Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 07-30-2014, 09:24 PM   #491
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
By the way everyone who is interested in this statue....look what all your input and critiques have resulted in what I think is the final pictures of Magneto (unhelmeted at least) before it goes up for pre-order.

BAMN!!!!!!

This will be mine !!!!!!

Now the wait to see which store puts it up for pre-order first.....
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 10:03 PM   #492
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DynamicMenace View Post
well your measurements for Cap are way off there stony.
according to Marvel.com he is listed as 6'2" tall.

http://marvel.com/characters/8/captain_america

well pretty much the same thing WB. its porcelain powder mixed with resin rather than marble powder.
According to the Marvel handbook (the grail of Marvel info...this is what I go by) Captain America is 6'5". So I am right going by the Marvel Handbook. Cap is a big boy is only 1" shorter than Thor. Thor is listed as 6'6" 640lbs. Cap is listed as......well I'll be goshdamned...that son of a bish is indeed listed as 6'2" 240lbs. ON that website you have it has him listed as 220lbs. Could it be they adjusted his dimensions over the years like Marvel always seems to do (a la Hulk). I feel like an idiot.

Why the hell was I thinking he was bigger???? WTF????

Learn something every day...I swear I do.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 08:29 AM   #493
acme1982
U talkin' to me?

I can`t wait for PO.
acme1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 10:00 AM   #494
shorudan
XM Studios
Producer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luminous View Post
Perhaps you missed his point, but he isn't complaining about a large ES. Actually, I don't think he's complaining at all. He merely pointed out that if XM claimed their collectibles edition sizes would not be larger than 500 why is this one going beyond that?

I don't know what XM said, but if that is true then I would find the increase in ES for this statue a little alarming as well. You begin to bend your own rules and it can set a precedent.
Hey guys, I've also posted a comment on http://www.statueforum.com/showthrea...=145797&page=6 regarding ES. For the record, we have never claimed that we would only do 500 ES for all our statues. I guess this is a general assumption based on the first 4 statues and you know how things like these happen - it becomes a rumor and a rumor becomes the truth etc. 1 thing for sure though, we will never go beyond 999. Our promise to our collectors is to maintain low ES, high quality, designed by cool peeps, factor in inputs from communities - all to keep your investments proud and rare! I apologize on behalf of XM Studios if we gave the wrong impression we will stick to 500 ES for every statue. I hope this clarifies!
shorudan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 07:30 PM   #495
Bobfrog
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shorudan View Post
Hey guys, I've also posted a comment on http://www.statueforum.com/showthrea...=145797&page=6 regarding ES. For the record, we have never claimed that we would only do 500 ES for all our statues. I guess this is a general assumption based on the first 4 statues and you know how things like these happen - it becomes a rumor and a rumor becomes the truth etc. 1 thing for sure though, we will never go beyond 999. Our promise to our collectors is to maintain low ES, high quality, designed by cool peeps, factor in inputs from communities - all to keep your investments proud and rare! I apologize on behalf of XM Studios if we gave the wrong impression we will stick to 500 ES for every statue. I hope this clarifies!
no need for apologies Brian. Like you said you guys never claimed 500 was the ES limit, it's just assumptions being made.

All people need to do is read the ask XM thread, everything's in there on the matter.
Bobfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 09:09 PM   #496
DynamicMenace
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
According to the Marvel handbook (the grail of Marvel info...this is what I go by) Captain America is 6'5". So I am right going by the Marvel Handbook. Cap is a big boy is only 1" shorter than Thor. Thor is listed as 6'6" 640lbs. Cap is listed as......well I'll be goshdamned...that son of a bish is indeed listed as 6'2" 240lbs. ON that website you have it has him listed as 220lbs. Could it be they adjusted his dimensions over the years like Marvel always seems to do (a la Hulk). I feel like an idiot.

Why the hell was I thinking he was bigger???? WTF????

Learn something every day...I swear I do.
hahahhaha. yeah Cap has never been that Big. Thor yes. but not Cap.

DynamicMenace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 09:29 PM   #497
risingstar
Jedi Order

Black Widow and Magneto look awesome.
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2014, 09:56 PM   #498
Rainy
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

when this will be up for preorder?
Rainy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 05:29 AM   #499
KayOrzz
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainy View Post
when this will be up for preorder?
SOON, very very soon
KayOrzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2014, 05:54 AM   #500
GrumpyBear