Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Home Grown > Painter's Pit Stop

Old 04-13-2011, 02:33 PM   #1
JAWS
Cross country skiing is great if you live in a small country.

Some Help and Advice of Spider-man comiquette.

OK so I was fixing the black smudges on the Spider-man Comiquette and was using a q tip and Alcohol.

All was going well. However there was one area above the left eye I could not get clear. I tried a couple of more times and here is where i screwed up.

I think I took off some of the finish because that area is now shinny compared to the rest of the paint.

I asked a friend if he knew what to do and he said that a Flat clear spray paint might be the answer. That I should use model tape to block off the other areas and spray over the area a few times.

The statue also has some tiny scratches in this area. I think those scratches were there when it came. My friend thought the gloss might fill in those marks . I just want to make sure that is the flat gloss is the way to go that these scratches would effect it.

Is this the path I should take?? The Paint is the same color as the rest of the statue. So this should work right and not make the spot looking any different then the rest of the paint??

If this will not work is there any other ideas other then don't screw with your statues.

or should I just leave well enough alone?

Thanks for any help any of you might have.

Here is a photo of the issue.

I tried to get the most extreme lighting so you can see the glare.

And here is a photo with flash to show you the paint is still the same and how light the scratches are.

JAWS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 03:14 PM   #2
Voshizle@gmail.
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Easiest way to fix that would be to just spray the whole statue with Testors Dull coat. This way the whole statue will have the same sheen to it. The Dull coat might make the whole statue just a bit less shiny though.
Voshizle@gmail. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2011, 04:54 PM   #3
JAWS

Thanks for the info. I ended up covering the eyes and the rest of the body and did two quick sprays around the forhead. It is much better now. It took the shine away and did not effect the rest of the statue. It's not perfect but i don't deserve perfect after being dumb enough to mess with it in the first place. OCD sucks!!'

Again thanks for the help. I don't know if I would have been brave enough to spray the whole statue. My hand was shaking bad enough as is.

Just sucks becuase i know I killed the resale value. Not that I wan to sell but it still sucks. I am sureI could sell it as is and not even say anything and most people would not notice but I can't do that.

Oh well.
Old 04-14-2011, 05:27 PM   #4
JAWS

Here are some photos of after.

Old 04-16-2011, 03:00 AM   #5
Voshizle@gmail.
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

Nice it looks fine, I'm glad I could help and that it worked out for you.
Voshizle@gmail. is offline   Reply With Quote