Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Other Stuff > General Discussion

Old 03-31-2007, 04:48 PM   #1
misanthrope
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

laid off at 36-the dissadvantages of being a non-flipper

ive been laid off. in the last 2yrs we've had a tornado, i had back surgery, and then i got slammed by a drunk driver. now my dominate hand shakes i cant carry anything at waist level and the last 25yrs being a carpenter are wasted. mississippi leads the nation in insurance/workers comp fraud and that makes it nearly impossible to get approval on a legit disability. ive been sellin out most of my collection to fund my own bzns and that is working well. but now im un-employed and, at 36 nearly un-employable. my bzns fund has taken the place of my statue fund and the fact that 99% of my collection wasnt for flippin makes these days seem all the more painful. its becoming more and more obvious to me that its time to completely rearrange my way of living. it looks like ill be starvin the family till the bzns gets off the ground. im more than a little ashamed of how upset i am about the loss of a few trinkets when compared to what the next few yrs will be like.
strangely enough, the statue forum has tought me alot about priorities and biting off more than i can chew. im not gonna stop collecting-ever. and im not gonna stop posting here...until "accute rage dissorder" gets me banned. ive grown to admire the level of open communication around here and for me this place isnt just about collecting. it about realizing we are all unique, alive and well.
p.s.-i have every intention of completing my end of any commisions im currently involved in....will not back out.
misanthrope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 04:59 PM   #2
RichBamf
Yeah, I spend WAY too much time here!

Mate, I'm very sorry to hear of all your troubles.

At least you've got exactly the right attitude to get you back on your feet, you're staying positive, you're looking for alternatives, and you're valuing what counts-your health and your family.

Hope things change for the better soon.
RichBamf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 05:04 PM   #3
pablocruze
Minister of GORE/ROT Mod Relations

I, too, am saddened to hear of your misfortune but encouraged by your take-charge attitude with respect to your future and wish you the best of fortune in your efforts.
pablocruze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 05:08 PM   #4
JadeGiant
Angry Green Rage Monster Mod. SMASH!
Super Moderator

good attitude thrope ... I hope your business gets up and running quickly.

Best wishes to you!

CAF
JadeGiant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 05:17 PM   #5
'Nuff
ROT Minister of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms

Hang in there buddy...What kinda business ya gettin' going...?...And where in Mississippi are ya...?...
'Nuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 05:38 PM   #6
Teague
Iron Man

Wow, man...hang in there. Things will look up, especially with your good attitude. We're pulling for you.
Teague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 05:42 PM   #7
Cage
Statueforum Consiglieri

I wish you all of the best. You are one of the people that I am happy to have "met" here on the forum. Just know that this too shall pass.
Cage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 06:37 PM   #8
misanthrope
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change

thanks for the well wishes gentlemen! misfortune is what you make of it. 'nuff, i live in north ms bout 90miles SE of memphis,tn. im startin a swimming pool service company-my brother in memphis has offered to help out and hes been very successful with his own service. ive done quite a bit of research and the market for such a service is wide open. tupelo is among the fastest growin cities in america and a new toyota plant is just comming out of the dirt nearby. it wont be a get rich quick deal but if i can survive the infancy ill be fine. a 9month work yr will be tough cause it transletes into 16-18hr days but time is on my side. i have some social issues and being in control of my own destiny is a very appealing thought. i find myself generally dissapointed in ppl and i cant help but think that if i get outta this cave i live in, i can find some hope for my fellow man-and myself.
cage-youre good ppl...if you ever find urself in ms. you can sleep in the guest room upstairs.
misanthrope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 06:43 PM   #9
'Nuff
ROT Minister of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms

Quote:
Originally Posted by misanthrope View Post
thanks for the well wishes gentlemen! misfortune is what you make of it. 'nuff, i live in north ms bout 90miles SE of memphis,tn. im startin a swimming pool service company-my brother in memphis has offered to help out and hes been very successful with his own service. ive done quite a bit of research and the market for such a service is wide open. tupelo is among the fastest growin cities in america and a new toyota plant is just comming out of the dirt nearby. it wont be a get rich quick deal but if i can survive the infancy ill be fine. a 9month work yr will be tough cause it transletes into 16-18hr days but time is on my side. i have some social issues and being in control of my own destiny is a very appealing thought. i find myself generally dissapointed in ppl and i cant help but think that if i get outta this cave i live in, i can find some hope for my fellow man-and myself.
cage-youre good ppl...if you ever find urself in ms. you can sleep in the guest room upstairs.
Sounds like ya gotcha self a plan...Stick with it... I got's relatives in Toomsuba and Meridian...But ain't none of 'em got pools...So I can't hep ya with that end...Good luck...Come to think of it...I have relatives in Memphis too...
'Nuff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2007, 06:47 PM   #10
ickwinzs
The Rock
Adamantium Plus Member

Hey Mis, keep up with the good attitude and you'll do great! 10 years ago I started over myself, new town,job and girl. After a couple years I started my own bis and I havent looked back once. Some things are just meant to happen and hard work (and a bit of luck)covers the rest! Thumbs up and keep with it the 1st 2 years are the toughest but they fly by!