Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Infinity Studios / Gantaku / Queen Studios

Old 08-03-2021, 12:08 AM   #111
Biggunz
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearmdel View Post
Different scale and this one will be way cheaper....I think The thing is that I've been thinking about getting 1/4 Big Game cover art Predator but because it is a 1/4 scale as well, I might wait to see the final product and then make a decision of which one I'd like to have.
Good luck....good year for predator for sure
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2021, 10:22 PM   #112
marker2037
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VILE GUILE View Post
That's one small tree the Predator climbed up there... Those tree stumps do really show how short it really is.

Not to sound rude, but what would be the point of him climbing a tree that tiny? If the tree stumps are removed, it could leave the height of the tree up to the imagination. The bottom of the base should be all tree. (No ground) I think that was a big miss conceptionally.

I also agree with others about his right leg position looking a bit awkward.

Other than that, it's looks pretty good. I might be interested, if a couple minor changes could be made. (knock on wood)
This exactly. As it stands with this sculpt, the Predator has climbed up exactly 1 foot on this stubby tree like he's an amateur parkour runner.

I think what would work better would be just to design him in a tree and leave the height of the tree up to the viewer's imagination, so that he could seem like he's 50 ft high. I also think having him on the tree higher off of the base would be better too, to give him a more towering presence, like their City Hunter.

The legs though do need work and tweaking as something just doesn't sit right scale-wise to me. It's like his head and torso are 1/4 scale (if he in fact is supposed to be 1/4 scale), but his legs are 1/5 scale and placed a bit odd and unnatural. Just look at the size of his arms compared to his legs. They are almost the same girth.

The shoulder cannon is also far too massive. That needs to be scaled down.

Other than that, the concept is good, but the execution needs work. If they made these changes, I could see myself getting this as a second 1/4 P1 as I would love a dynamic "he's using the trees" statue.
marker2037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 03:00 AM   #113
Python
Omega Red

I'm thinking that the silence means they are working on this. I agree that it's a nice enough concept, but it just hasn't worked out in practice. This easily gets lost in the crowd among the other Predators available currently and needs to offer more. I don't mind the small tree, we need to make certain artistic sacrifices, nobody wants a 1/4 tree really. Much like the Prime 1 Fabok Batman on the rooftop, the scale has to be forgiven in places. But the leg pose is awful on this and needs a full rework, the more I look at it, the more I dislike it. The paint looked bland, although we haven't seen a great picture of it in fairness. And nothing else really stands out, other than maybe the Dutch Easter egg and that's hidden at the rear where it'll never be seen anyway.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2021, 11:47 AM   #114
marker2037
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

It doesn't need a full tree, just the illusion that this scene is taking place higher up in the tree. Dutch should be scrapped altogether and used for a separate piece.
marker2037 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 09:18 PM   #115
Thor Odinson
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

I like the piece as is and it will probably be a day one PO for me. The legs don't bother me and I personally wouldn't want a taller tree. The appeal of this to me is that it isn't a giant space hog like other predator statues.
Thor Odinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2021, 09:28 PM   #116
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor Odinson View Post
I like the piece as is and it will probably be a day one PO for me. The legs don't bother me and I personally wouldn't want a taller tree. The appeal of this to me is that it isn't a giant space hog like other predator statues.
The tree that is presently included looks like something that would be inside a Reptile cage, and but in this case it has a crouched 1/4 scale Predator on it. I think the piece just looks too squat or crowded.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2021, 05:57 PM   #117
Frankierock
Omega Red

Any news on this guy? I wonder and hope they fixed a few of the complaints we had with this piece. Needs a leg fix and taller tree and then it’s pretty good IMO..price will also be a factor too.
Frankierock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 01:29 PM   #118
Halcyon
New Republic

Exactly.
I asked many times for new info but Infinity does not reply or give info through FB.

Perhaps the representative here at SF can ask his colleagues what the current status is !?
Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 01:49 AM   #119
Thor Odinson
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

What is happening with this statue?
Thor Odinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 05:18 PM   #120
kappa250
Justice League

7 December is coming closer ...
kappa250 is offline   Reply With Quote