Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Home Grown > Painter's Pit Stop

Old 01-30-2011, 01:13 AM   #11
Starscream
I took an IQ test and the results were negative.

I use a lot of Vallejo paint, and agree with all the above. The airbrush ready range are just diluted versions if the model colour range. They are very nice paints but clogging the airbrush seems to be a bit more of an issue. People use water or their own thinner with flow improver and a whole load of other stuff and get great results. I like them because their colour range is great but you do need to get them really thin (or at least I do) to go through a fine nozzle but this means I can build up really thin transparent layers of paint which gives a nice finish.

These are all done with Vallejo

Starscream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 03:49 PM   #12
Tangyson
A day without sunshine is like... night.

I have just taken a huge interest in painting resin kits and you alls work is very inspiring, as soon as I receive my kit that i ordered im gonna take a crack at it. Im thinking of using Americana paints, but my question is are they ready to use right out of the bottle? or do they have to be diluted? and if so with what? And what brand of metallic paint should I use? (one thats not that expensive). And what brand of glosses are out there? What type of tape do you all use for masking, that wont peel the paint?
Tangyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2011, 09:49 PM   #13
thx217
Ultimates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starscream View Post
I use a lot of Vallejo paint, and agree with all the above. The airbrush ready range are just diluted versions if the model colour range. They are very nice paints but clogging the airbrush seems to be a bit more of an issue. People use water or their own thinner with flow improver and a whole load of other stuff and get great results. I like them because their colour range is great but you do need to get them really thin (or at least I do) to go through a fine nozzle but this means I can build up really thin transparent layers of paint which gives a nice finish.

These are all done with Vallejo

Great works.
thx217 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 02:44 AM   #14
skorpsta
Ghost

thanks for sharing
skorpsta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 08:09 AM   #15
Darth Pain
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Starscream, That Venom is just SICK!
Any chance you could tell me how you achieved that look?
Darth Pain is offline   Reply With Quote