Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Bowen Designs

Old 05-11-2020, 02:23 PM   #61
The SHOGUN
Hellfire Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmk123 View Post
I think the sad thing is that since Bowen is not producing statues anymore is that alot of the prices for his statues on Ebay are on the rather high side. Now a statue like Modern Nova or YellowJacket are always on the high side price wise, I am seeing other statues on there being priced high and I am wondering why. Now obviously a person can price their item at any price they want to, not every statue is a gold bar that commands top dollar.
I sold a bunch of Bowens in 2015-2016. It took me a while but I just bought back all the ones I wanted. Some of them I had to pay a lot more than I sold them for but that’s part of the game. To be honest selling and rebuying made me appreciate the rest of my Bowen collection. These aren’t $150 statues anymore and they shouldn’t be.

Still to this day, Bowens line of marvel statues gives me more joy collecting than anything else. Theres always gonna be a strong market for these things and as decades pass they’re only gonna get harder to find and more expensive.
The SHOGUN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 03:06 PM   #62
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by The SHOGUN View Post
I sold a bunch of Bowens in 2015-2016. It took me a while but I just bought back all the ones I wanted. Some of them I had to pay a lot more than I sold them for but that’s part of the game. To be honest selling and rebuying made me appreciate the rest of my Bowen collection. These aren’t $150 statues anymore and they shouldn’t be.

Still to this day, Bowens line of marvel statues gives me more joy collecting than anything else. Theres always gonna be a strong market for these things and as decades pass they’re only gonna get harder to find and more expensive.
Agreed

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2020, 09:35 PM   #63
A Cimmerian
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

I heard he is coming back.
A Cimmerian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2020, 05:03 AM   #64
FJC
Midnighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by A Cimmerian View Post
I heard he is coming back.
Unfortunately, the man himself hasn't confirmed that he's coming back. Until he does, it's all just speculation.
FJC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 03:26 PM   #65
XMAN
Ultron

Bowen is what got me into collecting....I still have a good amount of my Bowens in storage.....I remenber the first one I bought was back in 1993.The batman.
XMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2020, 11:38 AM   #66
The General
Doctor Doom
Adamantium Plus Member

I prefer he come back and do 1/4 scale. I don't collect 1/6 anymore. But it would be awesome if he were to come back and work for Sideshow and they let him do a line of classic versions of Marvel characters. The same thing he was doing before only in 1/4 scale. I know that gets the Bowen crowd angry but it's just my preference. But I'd like to see him back in the game even if it's 1/6. I won't buy them but I'd be happy that he's back.
The General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2020, 11:13 PM   #67
Cougrcrumby
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

If he ever came back... I would prefer 1/6th even though I now collect 1/4th. When he was putting them out I bought most everything he put out for a couple of years. It’s hard for me to say no to his stuff and I would need more room.
Cougrcrumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 09:38 AM   #68
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

1/4 scale is a crowded market. If he comes back and can get a license at a price he could pick back up where he left off, I suspect that's what we will see.

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 06:57 PM   #69
Vecchio1
I went to a general store. They wouldn't let me buy anything specifically.

It'd be foolish not to attempt 1/6. Market and demand have grown over the last 6 years.
Vecchio1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2020, 07:26 PM   #70
Mister H
Gen 13

He wouldn’t even have to keep the same pace as he used to. Start with that Spiral statue he teased and everyone would be hooked again.
Mister H is online now   Reply With Quote