Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Action Figures / Toys / Trading Cards

Old 07-22-2005, 01:39 AM   #1
nexus
Young Justice
Adamantium Plus Member

SW Unleashed v. Marvel Legends

I used to get my son the Toy Biz action figs about 4-5 years ago. They were okay pieces, and some really pretty good, but my son loved them. We haven't bought any of the Marvel Legends pieces because they started coming out right when he was getting out of the action fig world. However we've noticed that some of the sculpts are really quite nice. Unfortunately, the "action figure" aspect pretty much ruins it for him with all the ball joins and stuff. That said, he actually has been still getting all the Star Wars Unleashed figures, because they are less action figure and more inexpensive, yet highly detailed plastic statue. It occurs to me that if Toy Biz (? I think that's who makes them) had gone this route, perhaps the line would have been even more popular and experienced greater collectibility. My question is, for those who do buy The Marvel Legends, would you have rather had them more like the Unleashed pieces which capture a moment, or as they are with all the articulation so they can be posed as you like? Just curious really.
nexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 02:32 AM   #2
bigjohn550
Sailor Moon

That depends on how old you are. If you are younger, looking for a toy, then articulation is king. If you are looking more for a statue, then I say go for the Unleashed type of figure.
bigjohn550 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 07:43 AM   #3
ashley76
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Yep definately an age thing.
ashley76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 10:41 AM   #4
Sam Wilson
Samurai Vato

Me personally, as a collector, if I want a statue, I'll buy a statue, the Mcfarlane/star wars unleashed doesn't really do it for me.

ON the other hand I gots me a TON of Marvel legends. And you better believe when we get our house I"m talkin' 'em out of the boxes and playing with 'em...
Sam Wilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 11:14 AM   #5
bat_collector
Galactus

I like DC direct!
bat_collector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 11:53 AM   #6
prozac
Frackin!

I like both, but greatly prefer the ML figures and posing them how I like. He can look at them as a poseable statue if he likes
prozac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 11:59 AM   #7
Cage
Statueforum Consiglieri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam Wilson
Me personally, as a collector, if I want a statue, I'll buy a statue, the Mcfarlane/star wars unleashed doesn't really do it for me.

ON the other hand I gots me a TON of Marvel legends. And you better believe when we get our house I"m talkin' 'em out of the boxes and playing with 'em...
Oh Man! I would love to see the neighbors faces! Sam wilson sitting in a Sandbox in his back yard, wearing his Bowen Designs too small in the largest size T-shirt, eating a pie, drinking a diet coke playing with his Marvel Legend Action Figures!!!!
Cage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 12:13 PM   #8
Wooktroop
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cage
Oh Man! I would love to see the neighbors faces! Sam wilson sitting in a Sandbox in his back yard, wearing his Bowen Designs too small in the largest size T-shirt, eating a pie, drinking a diet coke playing with his Marvel Legend Action Figures!!!!
bwhaahahhaha funny mental image
Wooktroop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2005, 01:07 PM   #9
Sam Wilson
Samurai Vato

Quote:
Goddamn Right!

I'd make little dunes, and maybe a pit, and have them fight it out, gladiator style...

Oh yeah, I just got these...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...MEWN%3AIT&rd=1

They are in the same scale as the Marvel Superhero showdown figs. You better BELIEVE I got some crazy sh$# planned yo, Mavrel, vs Predator vs aliens... WATCH OUT!!
Old 07-22-2005, 01:08 PM   #10
Sam Wilson
Samurai Vato

Quote:
Don't forget, that's a hostess apple pie and a 1 litre of diet coke...