Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Prime 1 Studio

Old 04-07-2023, 12:38 PM   #71
AC_808
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
What are the chances of this being on Sideshow?

I say pretty good ...considering Prime1 1/3 Vampirella is being sold on Sideshow (among other Prime1 pieces).
AC_808 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2023, 09:27 PM   #72
Drakul
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

Beautiful piece. So nice to have some Gunmm stuff recently.
Drakul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2023, 05:36 AM   #73
pdenham
Teen Titans

After getting the Lynda Carter unpacked and displayed, I find myself questioning how much I want my last few purchases to all be vertical superhero female celebs on small footprint bases.

Something like this is closer to a conceptual art piece.
Because of that, I can see it retaining a lot more visual interest over the long term. That translates into an overall better value proposition.

One big con- like the Vader Mythos I also had up recently, that visual interest comes with a price.
I can tell already this would also be a royal PITA to dust regularly. Lots of small, hard to get at recesses and delicate components will trap that stuff and you'll have to take time and care working it out. Especially if you ever fall behind.
Unless you put this under glass or plexi, it will require work on a regular basis to keep clean.

Didn't realize the ETA was for Q4 2024. That changes the dynamic too.
pdenham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2024, 04:29 PM   #74
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

ES set at 350
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2024, 06:39 PM   #75
ZenAmako
Frackin!

I got the last non-bonus version from BBTS. I had been thinking about ordering this since it was first revealed, and I had to convince myself that 1) I could justify the price; and 2) I would be able to find space for it (I'm still not sure - she appears to be pretty deep with the wings). Ultimately, it was missing out on the Michelle Pfeiffer Prime 1 Catwoman that pushed me to get my order in. I thought I'd at least have a chance to buy that piece after it was released and I could see how it turned out, and I'm kicking myself now.

I wonder if the total ES for Rusty Angel is 350, or if it is 350 for the bonus version and 150 for the version without the plaque. Either way, it doesn't appear they are producing very many. Most retailers (including Prime 1 itself) seem to only be getting the bonus version. The "Gunnm" plaque isn't critical to me since Gunnm is already written on the base, and if you're a Gunnm fan at all you'll recognize the image without a plaque.
ZenAmako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 02:47 PM   #76
TheCharmingBard
Doh!

Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
What are the chances of this being on Sideshow?
They ended up getting it but it sold out pretty fast. Did you end up ordering one? I had to waitlist it but I did end up getting the chance to order it this week from the waitlist and reserved mine.
TheCharmingBard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2024, 03:11 PM   #77
IcedDog
Frozen Pooch

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCharmingBard View Post
They ended up getting it but it sold out pretty fast. Did you end up ordering one? I had to waitlist it but I did end up getting the chance to order it this week from the waitlist and reserved mine.
Welcome to the forum
IcedDog is offline   Reply With Quote