Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Premium Collectible Studio

View Poll Results: Would you pre-order this Goro MKX 1/3 ?
YES, depending on price 111 76.03%
YES, regardless of price 35 23.97%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-07-2019, 02:07 PM   #1641
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post
This kind of shoddy work is why I'm pulling out of PCS entirely. When does this happen with other companies? If there's moisture trapped in the polystone, then mold growth is a possibility, and if it's happened to a few, it's likely they're all affected to some degree. Glad I cancelled mine.
It happened on my SS Nick Fury Comiquette. Only piece I ever had to exchange. it was all over. So it happens
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 02:20 PM   #1642
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
I don't get why anyone would give the benefit of the doubt to a chinese factory over their own gut feelings and experience in this hobby when $1.4k are on the line. These things are assembled in the same production line, so don't expect a replacement to not have the same problem.

Goro was not developed into much of a character anyway, and Netherrealm has gone all SJW lately so no big loss.
My gut feeling isn't moisture. Moisture doesn't solidify. Gut feeling and logic just point to something else. That's not to say there can't be problems. Most pieces aren't primed so if the resin isn't cured properly paint will start flaking off (SS Iron Man maquette).

But this looks like glue or epoxy and the "mold" doesn't look anything like mold just white powder (my hands had some, it just brushed off). You are jumping to conclusions because you want to blame something and you don't even have the piece.

If something was wrong I'd ask for a replacement. Moisture or not that guy deserves a replacement, but I'm not gonna just make ---- up about how the entire statue line is infected or something :|
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 03:55 PM   #1643
kpz
Frackin!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muffinman View Post
The problem with that is I'd have to pay import fees again, this time which could possibly end up at £300 plus. I think I'd be lucky to get a voucher from sideshoe based on what I've personally experienced and heard from others.

If you have already paid the custom fees then you wont have to pay them again for the replacement. Once you get confirmation from SS that it will be replaced (you'll probably have to smash it) you will have enough evidence to present to customs to prove its a replacement for a piece that no longer exists. They will release it without charge.

In Ireland and have done this without issue.
kpz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 03:56 PM   #1644
kagero_no_mai
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
This kind of shoddy work is why I'm pulling out of PCS entirely. When does this happen with other companies? If there's moisture trapped in the polystone, then mold growth is a possibility, and if it's happened to a few, it's likely they're all affected to some degree. Glad I cancelled mine.
kagero_no_mai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 08:09 PM   #1645
Muffinman
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kpz View Post
If you have already paid the custom fees then you wont have to pay them again for the replacement. Once you get confirmation from SS that it will be replaced (you'll probably have to smash it) you will have enough evidence to present to customs to prove its a replacement for a piece that no longer exists. They will release it without charge.

In Ireland and have done this without issue.
Ah, thank you for the info. Quite frankly I didn't think they'd give a ---- wheter it was a replacement or not! This is nice to here. I highly doubt they'll actually offer me a replacement if I don't request it first. I'll see what they say first.

Also I didn't mean to start a debate over the substance lol but I am more inclined to go down the glue route.
Muffinman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 03:39 PM   #1646
dao2
Cyclops

Varies by country as I mentioned, they should have some provision so you don't have to pay for a replacement but the process will probably be different, and your customs may be a pain to work with :|
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 10:01 AM   #1647
DarkKnight85
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Mine as well had some moisture when taking them out of the plastic bags. I specifically remember a little water on the surface and sides of the base. It quickly dried off though and I don't see any strange things on my goro. I do have a little bit of a paint issue around the back of the foot though. Looks like some of those dark brown moles/scales that were supposed to be there had some paint splashes around the heel, but it really wasn't something I am too worried about.

Now on a separate note, I do have a question for you guys that's a little off topic but we were talking about the magnet issue and possible broken parts to a statue.

Ok so I had a freak accident with one of my 1/5 statues the other day, and my damn air purifier fell into my bottom shelf of one of my bestas. It unfortunately snapped off both arms of my Slyvanas Warcraft statue.

I've only had one other break in the past and I used E6000 glue from Michael's to glue on a broken tooth. I never asked before, but does anyone else know if this generally is a good substance to use to fix repairs like this or is there another product that is generally favorable among this hobby?

I'm still pretty pissed this happened, but I guess in the end it could have happened to other more expensive statues that I own. If I have to, I may buy the statue again, but if possible I def want to try and repair it. It looks like when I set the arms in place, it doesn't look that noticeable, so I think if the glue holds it may work alright.

I did post this in the general section and got 1 reply, someone mentioned that maybe Sideshow recommends super glue by the name of Zap A Gap? What do you guys think?

Sorry again if this is a little off topic, it's just I've been posting in here recently and at this point recognize some of the names.
DarkKnight85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 10:01 AM   #1648
DarkKnight85
Sey hallo to my lille fren!

Mine as well had some moisture when taking them out of the plastic bags. I specifically remember a little water on the surface and sides of the base. It quickly dried off though and I don't see any strange things on my goro. I do have a little bit of a paint issue around the back of the foot though. Looks like some of those dark brown moles/scales that were supposed to be there had some paint splashes around the heel, but it really wasn't something I am too worried about.

Now on a separate note, I do have a question for you guys that's a little off topic but we were talking about the magnet issue and possible broken parts to a statue.

Ok so I had a freak accident with one of my 1/5 statues the other day, and my damn air purifier fell into my bottom shelf of one of my bestas. It unfortunately snapped off both arms of my Slyvanas Warcraft statue.

I've only had one other break in the past and I used E6000 glue from Michael's to glue on a broken tooth. I never asked before, but does anyone else know if this generally is a good substance to use to fix repairs like this or is there another product that is generally favorable among this hobby?

I'm still pretty pissed this happened, but I guess in the end it could have happened to other more expensive statues that I own. If I have to, I may buy the statue again, but if possible I def want to try and repair it. It looks like when I set the arms in place, it doesn't look that noticeable, so I think if the glue holds it may work alright.

I did post this in the general section and got 1 reply, someone mentioned that maybe Sideshow recommends super glue by the name of Zap A Gap? What do you guys think?

Sorry again if this is a little off topic, it's just I've been posting in here recently and at this point recognize some of the names.
DarkKnight85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 03:45 PM   #1649
Biggunz
Loki

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkKnight85 View Post

Depending on how thick the statue is you can glue it and then epoxy it or epoxy it at the breaks and let it dry then sand and repaint. Go to Raphael Roblebo YouTube. He does these fixes.
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 03:48 PM   #1650
Biggunz
Loki

I do like this but I’m trying to get a recast for around $1k including shipping. I have a contact in China that says they will make me anything I want.
Biggunz is offline   Reply With Quote