Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 03-08-2016, 10:23 AM   #171
protector2814
Phoenix

Love that cov. When is this out & what's the actual title?
protector2814 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 01:59 PM   #172
DarkKni9hT
100,000 sperm and you were the fastest?

Yes....and where is it that it is available with the code you gave?
DarkKni9hT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 03:23 PM   #173
The13thWarlock
Everywhere is walking distance if you have the time.

It's at arhcomix.com

You need to register on the site which is pretty easy. They are legit so you don't have to worry about the Russian mob getting your info... No offense to any members of the Russian mob who may be reading this...

Once you register, you buy the comic via digital download and then enter the ARH COMIX into the code box. It adjusts the total and you get an email with the download in it. There are 6 comics available for download like this.
The13thWarlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 12:41 PM   #174
Babytoxie
Ghost

So what's the final opinion on the Weirdworld mini? I like that Marvel has brought back a lot of their fantasy characters, but I heard that the conclusion was not that great.

They're also turning up in the new Squadron Supreme series.
Babytoxie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2016, 01:34 PM   #175
protector2814
Phoenix

Absolutely horrible, in my opinion. I their great rush to be ever more inclusive & pc, Marvel adapted Weirdworld from a solid, sometimes retro-cool Barbarian mini, choc-a-bloc full of their 70's & early 80's fantasy & sword 'n sorcery characters ... and somehow made it hip' & inviting for 14 year old girls.

Look, I'm not going to deny any comic company from trying new things, especially if their trying to be more reactive to today's climes, but replacing Arkon, Skull the Slayer, members of Crystar's team & Man-Thing with a cocky, confused, head sure, Latina teen who crash landed in Weirdworld on a plane trip to deliver her drug-overdosing single-mom's ashes back to Central America, they lost me. I tried it, I didn't care for it, I hope I'm in the minority. More power to Marvel.

*BT, I went back & re-read your quiry. "Duh" on my part. I went off on the new on-going. The mini series which ended a few months back was fantastic! Buy the trade.
Old 03-11-2016, 03:58 PM   #176
Babytoxie
Ghost

Tsk tsk... well, that's a shame. Doesn't sound like my thing, either.
Old 05-12-2016, 07:35 PM   #177
protector2814
Phoenix

Picked up the hdbk collection of Claremont & Bolton's Epic work on Marada The She-Wolf for a nice discount on Free Comic Book Day. I've seen art from this collaboration for years but never took the time to explore it. It's good but not great. The Bolton art is as good as his old work on The Black Knight Epic mini-series; every panel is gorgeous. Claremont's writing? kinda "meh". His work on X-Men, Marvel Team-Up & his Marvel Space stuff had me thinking that this would be gold, but it wasn't. Even choc-a-block full of warriors, demons, monsters & ghouls, it's the historically accurate time-frame of this story, setting it in the time of Julius Caesar, that kind of blew it for me. It's just too well known a time, historically, to throw this kind of sword 'n sorcery in. I couldn't buy it. Still, Bolton drawing a great looking female warrior, monsters, armies, violence, etc ... I could have spent my money in a lot worse ways.

Old 06-16-2016, 05:35 PM   #178
Babytoxie
Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by protector2814 View Post
Picked up the hdbk collection of Claremont & Bolton's Epic work on Marada The She-Wolf for a nice discount on Free Comic Book Day.... ]
I found it at the used bookstore for half-off, but then I remembered your post and passed.

I decided to save my money for the Fafhrd & The Gray Mouser trade from Dark Horse this week - it reprints the Bronze Age DC series by O'Neil, Chaykin, & Simonson. Unfortunately, it's on cheap paper, and the reproduction is horrible, so I left it on the shelf.

Old 08-16-2016, 09:13 AM   #179
Babytoxie
Ghost

In January of 2017, Marvel is finally putting Bruce Jones & Brent Anderson's Ka-Zar the Savage back in print; however, they are only including the first 5 issues. In this age of "epic collections" from Marvel that collect 20-odd issues, I don't understand this decision.
Old 08-16-2016, 09:33 AM   #180
protector2814
Phoenix

That is an odd decision & one which will result in a thin release. W/ Marvel's Omni-releases of the Curtis B&W Deadly Hands of Kung-Fu title, wish they'd go back & hardcover release the Stan Lee John Buscema Kazar work from the b&w Curtis' Savage Tales' Kazar mag. That was as awesome as the Jones/Anderson stuff.