Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 07-15-2016, 01:33 PM   #341
Medusoid
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Is anyone reading Descender? It's my favorite comic right now. Great story and beautiful art. I'd recommend it to anyone, even if you're not the biggest fan of science fiction.
Medusoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 10:14 AM   #342
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Officially finished the Annihilation omnibus. I'm biased, Marvel cosmic is my fav, I've said it all 100x over. But regardless, it was still an excellent story and the Omni really ties together a number of perspectives that really added some dimension and background to the large event. My fav story since Infinity Gauntlet. 10/10.

MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 10:30 AM   #343
whd
Suicide Squad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medusoid View Post
Is anyone reading Descender? It's my favorite comic right now. Great story and beautiful art. I'd recommend it to anyone, even if you're not the biggest fan of science fiction.
It's fantastic!
whd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 10:31 AM   #344
MrJones
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Also finished Infinity: Finale
Thanos the way he is meant to be portrayed. If you are a fan of the Mad Titan this trilogy is a must read. Like go buy them now. The conclusion to the arc, while I'm not sure if Marvel will consider 'cannon', if it is then it has series repercussions for the cosmic universe. Also features some incredible full page and half page panels and some real displays of Power from the likes of Thanos and Adam Warlock. This is typical Starlin and deals with multiple universes, timelines, dimensions and philosophical musings by Thanos. 10/10.

If you want the whole arc it is as follows:
Infinity: Revelations
Thanos vs Hulk 4-part mini-series
Infinity: Relativity
Infinity: Entity 4-part mini-series
Infinity: Finale

Last edited by MrJones; 07-28-2016 at 11:16 AM. Reason: Adding info
MrJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2016, 05:23 PM   #345
wizardjones
Statue Forum MacDaddy

I personally really like DKIII. The backup stories are great if you pick up the singles.
wizardjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 01:16 PM   #346
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

wow... time flies by...it has been awhile since i last posted in Statue forum...

I just read Street Fighter Legends: Chun Li OHC and Baltimore vol. 1 and 2 HC ( and i'm in the middle of vol. 3)

Here is a short review about SF Legends: Chun Li which i wrote to another forum

SF Legends: Chun Li was a really fun read I think it was partly because i really like SF alot... the artist of the book took my interest at firt, his name was Omar Dogan... because of the last name i wondered if he had turkish ancestors, (cause Doğan means falcon in turkish) but i couldn't find much information about him other than he was born in America... I liked his art, it was heavily influanced by manga. The story can be described in the shortest as it was a Hong Kong Cops action adventure. It was before Chun Li ever get in to Street Fighter tournament and become an Interpol agent. She was a freshly out of police academy cop and she just started to involve with Shadoloo organization and its Leader Bison's right hand Sagat. The Story also involved the death of Dan Hibiki's father...(which i couldn't feel sad cause Dan is such a comic relief which can't be taken seriously... even his cry like '' father '' and stuff were so funny... lol ) and they show how Sagat Lost his eye... Now, this was something i always wondered...this and how did Sagat get that nasty scar which goes on in a line from his lower side of upper body to his sholders. I got the answers for both, yay ! and i liked some supporting charactes like Dorai (Chun's father and chief) and Lin (Chun's best friend and partner) i guess this is all.

And here is a very shot introduction to Baltimore by me :P

I really liked Baltimore. It was more of a my thing with the dark atmosphere, monsters and a grim Protagonist called Lord Hanry Baltimore. He's a monster hunter and he looks for a one eyed vampire named Haigus. This Haigus guy is a nasty guy, he killed and turned Baltimore's whole family in to vampires for revenge cause Baltimore took his one eye and the stuation turned in to vendetta between Baltimore and Haigus... Baltimore chases after Haigus for revenge in a world war 1 era Europe and kills all kinds of monster from vampires to giant spider... on the way. Will Baltimore have his revenge ? we will see...
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 06:38 PM   #347
Parallax
Nightwing

Swamp Thing: Darker Genesis.

Mark Millar really pushes the weird and creepy boundaries with his run on Swamp Thing and Darker Genesis showcases his creativity. It's told through multiple short stories that Swamp Thing experiences in his efforts to help a woman free her soul.
Parallax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 10:19 PM   #348
Babytoxie
Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parallax View Post
Swamp Thing: Darker Genesis.

Mark Millar really pushes the weird and creepy boundaries with his run on Swamp Thing and Darker Genesis showcases his creativity. It's told through multiple short stories that Swamp Thing experiences in his efforts to help a woman free her soul.
I've never read any ST past Veitch's run in the late '80s, but I think I'm ready to take the plunge thanks to your review. I've heard that these new kids, Millar and Vaughan, are no slouches.

That said, I just finished what is probably my 10th reading (over the last ~25 years) of Hellblazer vol 1: Original Sins. Jamie Delano's run on the title was so good.
Babytoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 08:17 AM   #349
The Dark Knight
Hellfire Club

I just reread the identity crisis after 9 years or something... and i hated it... i don't know what the heck kind of emo mindset i was in back when i liked it as a kid... but i hated it this time around.

This book just sucked the life and joy out of me while i was reading it...and after i finished it, i was lifeless, joyless and felt terrible the whole day. I like dark but that's halloween dark... the fun stuff... but this comic book is just not that dark but a drag. Did they try to make a more realistic story ? may be this was the goal... ? as far as realistic goes, all the realist writers put great amount of humor in their books cause life has humor in it and they don't want you to feel terrible when you read their book... but this book had no humor... it was straight out joyless, humorless, lifeless.. a piece of crap which makes you feel terrible. :/ i will never ever reread this book again... and i don't recomend it at all.
The Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2016, 09:35 AM   #350
Babytoxie
Ghost

Agreed 10000000000% on Identity Crisis - one of the worst decisions ever made by DC. What a horrible story.
Babytoxie is offline   Reply With Quote