Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Home Grown > Painter's Pit Stop

Old 03-11-2011, 04:08 PM   #11
riderV3
ROT Minister of Scientific Emergency Management

Dullcoat is way overrated, I now use Tamiya flat spray can which in all ways, meets my needs better than dullcoat.
riderV3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2011, 05:37 PM   #12
skorpsta
Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by joe delfini View Post
Thanx for all of your great advice . I managed to get a testors dull coat and it is even better than my old stash of generic cans.

It works amazing and is such a controlled fine mist from it.
I have to pick up more. I was lucky and only found one whole can on all of ebay.

I wasnt worried about my kits because once i paint them they go on display but the ones i do for friends will get handled alot and i want to seal them in with a couple of nice coats of dull finish.

joe
good to here joe look at my repaints the pics..all were sprayed with testors dull coat..except for the silver surfer it was sprayed with krylon acrylic crystal clear gloss coat.
skorpsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2011, 04:14 PM   #13
C. Bormann
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

I don't like to "Dull Coat" the entire statue, because it changes the finish texture of the paint. Sometimes I just prefer the look of the flat paint by it's self. But certain color paints simply have too much pigment/paint ratio and they need to be dull coated. So, I spray some Testors dull coat into a jar and brush it on the areas that need it. But keep in mind that the ingredient that gives it the dull finish settles to the bottom, and that is where you need to dip brush to. Stirring it up isn't always effective.
C. Bormann is offline   Reply With Quote