Statue Forum 


XM Studios





StatueForum on Twitter StatueForum on Facebook StatueForum on YouTube
Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Kotobukiya

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-17-2018, 01:58 PM   #11
Medusoid
I don't have a solution but I admire the problem.
 
Medusoid's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Oregon
Posts: 2,594
It's cute, but I'm going to have to pass. I don't care for the newer ponies at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by starsapphire View Post
these are really cute and will sell better than a lot of series you guys really underestimate the dedication of the mlp fanbase
Yes, I think we're all aware of the crazy fanbase. Their "dedication" borders on obsession. It's scary stuff.
Medusoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 03:33 PM   #12
UnicornPegasus
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
 
UnicornPegasus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Austin By Way Of Detroit.
Posts: 1,679
I was a MLP obsessed girl back in the 80's, but I think this'll be a hard pass for me (unless the sculpts are turn out to be somehow transcendently beautiful, but I doubt it.) All I can say is thankfully they aren't actually anthropomorphized pony-girls. I've sadly seen that artwork (thanks Rule #34) and I am still scarred by it.
UnicornPegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 04:24 PM   #13
qz33
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?
 
qz33's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 9,799
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnicornPegasus View Post
I was a MLP obsessed girl back in the 80's, but I think this'll be a hard pass for me (unless the sculpts are turn out to be somehow transcendently beautiful, but I doubt it.) All I can say is thankfully they aren't actually anthropomorphized pony-girls. I've sadly seen that artwork (thanks Rule #34) and I am still scarred by it.
Just from your aesthetic I expected you of anyone here to love these.

I think the art looks great. The colors and girlie cuteness fit the idea of bishoujo so well specifically Koto's style.

It would be nice it they came with a little pony too.

I never even watched the show or had any toys but I love these. Oh well I guess I will have to be the odd man out.
qz33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 04:51 PM   #14
zteinr
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change
 
zteinr's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2015
Location: Norway
Posts: 841
It would have to be really good for me to buy it
zteinr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2018, 11:06 PM   #15
kikoken
Madness takes its toll. Please have exact change
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Posts: 806
Horrific 😒 were there no new marvel or street fighter announcements?!
kikoken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 12:06 AM   #16
UnicornPegasus
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
 
UnicornPegasus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Austin By Way Of Detroit.
Posts: 1,679
Quote:
Originally Posted by qz33 View Post
Just from your aesthetic I expected you of anyone here to love these.

I think the art looks great. The colors and girlie cuteness fit the idea of bishoujo so well specifically Koto's style.

It would be nice it they came with a little pony too.

I never even watched the show or had any toys but I love these. Oh well I guess I will have to be the odd man out.
Haha! True, true. There are just some bishoujos I just don't love. I skipped the Tekkens too. This one just doesn't "grab" me. By no means am I knocking them though. The art is super cute, and Shunya, of course I love.
UnicornPegasus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 10:59 AM   #17
Plume
Frackin!
 
Plume's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Eastern Europe
Posts: 49
I thought the sexified female versions of Horror villains were a weird idea that wasn't gonna sell. Same thing for female Edward Scissorhands. But then they sold... So these will find a market too - plus, to be honest, the designs themselves have a lot of potential! They could actually be very cute statues, judging by the first illustration
Plume is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 12:07 PM   #18
bwestley13
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.
 
Join Date: Jan 2017
Posts: 359
Quote:
Originally Posted by Plume View Post
I thought the sexified female versions of Horror villains were a weird idea that wasn't gonna sell. Same thing for female Edward Scissorhands. But then they sold... So these will find a market too - plus, to be honest, the designs themselves have a lot of potential! They could actually be very cute statues, judging by the first illustration
It was women that started dressing as Freddy, Jason, Chucky and Ash long before bishoujos were around. Same thing with MLP.


Hasbro has to approve and the line will probably look a lot like this
bwestley13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 09:02 PM   #19
HieroJux
Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity.
 
HieroJux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 359
----s gettin weird! Well at least they are working with Hasbro, that should net some good stuff.
HieroJux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2018, 09:31 PM   #20
EnShinNoi
It's not hard to meet expenses, they're everywhere.
 
EnShinNoi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Australia
Posts: 4,538
Quote:
Originally Posted by HieroJux View Post
----s gettin weird! Well at least they are working with Hasbro, that should bet some good stuff.
---- will get a whole lot weirder once they release the MLP bishonen series.
EnShinNoi is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS

Prototypezstudios

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:19 AM.



Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright StatueForum.com