Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 06-09-2016, 04:40 PM   #11
THECLOWN KNIGHT
Give me ambiguity or give me something else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by riprap View Post
OK, sorry, but I'm confused about Rebirth. I initially thought that all characters would go back to pre-flashpoint characters. To give them their histories back. Is this the Byrne Superman that we will see now? And what about the JLA? Will it have started with Cyborg or J'onn J'onzz?
From what I have seen and heard, NO. It's kind of a mix of pre-Flashpoint and New 52 continuties .........the more you try to figure it out the more facked up it gets.
THECLOWN KNIGHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 08:35 PM   #12
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by PureInvasion View Post
You're wasting your time. (Mostly) Everyone around here hates change or anything new

The best thing is that everyone who complains about the present forgets just how much of a mess the past was
In my case the issue is not change, rather, it's bad writing. I loved Superior Spider-Man, I'm digging Thor now being Jane Foster, Death of Superman was awesome, Rhodey as Iron Man was great, Captain America being John Walker while Steve became The Captain was great. All were well written. The difference is good vs bad writing as opposed to change.

Last edited by wktf; 06-10-2016 at 12:38 AM. Reason: Correcting my autocorrect typo
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 09:37 PM   #13
PureInvasion
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by wktf View Post
In my case the issue is not change, rather, it's bad writing. I loved Superior Spider-Man, I'm digging Thor now being Jane Foster, Death of Superman was awesome, Rhodey as Iron Man was great, Captain America being John Walker while Steve became The Captain was great. All were well written. The difference is good vs bad writing as opposed to change.
You know what else was actually a well written issue? Cap #1 by Spencer.

And you're direct issue with that was change (from a character standpoint because of what he represented to you). So ya...argument sorta invalidated

Last edited by wktf; 06-10-2016 at 12:37 AM. Reason: Correcting my own autocorrect typo
PureInvasion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2016, 12:36 AM   #14
wktf
Columnist Thunder Mod
Super Moderator

Quote:
You know what else was actually a well written issue? Cap #1 by Spencer.

And you're direct issue with that was change (from a character standpoint because of what he represented to you). So ya...argument sorta invalidated
No, not at all.

By writing I also mean plotting. The point is not change in and of itself but what kind of change. The plot and writing to carry out that plot. It's not change because it's change, which was your prior point:

Quote:
(Mostly) Everyone around here hates change or anything new
I like change in comic book characters and have so since the 60s if well conceived, plotted and written.

Last edited by wktf; 06-10-2016 at 07:25 PM.
wktf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 12:55 AM   #15
Parallax
Nightwing

It's not just going to be a simple snap your fingers and we're back to Pre Flashpoint. Rebirth estabslished that during Flashpoint, Doctor Manhattan messed with the timeline and created the New 52 Universe. He took 10 important years from everyone, which is why the continuity and timelines of Pre-Flashpoint and New 52 don't always match up. In regards to Superman, we currently have 2 Clark Kents, one Lex Luthor Superman, and then the Chinese New Super-Man. The ONLY reason there is more than one Superman is because Convergence plucked Clark and Lois from their time (before Flashpoint) and dropped them into the New 52 timeline. There's only one of everyone else.

It does seem confusing, but it's really very simple when you get into the details. If you haven't been reading, I highly reccomend it. It's essentially turned the New 52 into the world's biggest tie in.
Parallax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 03:39 AM   #16
joy_division
My baby calls me the Loch Ness Monster, two great big humps and then I'm gone

Quote:
The 3 jokers are something I find really interesting actually. It'd explain the different 'versions' of the character throughout the years and how despite being locked in Arkham he always seems to get out
yeah...He's the Joker remember? Got a few gears loose, Multiple personality disorder
joy_division is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 11:14 AM   #17
Y3E
Gen 13

I'm back on the DC bandwagon. I'm interested in seeing what DC does with the 3 Jokers and Supermen/women (hoping Lois and Lana will be super) but hopefully it will not be like 52. Good and interesting in the beginning and then died.
Y3E is offline   Reply With Quote