Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 09-14-2015, 06:29 PM   #411
Spazzy
Hercules

Misjudged this piece big time, I always liked it but couldn't justify the price, got one in to fix and she is gorgeous, and the dino is really cool, this is basically 2 statues, I liked the green color better, but still the sculpt is great. I will have to track one down someday, the base imo needs something more though.
Spazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 02:09 PM   #412
Valkyrie
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Found her on sale for a nice price last week so I broke down and got her.

#25 arrived yesterday! She and the raptor are gorgeous in hand. I'm happy to have another Harbottle sculpt in the collection!

Have to find time to assemble them on the base still. I'm guessing it's going to be a two person job.
Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2015, 02:29 PM   #413
exfig
Frackin!
Adamantium Member

I agree Spazzy about the base, about the only flaw in an otherwise awesome statue.
exfig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 11:07 PM   #414
Thor57
Teen Titans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spazzy View Post
Misjudged this piece big time, I always liked it but couldn't justify the price, got one in to fix and she is gorgeous, and the dino is really cool, this is basically 2 statues, I liked the green color better, but still the sculpt is great. I will have to track one down someday, the base imo needs something more though.
Statuehunter is selling, or was at least, a Conan Fury of the Beast base. It would take some work and creativity, but I think she'd look amazing on that base.
Thor57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2015, 11:53 PM   #415
AlizAbef
What's another word for Thesaurus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie View Post
Found her on sale for a nice price last week so I broke down and got her.

#25 arrived yesterday! She and the raptor are gorgeous in hand. I'm happy to have another Harbottle sculpt in the collection!

Have to find time to assemble them on the base still. I'm guessing it's going to be a two person job.
Congratulations! It's a good one for sure and so worth it seeing as you practically get two gorgeous quarter scale pieces for the price of one. And that quality man....perfect.
AlizAbef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2015, 12:21 AM   #416
Valkyrie
The Stones, I love the Stones. I watch them whenever I can. Fred, Barney...

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlizAbef View Post
Congratulations! It's a good one for sure and so worth it seeing as you practically get two gorgeous quarter scale pieces for the price of one. And that quality man....perfect.
Appreciate it, Aliz! Yeah, I originally had her pre-ordered but some stuff came up and had to sadly let her go. I was really fortunate to find her for an even sweeter price later. I will say your pics also influenced me to hunt her down again so thanks for that! Her eyebrows were perfect and the determined expression looks spot on.

I know what you mean about the two for one deal. Great quality and it feels like such a steal once you get them in hand.
Valkyrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 01:21 PM   #417
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
Congrats bro! She is amazing the size of the statue is perfect. Hope they make more marvel PF soon. Would love a mag, sabertooth tiger, sinister, etc to go with her. Hope GG go ahead with these in the future.
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 07:45 PM   #418
vinnnie
Luke Cage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Comicbookguy View Post
Congrats bro! She is amazing the size of the statue is perfect. Hope they make more marvel PF soon. Would love a mag, sabertooth tiger, sinister, etc to go with her. Hope GG go ahead with these in the future.
Congrats with what
You are misreading his post; he only got one to fix it for someone else, not for him to own.

Waiting for mine.
vinnnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 12:15 AM   #419
Spazzy
Hercules

yeah I got it for someone else, and now I get to make a dio base cant wait!

I do want one eventually for myself, and possibly some broken ones, as it is a great sculpt to start a base conversion with.

cbg I emailed you
Spazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2015, 11:21 PM   #420
Comicbookguy
Hercules

Quote:
yeah I got it for someone else, and now I get to make a dio base cant wait!

I do want one eventually for myself, and possibly some broken ones, as it is a great sculpt to start a base conversion with.

cbg I emailed you
She is worth having for sure. I just took mine out of the box yesterday after a couple of months to get ready to display her soon. She's so much better in person. If they can continue the characters GG is so awesome. I forgot since it's been so long. Is her ES really 270 pieces? GG is king!
Comicbookguy is offline   Reply With Quote