Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 04-26-2018, 01:16 PM   #371
Danchez
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by grphyx1 View Post
I'd much rather people say, oh her boobs or her booty aren't big enough. But to keep saying she's too muscular she looks like a tranny is just all kinds of wrong. Some times opinions don't need to be shared
100% agreement. Some posts are childishly trolling not only the piece, but also those who like it.
Danchez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 01:27 PM   #372
WolverineFan
I am da law!

This statue deserves every negative statement people are making about it. This isn’t acceptable for Poison Ivy. Maybe Igo will read these comments and realize their game needs to step up. It’s not like everyone is negative in every thread on this forum. It may seem like it recently because they are striking out with most of their dc line so far.
WolverineFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 01:29 PM   #373
grphyx1
Kingpin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nugchompa View Post
So we should censor our opinions of statues because someone may not agree? I wholeheartedly disagree with any sentiment remotely resembling those lines. I have said I like this statue, but am curious as to their art direction. Everyone else's opinions are equally valid.

I'm pretty sure the point of this forum is to discuss statues. Are we going to narrow it down to only positives? If you dont like a statue, please, let the hate flow through you. If the general majority doesn't like a statue, maybe a company will fix it or take those critiques to heart for the next one. Prime One has fixed quite a many issues because of reactions from the statue community, and each time the piece was better for it.
Missing my point. You can express as much dislike of a statue as you wish. it is your right. What I was commenting on was the way the dislike was being expressed. When the expressing of that dislike is to say it looks like a tranny, etc.., it's just reeks of negative connotation. Or she's too muscular. It's a slant against all those professional female body builders that work really hard. So hear what I am saying and not just argue for arguing sake. And yes SS's track record for going back to the drawing board is almost 0%.
grphyx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 01:34 PM   #374
French Cancan
Deadman

Quote:
Originally Posted by VindictvePotato View Post
Agreed. This thread has been super depressing to read.
I like this statue, but understand some people hate it.
SSC collects what they sow. SSC tries, tempts, tests. They obtain a favorable consensus with WW, but the improbable chin of Supes and pants of Batman scatter the discord. Aerobic Ivy makes now the same thing, and I seriously doubt that it’s a surprise for SSC. Negativity is now a large part of their new game, and I am sure that they assume it perfectly. So, no need to cry because the wind of a virulent disapproval blows in these threads. With the new rules imposed by SSC, I find on the contrary negativity very healthy.
French Cancan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 01:36 PM   #375
Incrysis
Borrow money from a pessimist, they don't expect it back.

Quote:
And yes SS's track record for going back to the drawing board is almost 0%.

They can't operate to please everyone. They should listen and try to do better next time but the cost to go back and try again is probably too high.
Incrysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 01:38 PM   #376
majestic1
Green Lantern Corps
Adamantium Member

Quote:
Missing my point. You can express as much dislike of a statue as you wish. it is your right. What I was commenting on was the way the dislike was being expressed. When the expressing of that dislike is to say it looks like a tranny, etc.., it's just reeks of negative connotation. Or she's too muscular. It's a slant against all those professional female body builders that work really hard. So hear what I am saying and not just argue for arguing sake. And yes SS's track record for going back to the drawing board is almost 0%.
But Ivy isn't a professional female body builder, she has always been portrayed as a lithe, super sexy female who could pass for a Victoria Secret model, to have her now shown with such musculature is jarring and without doubt a controversial move by Sideshow which will and has caused heated debate.

If this was She Hulk, Wonder Woman, Titania, Teela etc I would be singing the sculptors praises for her impressive Amazonian physique.
majestic1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 01:51 PM   #377
Shanesg
Green Lantern Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incrysis View Post
Is opinion being mistaken for negativity? If people don't like something, telling you why shouldn't be a negative. If you are spewing negative comments for the sake of being a troll that's another problem.
I've never had a problem with people expressing opinions. It's the way people seem to be doing it. There's a big difference between critiquing someone's art and saying "worst female sculpt or all time! Looks like a body building tranny". All I was getting at with my post was that lately and maybe for the past couple years or so, there's more and more of the straight up negative/ignorant comments that's are all over this thread.
Shanesg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 02:02 PM   #378
Armored_Berserk
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

Quote:
Originally Posted by majestic1 View Post
But Ivy isn't a professional female body builder, she has always been portrayed as a lithe, super sexy female who could pass for a Victoria Secret model, to have her now shown with such musculature is jarring and without doubt a controversial move by Sideshow which will and has caused heated debate.

If this was She Hulk, Wonder Woman, Titania, Teela etc I would be singing the sculptors praises for her impressive Amazonian physique.
Exactly!
Armored_Berserk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 02:05 PM   #379
toe
Alpha Flight

Just to be clear, the sculptors did an amazing job. The overall take on it just doesn't do it for me. Not the Poison Ivy I'm familiar with. I like the concept art more.
toe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2018, 02:22 PM   #380
ComicJesus
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Ivy being this muscular just isn’t right for the character. It isn’t part of who she is or what she does. On a personal and lesser note, on women, I prefer a “fit” look as opposed to muscular.

For me it just comes down to what’s right for the character. A character like Wonder Woman or Big Barda to have muscles like that it makes sense for the character. For Ivy, it does not. The bigger issue and overall problem at Sideshow I think is the liberties they are taking with the characters in directions that just don’t make sense. Some people will like this, for sure, but I think far more will not like it for those reasons.

This, like Batman, Deathstroke come down to an issue with the art direction alone.
ComicJesus is offline   Reply With Quote