Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Sideshow Collectibles

Old 02-16-2017, 03:20 PM   #5261
SONICobra
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
So again, I'm baffled that this is even a 'thing'.
ive been trying to understand it but keep coming up empty handed
SONICobra is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 05:51 PM   #5262
BurningRage
Inhumans

Sideshow needs to hold a televised press conference about this.
BurningRage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 06:00 PM   #5263
bdlovelace
Hellfire Club

Superman's price has been changed again.......to $399.99.
bdlovelace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 06:02 PM   #5264
Nugchompa
Captain Marvel

Has anyone else who had this on preorder received any kind of processing notification? I have never seen a statue go to "buy now" before I have received my preorder. I've been waiting 15 months now.
Nugchompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 06:23 PM   #5265
statuemonger
Sailor Moon

Quote:
Originally Posted by COI View Post
The double standard collectors hold against collectible companies is hilarious and priceless. It's total greed when a company dares try to profit, or as is likely in this case, maintain a certain profit margin on a piece that has had 4 years and multiple batches of production, yet collectors are allowed to subsequently buy those pieces and charge whatever they want on the secondary market. And as is often the case, collectors only buy with the justification that this is "collectible" and will go up in value, as if Sideshow is in the business of selling you some sort of collateralized financial instrument, and not toys.

Again, no one has explained who this is affecting so negatively:

If you have the piece already, you paid less.

If you have the piece and want to sell it, you'll have an easier time finding a buyer for what you paid.

If you don't have the piece and were around when it first went for sale, you had 4 years to make a move.

If you weren't around and didn't have that luxury, it's $50. Yeah, it sucks, but again, $50. If this piece didn't have such a high edition size, and wasn't in production for so long, you'd be paying way more than $50 extra to get it on the secondary market now, so the point is moot. We all miss out on stuff.

So again, I'm baffled that this is even a 'thing'.
To be honest what is baffling is that you even waste your time defending SS or any company for that matter unless it were your own. They do not need your help, they have plenty of that. Someone stating the obvious that SS or again so many other companies are trying to increase their profit margin at the expense of the customer is not whining, worst case it is being an observant consumer.
statuemonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 07:02 PM   #5266
Medusoid
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdlovelace View Post
Superman's price has been changed again.......to $399.99.
It still says $450 for me.
Medusoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 07:03 PM   #5267
Josh-a-tron
"Revenge is a Dish Best Served Cold"
Sculptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by statuemonger View Post
To be honest what is baffling is that you even waste your time defending SS or any company for that matter unless it were your own. They do not need your help, they have plenty of that. Someone stating the obvious that SS or again so many other companies are trying to increase their profit margin at the expense of the customer is not whining, worst case it is being an observant consumer.
So it's okay to call a company dishonest and unethical but not okay to say the opposite because hey they should do it themselves?
Josh-a-tron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 07:04 PM   #5268
DPmaster
A conclusion is simply the place where you got tired of thinking.

It sucks about the price increase but I see this happen everyday. Just look at how auto manufacturers do it. Every year, the same model increases in price. The only difference sometimes is the year while every other single feature stays the same.

The car model one year newer than mine was $460 more expensive and literally nothing was different between the two. Only difference was it was a 2014 and mine was 2013.

It's also not the first time Sideshow has done something similar. Remember this?

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collecti...3331&archive=y

and then this?

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/collecti...tibles-833312/

Same exact bust (actually the newer bust was worse quality due to the molding of the teeth).

What's more concerning to me is why Nugchompa hasn't gotten his pre-order when it's marked as "Buy now". I would definitely contact Sideshow and ask about this.
DPmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 07:24 PM   #5269
Bowen or Bust
Experience is something you don't get until just after you need it.

I wouldn't have a problem paying the extra $50 since it was stated on Facebook that a SS customer service rep said they fixed certain issues with the new batch.

Quote:
"It is more now because we have made some minor upgrades and production cost., a higher quality resin, some better alterations on the fabric and he is situated on the base a little differently."
fixing the leaning problem is worth it alone.
Bowen or Bust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2017, 07:37 PM   #5270
COI

Quote:
Originally Posted by statuemonger View Post
I'm not defending Sideshow, I'm expressing a counter viewpoint to the idea that this price increase is somehow wrong. Different viewpoints are part of having conversations in an open forum.

I've disagreed with things Sideshow has done; I offer critiques when I see them, on everything from design to price. But for people like you who appear to see everything Sideshow does as antagonistic towards the consumer, I can see how it would appear that my only reason for posting is to defend Sideshow.
COI is offline   Reply With Quote