Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 03-16-2017, 05:04 PM   #741
Gecktechs
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post
The only thing that sticks out like a sore thumb is that crapping on the toilet posed Venom. In fact, that SS Cap IMO doesn't work well with either of the other two statues. JMO.

Different strokes for different folks.
Lmfaoooooo it does look like Venom is taking a dump 😂😂😂 Never noticed that haha. I love that Venom tho, to each his own man, I love my collection 😊😁
Gecktechs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 10:05 PM   #742
omarfallaha
Fantastic Four

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UASiXoFQKI

I just reviewed mine, great piece enjoy guys oh also GIVEAWAY!
omarfallaha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 10:29 PM   #743
Vince_be
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by omarfallaha View Post
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_UASiXoFQKI

I just reviewed mine, great piece enjoy guys oh also GIVEAWAY!
Great review, some relevant points! Congrats for this beautiful piece
Vince_be is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 08:57 PM   #744
risingstar
Jedi Order

Hey Gang!! Please give a huge welcome to Ginaxbyte. She just joined StatueForum's team of reviewers. She's a huge fan of the hobby. We're thrilled to have her join the team!!!

http://www.statueforum.com/showthrea...22#post5413422
risingstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 09:46 PM   #745
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

Hot dog this Cap is insane. XM killed this one. I could care less about the shield material being light or plastic- I'm sure the paint makes it looks great. Plus it's a statue and the shield is idle. This is a must have. I thought Vulture and Blackbolt were the best IMO. This takes the cake. Grats to all that have him, I'm joining you soon.
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 10:43 AM   #746
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I agree, that dude's review started off well but then you can tell he was reaching deep for stuff to criticize..even going so far as trying to justify those nitpicks by saying he's harder on XM. lol, gimme a break. He called out absolutely no shading on the pants; however, he professes his love more for the Sideshow PF which is integrated with a full set of mixed media pants, which in turn, has no shading. The shading of the SoL piece is there, it's just very, very subtle. Someone should tell him to use a flashlight next time. Too much shading to those pants and they end up looking like the the shirt of the Darkseid PF.

The shield he called out is fine. It's definitely not plastic or vinyl or whatever cheap material he thinks it's made out of. It's just hollowed out resin, making it lighter in weight. Still extremely well done. Lack of texture is another thing he mentioned, which is always nice to see on a piece, but the pants don't need it and still look great without it, and I'm more than satisfied with seeing sculpted-in sewing lines to rep that he's actually wearing pants instead of just having blue skin (similar to what you'd see on a Bowen piece).

If I could nitpick or change one thing about this piece it would be to remove the laces from the very top of his boots. I've always felt that they never needed to be there.
AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 04:45 PM   #747
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
In fairness to the reviewer he did say they were his opinions...so...I respect that. But I agree with both what you and Ryan mentioned. Especially on the pants...i never knew Captain A in the comics to have textured pants. I've always envisioned them as smooth flexible spandex like material.
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 06:42 AM   #748
Buzzie
A closed mouth gathers no foot.

Arrived in germany... love it!!

Buzzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 12:21 PM   #749
punisher2000
I was trying to daydream, but my mind kept wandering.

hey bastian... du hast den modernen schild bei dem klassischen kopf verwendet... das geht doch nicht ;-)
aber wie du sagst "GUT" ,dass der captain auch bei uns in deutschland "wieder" unterwegs ist.
punisher2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2017, 04:05 AM   #750
omarfallaha
Fantastic Four

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizAbef View Post
I agree, that dude's review started off well but then you can tell he was reaching deep for stuff to criticize..even going so far as trying to justify those nitpicks by saying he's harder on XM. lol, gimme a break. He called out absolutely no shading on the pants; however, he professes his love more for the Sideshow PF which is integrated with a full set of mixed media pants, which in turn, has no shading. The shading of the SoL piece is there, it's just very, very subtle. Someone should tell him to use a flashlight next time. Too much shading to those pants and they end up looking like the the shirt of the Darkseid PF.

The shield he called out is fine. It's definitely not plastic or vinyl or whatever cheap material he thinks it's made out of. It's just hollowed out resin, making it lighter in weight. Still extremely well done. Lack of texture is another thing he mentioned, which is always nice to see on a piece, but the pants don't need it and still look great without it, and I'm more than satisfied with seeing sculpted-in sewing lines to rep that he's actually wearing pants instead of just having blue skin (similar to what you'd see on a Bowen piece).

If I could nitpick or change one thing about this piece it would be to remove the laces from the very top of his boots. I've always felt that they never needed to be there.
Seems like you're just trying to defend your piece. The SS PF is a superior piece, a lot of people that own both agreed with me, don't be so angry lolll SS PF has actual pants, the point of shading and texture is to replicate realism, if you literally have physical pants, why do you need to shade? Also, I wasn't nitpicking at all, actually there's a clear difference in shading on the upper part of the body and the lower part. Also if you are heavy shading the boots and the gloves, why not shade the rest the same way?? As for the shield weight, I did say it was something I don't like.. "I" don't like, lol if you don't like what I like/dislike don't watch. Anyway that's all I have to say about your comment, whether you agree or not, is up to you, but you don't have to be a dick about it. I own that piece just like you do and have the right to voice my opinion like you, I like my parts being heavy and my pieces well shaded jeez.. it's like I have to say only positive things about your statue or you'll get pissed lol grow up.
omarfallaha is offline   Reply With Quote