Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comic Book Art/Commissions/Sketches

Old 12-04-2008, 01:09 PM   #81
khazano
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecthelion View Post
Wow, that's like the first real friendly thing I heard spencer ever did. Nice to hear.
ive gotten TONS of free artwork (good stuff too!!!) and comics from Spencer in my day. Despite what many people may say, he is one of the good ones in the hobby,
khazano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2008, 11:24 PM   #82
scottie_paul
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

well my wife was going to pick up something from them for christmas...but then they emailed back saying the sale was over...even though he still has discount % listed...sucks...this would have been my first page too
scottie_paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 05:59 PM   #83
Royd
Producer
Producer

I've also got only good things to say about Spencer who's previously helped me reach artists whose work I was trying to purchase.

I've known him for around 10 years and he's never been anything but friendly and helpful. Best,

Royd

Quote:
Originally Posted by khazano View Post
ive gotten TONS of free artwork (good stuff too!!!) and comics from Spencer in my day. Despite what many people may say, he is one of the good ones in the hobby,
Royd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 07:53 PM   #84
scottie_paul
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

My wife said he was rude. She has no idea about this hobby, she was just trying to get me something. When she emailed, the sale was still up, when he emailed back she said he was very rude and condescending. (not sure if thats spelled right)
scottie_paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2008, 07:54 PM   #85
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

my stuff is in the mail Monday

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 03:55 AM   #86
animatedUKfan
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie_paul View Post
My wife said he was rude. She has no idea about this hobby, she was just trying to get me something. When she emailed, the sale was still up, when he emailed back she said he was very rude and condescending. (not sure if thats spelled right)
It appears he is like that with everyone, he was with me too which is why I won't deal with him.
animatedUKfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2008, 04:52 AM   #87
Argonus
Kindly Asked To Leave

Wow.. those prices on that site seem low for some good stuff.

How often is the site updated?

I feel for those who've had negative experiences, though. It's bad practice for dealers to just assume anyone and everyone who's buying a page is well-versed in the practice of doing so and/or comic books (such as a spouse, etc). I've never dealt with this person, so I don't have experiences with him to draw a conclusion from.
Argonus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 01:11 PM   #88
Wookiee
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
I don't think it's that he is rude. Remember that all communication is through email so unless he starts actually saying something rude, it's probably not meant that way. I've found that Spencer's communications are short and to the point. I think it is because he probably works elsewhere and does this on the side and it would consume alot of his spare time. I've bought many pages from him. I was taken aback the first time I got a reply from him, but he has always shot straight and fair with me.
Wookiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2008, 01:13 PM   #89
Wookiee
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Quote:
well my wife was going to pick up something from them for christmas...but then they emailed back saying the sale was over...even though he still has discount % listed...sucks...this would have been my first page too
Don't give up. You will get your first page and then it will spiral widly out of control and your wife will telling you she's sorry she ever started you on it.

The key is find her a hobby that she spends money on and then she can't say a thing about yours. Scrapbooking is a good option if she is so inclined. Trust me! My wife has no leg to stand on when it comes to my art spending now
Wookiee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 12:25 AM   #90
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Spoke to Spencer this evening ... good guy in my book! Will send biz his way for sure

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote