Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 03-17-2017, 12:05 AM   #221
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AC_808 View Post
Blasphemy!! XM, did you read this?!

I'm telling on you, Loric.....
I'm not lambasting the sculpt or anything...just the character. It's Mary Jane....oooohhhh whoopdeedoo...a regular redhead.

I'd rather buy Red Sonja from SS. Or one of XM's own original IP characters...like Red!
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 11:13 AM   #222
Bernie21
Sailor Moon

If someone is interested in purchasing this. How does one go about it since they don't sell to the US? Sorry I'm still new to this and I'm not familiar w how to get the imports like this figure. Thank you.
Bernie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 02:54 PM   #223
Demona
Martian Manhunter

After my comment/suggestion, XM is going to see if they can execute MJ's signature freckles.

That might help elevate her face from the standard.
Demona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 12:16 PM   #224
StatueArt
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

PO!!!!!!
StatueArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 12:20 PM   #225
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

XM Studios News

"Face it, tiger… you just hit the jackpot!”

XM Studios is excited to present our next Marvel Premium Collectibles series statue, Mary Jane & Spider-Man! The spectacular swinging lovebirds are immortalized in amazingly detailed 1:4 scale cold-cast porcelain. Each painstakingly handcrafted statue is individually hand-painted with the highest possible quality finish. Spidey isn't just all about action; we love him because despite his daily struggles and life pressure, Spidey remains the good guy with great humor. And any Spidey fan knows Peter Parker isn't complete without Mary Jane Watson! The low ES of 388 features not one, but two iconic comics characters swinging away from the daily bugle, in an unique perspective sculpt that emphasizes the depth yet keeping the piece space-friendly.

Mary Jane loved her visits with her Aunt Anna Watson, though one downside was that Anna and her neighbor May Parker were always trying to get Mary Jane together with May's nephew, Peter. Mary Jane was thirteen when she first laid eyes on Peter, aged fourteen. Peter had just started high school, and through her window Mary Jane saw a serious-looking bookworm - kind of cute, in a nerdy sort of way. Their respective aunts were alwasy keen to arrange dates between the Peter and Mary, eventually succeeding many years later. Peter, expecting a dowdy girl, was stunned by Mary Jane's beauty and exuberant charm. Mary Jane remembered a bookish, bespectacled nerd, and never imagined the confident young college student Peter had become. With the death of Gwen Stacy and Norman Osborn, Mary Jane's friendship with Peter remained true, and she comforted him through his loss. Over time, Peter began to realise that there was more to Mary Jane than the "party girl" persona she affected. Following a battle between Spider-Man and the Puma, Mary-Jane revealed to Peter that she knew that he was Spider-Man. Since his mask was now gone, she removed hers, and told Peter about the other side of Mary Jane, and her own difficult past. In their shared honesty, the two realised how close they had become in their lives. A few months later, Peter proposed once more, and was accepted. Mary Jane Watson was the guiding light in Peter Parker's life, and their love had overcome countless obstacles.

XM Studios Facebook --- XM Studios Europe Facebook

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 12:30 PM   #226
Remember Me?
Hellfire Club

Pass!
Remember Me? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 01:52 AM   #227
StatueArt
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Frankly speaking, this is a very unique piece. When you view at special angle it give you a 3D pop up feel. last year STGCC demonstrated that
StatueArt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2017, 09:11 AM   #228
davide87ita
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

I was thinking that would be bigger and heavier than this

From XM official website:

"Product size : 60 cm H X 34 cm L X 46 cm B

Est. Box Size : 70 cm H X 44 cm L X 56 cm B

Est. Product Weight : 13 kg

Est. shipping weight : 23 kg"
davide87ita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 08:54 PM   #229
Bernie21
Sailor Moon

I think people are underating this piece. I've been between the XM & IS Spidermans and I keep coming back to this one. Maybe I'm wrong, but I doubt anyone will be disappointed w the difference in style from the two action styles of XMs and IS.
Bernie21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 09:05 PM   #230
Sharkey
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Why not both? They are both great sculpts and ideas. (and fff the IS Spidey's suit is the best textured suit I've ever seen on a Spidey and I've seen almost all of them.
Sharkey is offline   Reply With Quote