Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 03-23-2009, 05:51 PM   #21
ansel39
ROT Minister of Truth, Justice, and the Texans Way

i graduated in a small town. 178 in my grad class. after school i moved away. went back for a wedding and realized man this is a small town. Most of the people i hung out with got married and had kids right out of high school. Small town mentality i guess. I lived life and had a lot of fun doing it. it has been like 10 yeah since i talked to anyone i went to high school with.
ansel39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 06:06 PM   #22
tedmic
What's another word for Thesaurus?

I will never understand all this Facebook, Myspace or texting crap! Seems to me it's for very self absorbed/dependent people who need a constant connection via technology. What ever happened to face to face meetings?
tedmic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 06:24 PM   #23
Vince-Vell
Cosmic Painter
PainterModerator

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedmic View Post
I will never understand all this Facebook, Myspace or texting crap! Seems to me it's for very self absorbed/dependent people who need a constant connection via technology. What ever happened to face to face meetings?
I agree with ya there. I never answer my phone text messages. 1) is i dont have a plan for it and not paying money just to say something short. 2) i hate texting when i can dial the number and say what i want to say. Once in a while i may do it, just to curse someone off for fun, but thats about it.

Funny you mentioned this too, some of those people must be wondering why i havent texted them back over the past month.
Vince-Vell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 06:31 PM   #24
Alex655321
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

I have remaind close to a few HS buds, but since I have been on Facebook I have been found by a few old friends.

I think it's cool but I was never really close with any of the folks that have contaced me, and I am looking at it as if I didn't hang with them then, why should I start now.

But, at least I have the option to
Alex655321 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 08:24 PM   #25
IronLungs31

I didn't have friend in HS. I was all about basketball, and I didn't hang out on the weekends. Instead of hanging out I would work on my game, and if I was not doing that I was at home watching some kind of sports. I don't regret it one moment, it all paid off in the end. I guess even if I was on facebook there would not be many people trying to contact me. I went to the same HS for three yrs and I really didn't know anyone besides my teammates. I was just to focused to let anyone else in that enter circle. When I got to college that all changed, still was focused as ever on the game that I love with all my heart. Just decided I didn't need to be wired that tight anymore.
Old 03-23-2009, 08:25 PM   #26
mrc1986
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
I hate texting. No one talks anymore. You could call someone and for what takes 5 mins to say takes and hour to by the time you get back and forth.
mrc1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 08:43 PM   #27
patrickwm68
The Flash

Quote:
I guess I'm self absorbed and dependent because I have a Facebook page. I guess it was stuck up of me to start a group for my old grade school which was torn down 5 years ago. It really sucks that I'm talking to a girl that I took to see Poltergeist back in 1982 when I was 13. I guess it's horrible to share old stories about my home town with people I knew in childhood who now live on the other side of the U.S..

What was I thinking?
patrickwm68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 08:59 PM   #28
Babytoxie
Ghost

I have remained best of friends with a buddy from elementary & middle school, even though he moved 300 miles away at the start of high school.

I have nothing to do with my classmates from high school. I've gone back for my 10 and 20-year reunions, more to see the freak show than anything else. Let's just say I turned out quite well.
Babytoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 09:01 PM   #29
Collection King 13
You Should Punch Your Face in the Face!!!
Adamantium Plus Member

Out of all the friends I hung out with back in High School days I don't hang out with any of them... lol...

"Grailability" -One collectibles potential on becoming a Grail Piece. Pronunciation [greyl-uh-bil-i-tee]
"Flipphobia" -One collectors morbid fear of flippers. Pronunciation [flip-foh-bee-uh]
"Flipollector" -One Who Flips with the intent of purchasing something else for their collection. Pronunciation [flip-uh-lek-ter]
http://statueforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=75&dateline=1236098318
Collection King 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2009, 09:15 PM   #30
TheSkrull
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

I still have several friends from high school I keep in touch with and still run into a few here and there.
I went to my 10 year reunion back in 2003 and holy crap it sucked.
It was bad food, a small bar area, everyone got fat, and they only played music from the year we graduated. So while I'm eating my crappy chicken parm, drinking my watered down jack & coke, and listening to Snow rap Informer for the 3rd time I knew I wasted my money.
TheSkrull is offline   Reply With Quote