Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 04-27-2021, 08:01 PM   #1041
VILE GUILE
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoldner View Post
Even his right upper mandible is pointed down now. Facepalm.
That's it for me. I'm Done
Damn... You found another one that sneaked by. Somebody on Facebook should mention that to Prime 1. We need to get you a job over there in charge of QC!

I wonder if those are glued in, or part of the head sculpt itself? If they're glued in, it's possible they installed it in the wrong position. I don't think the sculpt had it to be off like that? I bet they're separate pieces which means not all heads will have this issue. (knock on wood)

Edit*** All though on closer examination, if they were glued in, adjusting it where it should properly be, may not fit the plug in spot on the sculpt and leave a gap. I'm not really sure what the deal is to be honest?
VILE GUILE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 08:06 PM   #1042
Blade3327
Nightwing

Quote:
Originally Posted by solidgadium View Post
Lol, overall this statue is hitting all the marks. I can’t imagine most of the people complaining have many statues in their collections or perhaps there are manufacturers out there producing absolute perfect statues I’m not aware of.
A Hot Toys Predator figure hits more paint marks than this - at half the size and a quarter of the price. I know statues have historically gotten worse QC than high-end 1/6 figures, but in 2021 -- and for $1.5K -- that trend shouldn't continue.
Blade3327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 08:14 PM   #1043
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Lol, overall this statue is hitting all the marks. I can’t imagine most of the people complaining have many statues in their collections or perhaps there are manufacturers out there producing absolute perfect statues I’m not aware of.
Nothing is perfect, I think we all agree.

But when we spend this kind of money on a piece this big, we want it to be as advertised as as good as possible.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 09:20 PM   #1044
Xenoburger
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

Quote:
What even is this comment.
Xenoburger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 11:59 PM   #1045
pau123
Sailor Moon

Did P1 confirm they change the head angle to look more upward?
pau123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 12:30 AM   #1046
Blade3327
Nightwing

More photos from different collectors:

Old 04-28-2021, 12:38 AM   #1047
azurepred
Zot

Geeze, we've only seen what, 3 or 4 of these and QC seems to be all over the place on this. Seems very rushed. I thought I was harsh on the P2, but for almost $2k, this is not looking very promising. Very disappointing. I thought this would easily surpass the OG Ex SWS maquette.
azurepred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 01:01 AM   #1048
Ranz
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

I think everyone that saw this had high expectations as the proto was on point so that's what we put money down on ...Still hoping for better pics but it's a lot of money for the statue then another grand nearly for shipping and customs as I get older I dunno about just ok pieces for that price I want what's advertised...This was looking like the best predator now I think the Steve Wang version still might be the best and SS Wolf pred.
Ranz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 01:19 AM   #1049
Blade3327
Nightwing

I definitely spent a lot of time drooling over the prototype. It's hard to forget when looking at these images.

Looking back I don't think I expected a 100% recreation, but this isn't even 85% in the areas that matter.

EDIT: Looks like some LED light is bleeding through the paint on the wrist computer. Between that, the head tilt, the misaligned (yet stenciled) dots, and the misglued mandible, they definitely pushed this out faster than they should have. Maybe they figured they could get away with it since there were so few City Hunters produced.
Old 04-28-2021, 02:49 AM   #1050
Python
Omega Red

Quote:

I don't think many of us have $2k+ statues. That demands a certain amount of expectation. Prime 1 themselves have created a high expectation of what to expect from them in terms of quality by delivering properly high end statues for years now, so I have no issues with people being underwhelmed with what they are seeing so far as it doesn't seem to match the very high standards that they have applied with other items.

All of that said, we seem to be getting subpar pictures of the same statue (maybe two?) So I am yet to form a proper opinion until we do.
Python is offline   Reply With Quote