukiya

Last edited by Kotobukiya_EN; 12-07-2018 at 05:17 AM. Reason: added name, edited out one part of message
Kotobukiya_EN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2018, 10:11 PM   #4122
Alter Ego
Fantastic Four

Thanks for answering all of our questions. And very happy to hear the X-men 92 series will continue. Would you also consider making heroes and villains from the Spider-Man animated series from 92? These sets would work so well together.
Alter Ego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 06:58 PM   #4123
BurningRage
Inhumans

Any chance of a Pinhead or Michael Myers ArtFX to go with Freddy and Jason?
BurningRage is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2018, 07:31 PM   #4124
qz33
Rescue

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotobukiya_EN View Post

- Gyoza [/COLOR]
Nice pic
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2018, 10:45 PM   #4125
maoa96
Doh!

thx fo all the answers, glad to have someone from koto answering questions again.

are you planning on expanding more the star wars ARTFX+ line, with characters like count dooku?
maoa96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 12:02 PM   #4126
chunkster702
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Are you going to have a 2nd release of 1/6 Gal Gadot Wonder Woman?

Can you tell us what Bishoujos are getting 2nd releases?

I'm looking to get She Hulk, Spiderwoman and 1st Chun Li.
chunkster702 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2018, 02:31 PM   #4127
Tushar
Hellboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kotobukiya_EN View Post
[So, don't be surprised if we keep adding more to our X-Men line in the future!
We're gonna hold you to that

Thanks for responding, though.

PS - How is it that your doodle is better than the final art in most modern comics?!
Tushar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 12:27 AM   #4128
Kotobukiya_EN
Koto CS
Producer

Hi all! This is Gyoza signing in again.

Hope you guys have had a good November!

Sorry for yet another few weeks or so of silence... Once the holiday season is over, we will hopefully to be able to start making Statue Forum replies a weekly thing.

That having been said, we appreciate all of your comments and responses! I am copying some of the most requested products to bring up to the rest of our team at the end of the month. Fingers crossed!

Let's get started with the roundup of replies!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alter Ego View Post
Would you also consider making heroes and villains from the Spider-Man animated series from 92? These sets would work so well together.
We were very happy with the amount of fans who have come up to us at events to talk to us about our X-Men '92 figures, so I know we will be making more original comic book and older animated series figures later on down the line. Keep a look out for what is coming up next!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurningRage View Post
Any chance of a Pinhead or Michael Myers ArtFX to go with Freddy and Jason?
Hi BurningRage! Good question, but at the moment, we do not currently have anything planned down the line. That doesn't mean it isn't going to ever happen, but it isn't coming anytime soon for sure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maoa96 View Post
are you planning on expanding more the star wars ARTFX+ line, with characters like count dooku?
Hi! Short answer: yes to more ARTFX+ Star Wars! I am sadly not able to talk about what characters just yet, but be sure to keep your eyes peeled for 2019!

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkster702 View Post
Are you going to have a 2nd release of 1/6 Gal Gadot Wonder Woman?

Can you tell us what Bishoujos are getting 2nd releases?

I'm looking to get She Hulk, Spiderwoman and 1st Chun Li.
I can't talk about what products will be getting 2nd release for any oft he products mentioned above just yet, but I can tell you that 2019 and 2020 are looking to be pretty good for new Bishoujo collectors! We don't plan on doing 2nd releases for all products, but some highly anticipated 2nd releases are coming up (not just in the Bishoujo realm either).

That looks like it's about it in terms of questions! Thanks so much for your comments on my doodle too, haha.

I have a few question for you guys:

1. What products would you like to see come back revamped as a 2nd edition? (Thanks to those who have responded already!)

2. What is your favorite line of products from Kotobukiya? ARTFX+? Fine Arts? Bishoujo? Ikemen? Etc. Why is it your favorite? (price, quality, poses, etc)

I want to use the answers I get from the above questions to relay to our planning department in the future, so any insight is appreciated!

-Gyoza

Official HP: http://en.kotobukiya.co.jp /
Facebook: https://www.facebook .com/kotobukiyaofficial/
Twitter: https://twitter.com/kotobukiya_en
My Figure Collection: https:// myfigurecollection.net/profile/Kotobukiya

Last edited by Kotobukiya_EN; 11-27-2018 at 02:47 AM.
Kotobukiya_EN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 01:08 AM   #4129
jal4u2c
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

So in answer to your questions, first Marvel Bishoujo for 2nd editions:
Rogue, Ms Marvel and Mystique. DC Bishoujo for 2nd editions: Poison Ivy and Wonder Woman Armored. A 2nd edition of ArtFx+ Darth Maul would be nice.
My favorite line would be Bishoujo followed by ArtFx/ArtFx+. As for the why, Bishoujo is kind of obvious. I like main characters in the ArtFx larger size and ArtFx+ for the side characters at a more reasonable price.
And just as an additional piece of info, my favorite themes are Bishoujo- all, Star Wars, Batman TAS, Marvel, DC. The upcoming GiJoe line looks promising as well.
jal4u2c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 03:09 PM   #4130
chunkster702
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

1. What products would you like to see come back revamped as a 2nd edition? (Thanks to those who have responded already!)

Bishoujos for 2nd edition, POISON IVY and 1st Harley Quinn,, Jean Grey, Mystique, Storm, Psylocke, Batwoman.

2. What is your favorite line of products from Kotobukiya? ARTFX+? Fine Arts? Bishoujo? Ikemen? Etc. Why is it your favorite? (price, quality, poses, etc)

Bishoujo is the best for pretty female characters, size 1/7 and the stylish poses. I'm also anticipating GI Joes Bishoujos hoping Lady Jaye has her cartoon look if its not too late.
chunkster702 is offline   Reply With Quote