Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Just The Facts... > Collection Corner

Old 10-15-2012, 07:23 PM   #841
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Hey guys, I just got in two new Aspen prints. One is the awesome Catwoman and Batman print, and the other is the Shrugged print I won from last week's auctions! They're both spectacular and I am very happy with them.

NorthernLadMSP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:00 AM   #842
Cougrcrumby
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Great pick up on cat woman/ batman. Was that print a pretty penny? Reason I ask is that I am headed to Wizard World Austin next weekend and am looking to start collecting some of these prints. I'm pretty unknowledgable on the going rate of these things. Any suggestions for a starter. Do you bring a case to put them in to the convention or do they roll them up for you ..and just give you a tube?...ive always just been into the comics and statues. The art/ prints= totally new for me
Cougrcrumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 01:26 AM   #843
greatwall
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?
Adamantium Plus Member

Nice score on the prints. Both looks pretty sweet. Congrats
greatwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 09:37 AM   #844
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cougrcrumby View Post
Great pick up on cat woman/ batman. Was that print a pretty penny? Reason I ask is that I am headed to Wizard World Austin next weekend and am looking to start collecting some of these prints. I'm pretty unknowledgable on the going rate of these things. Any suggestions for a starter. Do you bring a case to put them in to the convention or do they roll them up for you ..and just give you a tube?...ive always just been into the comics and statues. The art/ prints= totally new for me
Hey cougr! Honestly, the prints can vary greatly in price. I've spent anywhere from $15 on a print at a con on up to $200 on limited edition sold out prints. It's generally dependant upon if the prints are limited to a certain number, how popular they are, and how hard they are to find.

You can find a lot of great artwork at cons for cheap. When I went to Wizard World Chicago in August, I ended up with like 10 new prints and probably only spent about $80 on all of them. They were a combination of lesser known artists, on up to prints by Greg Horn.

When I have purchased prints in the past at these shows, I've either brought a hard plastic tube with a backpack like strap (from Blick Art Supplies), or I've brought my portfolio. The tube is definitely easier to carry around (especially if you have the strapped version), but the portfolio is better on the prints because it doesn't require you to roll them up. Generally, I try to avoid rolling the prints unless I have to.

These prints I have posted pics of are from Aspen Comics. They have an online store, www.aspenstore.com where you can purchase them, or they also have weekly auctions on eBay.

Feel free to get ahold of me if you have anymore questions.
Old 10-16-2012, 10:53 AM   #845
604comics
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

That's awesome. Now I want prints! I would want to collect prints and curate them into a portfolio. Maybe it's time to start going to some cons and doing some online research on how to score some sweet prints.
604comics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2012, 11:00 AM   #846
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by 604comics View Post
That's awesome. Now I want prints! I would want to collect prints and curate them into a portfolio. Maybe it's time to start going to some cons and doing some online research on how to score some sweet prints.
I love collecting them. I have three portfolios that are almost all full of prints. Most of them are Aspen prints and J. Scott Campbell. I do have a big variety though, including Michael Turner, J. Scott Campbell, Joe Benitez, Adam Hughes, Terry Dodson, Mark Brooks, Greg Horn, etc.
Old 10-18-2012, 07:41 PM   #847
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

GORGEOUS, 'nuff said!

EDIT: I love it so much, I just ordered the green version too.
Old 10-18-2012, 09:23 PM   #848
604comics
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post

GORGEOUS, 'nuff said!

Brilliant! Where did you score this from?
604comics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:38 PM   #849
Phazed
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernLadMSP View Post

GORGEOUS, 'nuff said!

looks great; do you source it from ebay?
Phazed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2012, 09:49 PM   #850
dccowen
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

They have the white outfit also. It's a bit more but they have it. Gotta have the whole set ;p

Mark really is putting out some incredible stuff of late.
dccowen is offline   Reply With Quote