Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Forum Supporters > Gentle Giant

Old 10-18-2013, 03:22 PM   #101
Snadinator
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReplicantSavior View Post
I didn't have a problem with the hairstyle. In fact I posted about the new hairstyle months ago when the first spy pics were released in the Hot Toys Black Widow thread. As I wanted to decide on the figure before prices got crazy. Anyway, it's the close up pic in the OP.

This is the problem I have. But I really think it's a problem with Gentle Giant deciding to touch up photos. They made that Whisper variant look like she had way to much makeup on as well.

Where did you get this larger pic? And do you have one of the Eva Green 300 statue?

Yep, I think she'll look hot as soon as the first trailer is released and everyone will make screencaps. Still right now, the Avengers look is the best.

I am really surprised to hear anyone say that they liked her Avengers look. That short hair sucked and she was out of shape for the role. She looked much more convincing in IM2.
Snadinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 05:52 PM   #102
Spec Fiction
Speculative Fiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snadinator View Post
I am really surprised to hear anyone say that they liked her Avengers look. That short hair sucked and she was out of shape for the role. She looked much more convincing in IM2.
Agreed 100%. She looks the best in the IM2. In avengers her hair cut was like a housewife in the 50's. Reminds me a bit of Bettie Draper haha.
Old 10-18-2013, 06:43 PM   #103
JP Sarri
Retired Reviewer

Hey! What's wrong with the bob? Everybody loves a lady on the street and a freak on....

Just sayin'
JP Sarri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 07:01 PM   #104
ReplicantSavior
Have you ever imagined a world with no hypothetical situations?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snadinator View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spec Fiction View Post
Agreed 100%. She looks the best in the IM2. In avengers her hair cut was like a housewife in the 50's. Reminds me a bit of Bettie Draper haha.
Nope. Short hair > long hair. At least for Black Widow. I found that action sequence in Iron Man 2 to be too staged.
ReplicantSavior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 09:39 PM   #105
Spec Fiction
Speculative Fiction

What does the fight scene being too staged have to do with how she looks?
Honestly, I don't really like any of the looks for black widow in the films but if I had to choose I like her look in IM2 best
Old 10-18-2013, 11:53 PM   #106
SONICobra
Batman

I guess im one of the only ones who doesn't think the likeness is dead on, looks pretty off to me. and while the bases are simple and clean - that should reflect in the price
SONICobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 02:20 AM   #107
built2shred
Phoenix

If you guys think Scarlett Johansson is ugly looking in any of those photos you guys must be dating Victorian Secret models... I think she looks hot in all three

Also I can't understand anyone saying this statue doesn't look like her once you see the pictures of her on the new movie, it's pretty damn close in likeness.. The only thing I could criticize is her hair is a bit darker on the statue then it is on those photos.
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 05:02 AM   #108
Shoo
Hercules

What I can't understand is anyone changing their minds only after seeing real pics of her with a new hairdo. I hadn't seen any prior to this reveal, and yet I recognized ScarJo right away because of her... face. I mean, If I ever see a statue with a good headsculpt of Danny DeVito in a wig, I won't need a real pic of him in one to see the resemblance.
Shoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 06:50 AM   #109
kermitt3
The Spirit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
What I can't understand is anyone changing their minds only after seeing real pics of her with a new hairdo. I hadn't seen any prior to this reveal, and yet I recognized ScarJo right away because of her... face. I mean, If I ever see a statue with a good headsculpt of Danny DeVito in a wig, I won't need a real pic of him in one to see the resemblance.

kermitt3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 12:56 PM   #110
built2shred
Phoenix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoo View Post
Maybe if your a huge fan of hers and watch every one of her movies, most of her movies have been those boring Woody Allen movies and other chick flicks that I have no desire to see..
built2shred is offline   Reply With Quote