Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 05-07-2019, 01:38 PM   #561
Indomitus
Kiss my shiny metal arse!

If anyone really needs to ask why prices are soaring just go back to economics fundamentals of supply and demand. Obviously supply has gone up and with price increases that means demand has too. Just look no further than 22 marvel movies with Avengers endgame blowing passed $2B. Both Marvel and DC pumping out TV shows and merchandise is everywhere. The world is a pop culture playground. Your kids love it. You love it. Grandma is hosting Captain Marvel tea parties and Grandpa is wearing Batman adult diaper depends. If you don't buy it, someone else will. We are in the long game endgame now.

And just to get back on topic, this Mister Freeze is way over priced.
Indomitus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 02:10 PM   #562
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araxel View Post
I mean we are talking about a 40% to 130% increase (Batgirl 40%, Ivy 60%, Hulk ~130%) in just 5 years.

None of the other lines I collect (Prime 1 1/3 Arkham series/Hush 1/3, some Tsume HQS from Dragonball, Megahouse P.O.P., some XM villains, some 1/6 DC Direct statues, Kotobukiya Bishjoujo series) have seen a price increase over 40% in 7 years, most of them are closer to 10%.

And as you said the complexity of the statues is absolutely comparable and the quality hasn't improved that much.

I love my Premium Format/Maquette collection, but I can't justify expanding it anymore with these prices.

This Freeze is tiny, if it was a nice base with a Nora pedestal and some other nice details and swapouts, maybe it would've been worth it and collectors probably would've appreciated it.
Yeah i agree.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 04:43 PM   #563
gearhead
The Herculoids

I'm not at all surprised prices are still going up, but what surprises me is that SS would choose to push the envelope so far with a lack luster representation of a C list character. I know some will disagree with the C list status, that's just my opinion, but hopefully we can all agree he's no heavy hitter and not a character we'd typically see a company push the limits with.

Anyone know, is this the most expensive PF to date that's not a maquette?
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 04:55 PM   #564
crimsinwing1989
The Masters of Evil

I think Cable's the most expensive and EX freeze is the most expensive DC.
crimsinwing1989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 04:59 PM   #565
gearhead
The Herculoids

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
Insane. I know statements like this get thrown around a lot on this forum, but the value just isn't there for this piece. I guess maybe the dome is made out of Waterford crystal or something.
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 05:05 PM   #566
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
Insane. I know statements like this get thrown around a lot on this forum, but the value just isn't there for this piece. I guess maybe the dome is made out of Waterford crystal or something.
wow a so simple statue is the most expensive DC statue? That's disturbing going forward.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 05:11 PM   #567
SONICobra
Batman

killer croc is an AWESOME statue, very underrated as everyone thinks hes too small due to the outside of the box hunched over pose

regardless of how you feel about it - its available for $520 plus free shipping and $75 off, freeze will have similar discounts in the future. i hope SS isnt factoring in future discounts to compensate for lost sales
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 05:21 PM   #568
NorthernLadMSP
Jedi Order

Quote:
Originally Posted by crimsinwing1989 View Post
Until next month
NorthernLadMSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 07:26 PM   #569
Subby1938
Legion of Super-Heroes
Adamantium Plus Member

I recently sent email to Sideshow asking them to confirm wether both domes ( freezes helmet and Nora’s container) were glass. The rep actually said this

“ it’s too early for us to confirm at this point . Since this statue will not ship until April-Sept of 2020???? Wtf is that ? Is it or isn’t it. It matters to me.
Subby1938 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 07:38 PM   #570
Rycher
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subby1938 View Post
I recently sent email to Sideshow asking them to confirm wether both domes ( freezes helmet and Nora’s container) were glass. The rep actually said this

“ it’s too early for us to confirm at this point . Since this statue will not ship until April-Sept of 2020???? Wtf is that ? Is it or isn’t it. It matters to me.
SS logic: We don't know what it is made of but we know what it will cost to make and how much we will need to charge to turn a profit.

Sounds legit.
Rycher is offline   Reply With Quote