Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > Movies / TV / DVD / Music

Old 12-03-2019, 10:47 PM   #25961
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Another one. Damn I wish i was able to focus for more than a second so I can understand The Irishman. I should have known my limits and stuck to an action movie. What a crock of sh!t.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 10:53 PM   #25962
Agent23
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Summer of ‘84 (2018) - 5/10

Drag Me To Hell (2009) - 7.5/10 , the ending is crazy.
Agent23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 10:56 PM   #25963
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Hellboy (new one) 6.5/10. Not a bad flick. Don't know if I'd watch it again.
Old 12-04-2019, 03:04 AM   #25964
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

American Animals 6/10.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 11:49 AM   #25965
supermetroid
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by The General View Post
Hellboy (new one) 6.5/10. Not a bad flick. Don't know if I'd watch it again.
Must be your ADD
supermetroid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 11:51 AM   #25966
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

The Vanishing (1988) - Very unsettling and probably the most realistic glimpse into the mind of a serial killer I've ever seen in a movie. Interesting thing I read about this movie, Stanley Kubrick thought it was the most terrifying film he ever saw, even moreso than his own Shining, and he spoke to the director regarding editting techniques. The scariest thing to me was the fact there was nothing supernatural about the movie, the killer seemed like the most normal of people on the surface, he even had a family that he loved, a job, friends, but underneath it all he was capable of unimagineable atrocities. Usually the more a movie reveals about the killer the less interesting and suspenseful the movie becomes, this movie was the opposite, everything he said, everything he revealed, only added to the suspense. Also, one of the most unnerving endings to a movie i've ever seen, it made me uncomfortable and not many movies do that to me.

highly recommended, and even though there is virtually no gore, its not for the squeamish or faint of heart

8.5/10
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 12:09 PM   #25967
TNovak
Scarlet Witch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quicksilver View Post
The Vanishing (1988) - Very unsettling and probably the most realistic glimpse into the mind of a serial killer I've ever seen in a movie. Interesting thing I read about this movie, Stanley Kubrick thought it was the most terrifying film he ever saw, even moreso than his own Shining, and he spoke to the director regarding editting techniques. The scariest thing to me was the fact there was nothing supernatural about the movie, the killer seemed like the most normal of people on the surface, he even had a family that he loved, a job, friends, but underneath it all he was capable of unimagineable atrocities. Usually the more a movie reveals about the killer the less interesting and suspenseful the movie becomes, this movie was the opposite, everything he said, everything he revealed, only added to the suspense. Also, one of the most unnerving endings to a movie i've ever seen, it made me uncomfortable and not many movies do that to me.

highly recommended, and even though there is virtually no gore, its not for the squeamish or faint of heart

8.5/10
Not to be "that guy" movie snob but I am so glad you watched the original 1988 version. The 1993 remake with Kiefer Southerland and Jeff Bridges is absolute hackery compared to the original. They change the ending and many other aspects and none of the changes are for the better IMO.
TNovak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 12:23 PM   #25968
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by supermetroid View Post
Must be your ADD

Yeah I know right. lol
Old 12-04-2019, 12:30 PM   #25969
Quicksilver
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNovak View Post
Not to be "that guy" movie snob but I am so glad you watched the original 1988 version. The 1993 remake with Kiefer Southerland and Jeff Bridges is absolute hackery compared to the original. They change the ending and many other aspects and none of the changes are for the better IMO.
the thing that I find odd about the 1993 remake's departure from the original story (I havent seen it but based on what I read and your comments) is that it was directed by the same guy who did the original! Im sure certain changes were requested of him since this was going to be the "hollywood" version of his story with big name stars, but this just reinforces the fact, to me at least, that remakes never beat the originals
Quicksilver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2019, 04:18 PM   #25970
Agent23
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

Incendies (2010) - 9.5/10

Powerful and heartbreaking.
Agent23 is offline   Reply With Quote