Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > XM Studios

Old 06-27-2014, 11:10 PM   #991
Bobfrog
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Sisko View Post
Simply Toys are based in Singapore, so their price is also in SGD. And if you pay in full or put a $300 deposit you actually get a hefty discount because you become eligible for their membership price. All up plus shipping from Simply Toys you are looking at around AU$700.
Yeah, my bad. Was just looking and realised that.
I was convinced for some reason that they were a US company.

Just gonna check if they do points or not as I found another seller in Malaysia that does and comes in just under $700 (toypanic.com)

Cheers mate
Bobfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 11:26 PM   #992
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gyro Zeppeli View Post
Then why are SIdeshow's more expensive pieces, like their LSF, just as boring and uninteresting? The most intricate Sideshow goes is having someone lift their knee up to stand on a rock.
And xm studios first piece is cap with a leg up.
Old 06-27-2014, 11:34 PM   #993
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbr3bagshotrow View Post
ZING!
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 11:43 PM   #994
loricstone
Kang

Location: Don't come at me stupid or I'll Sammamish your candy ass!!
Quote:
Yes....and it was done FARRRRR better than SS's.

BAM!!!!!
loricstone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2014, 11:50 PM   #995
nbr3bagshotrow
curmudgeon Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post

BAM!!!!!
Old 06-28-2014, 12:16 AM   #996
ambasah
Red Skull

I am just glad to have more options.
ambasah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 12:25 AM   #997
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Sure Sideshow would put a Bird behind the Phoenix if they were going to charge $800 for the piece but i bet their research shows the $400 ish range is the best price point for most 1/4 scale collectors. Thats why XM are only making 500. There is a smaller number of collectors willing/able to spend $800. And there is even a smaller number of collectors able to spend the thousands for the LSF or full size.

It is out of my price range. Nice to look at but for my 1/4 scale dollar i am still happy with Sideshow.
Fair enough, to keep the prices lower they have to keep it simpler... but SS does do more expensive pieces such as the Pred 2 1:4 scale for $1200, C-3PO and R2-D2 at $750, Hulk Maquette $650, Comic Hulk PF $550, so they do make more expensive 1:4 scale statues.... 2 of those have unlimited ES and if you add up all the colors of the comic hulks it will probably be close to 6k ES.

Just wish there more expensive pieces would have a bit more intricate details to them.. R2 & 3PO base is plain sand and Pred 2 base is a slab of rock with two small skulls...

I'm pretty much cleaning house on my statue collection so I can afford the XM ones... I'm going for quality over quantity approach, trying to stream line my collection to what I consider is the best of the best... of course everyone has their own opinions on what is the best so I've had to sell off all my smaller statues, only keeping 1:5 scale or bigger with a few 1:6 scale exceptions... All my bushijous, ArtFX statues, Arkham & bombshell lines ups have to go... it hurts but In the end I hope to have a collection that people will drool over, And yes I do plan to have several SS PF's in that collection
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 01:19 AM   #998
keewan
Death is hereditary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by built2shred View Post
I'm pretty much cleaning house on my statue collection so I can afford the XM ones... I'm going for quality over quantity approach, trying to stream line my collection to what I consider is the best of the best... of course everyone has their own opinions on what is the best so I've had to sell off all my smaller statues, only keeping 1:5 scale or bigger with a few 1:6 scale exceptions... All my bushijous, ArtFX statues, Arkham & bombshell lines ups have to go... it hurts but In the end I hope to have a collection that people will drool over, And yes I do plan to have several SS PF's in that collection
NO!!! Not the bombshells hehe. That's the only 1/6 lines I collect now, but I don't have them displayed.
keewan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 05:06 AM   #999
It's Sisko
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobfrog View Post
Yeah, my bad. Was just looking and realised that.
I was convinced for some reason that they were a US company.

Just gonna check if they do points or not as I found another seller in Malaysia that does and comes in just under $700 (toypanic.com)

Cheers mate
Don't worry it's definitely confusing. You might have been thinking of Speculative Fiction, which is based in the US and is selling XM stuff also. Anyway, I'm going to check out toypanic. It's always good to have options.
It's Sisko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2014, 05:32 AM   #1000
Bullseye
Mod Assassin
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by loricstone View Post

BAM!!!!!
Subjective.
Bullseye is offline   Reply With Quote