Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 05-07-2024, 05:21 PM   #601
IronLungs31
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

#40/599

Another piece welcomed into the collection...

IronLungs31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2024, 05:47 PM   #602
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronLungs31 View Post
Another piece welcomed into the collection...
Nice! Did it include the "plugs" for the tendrils?
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2024, 08:07 PM   #603
Ryanbusts
Luke Cage

This piece looks soo sick. Despite some negative feedback. I think this piece is an absolute stunner. Can’t wait for mine.

I plan to display beside my Iron Studios Spidey

What are your thoughts AquaLung?
Ryanbusts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2024, 01:14 PM   #604
IronLungs31
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedDog View Post
Nice! Did it include the "plugs" for the tendrils?
No, and I haven't heard a word if XM will really be shipping out the missing plugs that we were promised. I would take them but I have no plans to display this piece without all the tendrils attached, so it doesn't matter to me if XM sends them in the end.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryanbusts View Post
This piece looks soo sick. Despite some negative feedback. I think this piece is an absolute stunner. Can?t wait for mine.

I plan to display beside my Iron Studios Spidey

What are your thoughts AquaLung?
Aqua? LOL, okay.

If I like a piece for my collection it really doesn't matter to me the negative feedback the hobby may or may not be handing out. The one good thing about this statue is although it's big. It's not as heavy as you would think, but it isn't lite either. I didn't have the same issue that Art Statue Collector had when installing the peg foot ( you still have to be patient when installing) and the other foot being close to the stone and scratching it all up. All lined up perfectly for me. I will post a pic a little later of what I'm talking about and then if you'd like to go back and look at the placement of the foot from Art's video review. I did have a problem with the 2nd largest tendril not sitting flush once I installed, but it was close enough and being located in the back it's really not that big of a deal.

For me there is no regrets about adding this piece to my collection. I wish XM would have made the saliva translucent green or just translucent, but that's my only nit pick of the piece if you're asking me.
Old 05-08-2024, 05:21 PM   #605
XIIIWARRIOR
Sinister Six

Finally received a notice. One more week.
XIIIWARRIOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2024, 09:54 PM   #606
glindsay
Frackin!

So I finally received my piece. Nice to see everyone enjoying their purchases. I did not receive the additional plugs, but have been told I should be receiving them late this summer. I must say that this being my first XM piece I am still on the fence as to whether I would purchase another. As with others, Venoms left foot is extremely tight and the body does not line up (left hand with nail indentations, and right foot and left knee). I also have the large tendril in the rear not fitting in the slot completely.

The piece itself is immense. I had a pedestal ready for it, but since the plugs did not come with the statue the space will not hold it currently. I am extremely pleased with the portraits, although the transition portrait has the same white line on the lip that a few others have.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	VA!.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	434.2 KB
ID:	170399   Click image for larger version

Name:	VA6.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	273.6 KB
ID:	170400   Click image for larger version

Name:	VA2.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	400.1 KB
ID:	170401  
glindsay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2024, 01:06 AM   #607
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

XM Studios News

- Venom Arise 1/4 Update! -

We're thrilled to announce that the Venom Arise 1/4 statues are currently undergoing QC checks and are gearing up for shipment! Your patience has been greatly appreciated, and we can't wait to see these stunning pieces in your collections soon.

For collectors who have previously received your Venom Arise, the stone switchouts will also be released in this batch of shipments. Keep an eye on your inbox for shipping updates.

XM Studios Facebook

GHeroes EU Master Distributor Facebook

GrumpyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2024, 11:56 AM   #608
IronLungs31

This seems to be a little backwards. Venom is now in QC but they are already shipping to collectors. Maybe we'll start getting the plugs that are being shown in these new pics.
Old 05-11-2024, 09:16 AM   #609
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

Must be the last batches, because they mentioned it in the news.

"For collectors who have previously received your Venom Arise, the stone switchouts will also be released in this batch of shipments."
Old 05-13-2024, 11:39 AM   #610
GrumpyBear
Scarlet Witch

XM Studios News

Pictures from the XM Studios Venom (Arise) 1/4 Statue by Art Statue Collector.

"Venom is the result of an alien symbiote merged with a human holding a bitter grudge against Peter Parker. This combination has proven nearly lethal to the wall-crawler numerous times. Despite his hatred of Spider-Man, Venom has a twisted sense of morality, avoiding harming anyone he deems to be innocent and even performing heroic deeds. However, it is never clear how long Venom's darker impulses can be held in check. No matter how hard anyone tries to keep the symbiote down, Venom always manages to come back, like a plague."

XM Studios Facebook

GHeroes EU Master Distributor Facebook