Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Comic Heroes > Comics

Old 07-21-2011, 08:02 AM   #41
wizardjones
Statue Forum MacDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Primal View Post
Quite honestly that's got me pretty excited now! Badass Superman.
A nice break from the wimpy boyscout with underwear on the outside of his costume
Yah but that is why Conner looked the way he did. He was the young and hip super boy that appealed to the "younger" audience. I don't think anyone besides Geoff Johns knew how to write him and that is why he failed.
Oh well, I could be wrong and all of this stuff could be good. Yet, I still think it will just be like what marvel did with the ultimates. Worth a shot but always have a back up plan with the older material.
wizardjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 09:11 AM   #42
Primal
Batman

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizardjones View Post
Yah but that is why Conner looked the way he did. He was the young and hip super boy that appealed to the "younger" audience. I don't think anyone besides Geoff Johns knew how to write him and that is why he failed.
Oh well, I could be wrong and all of this stuff could be good. Yet, I still think it will just be like what marvel did with the ultimates. Worth a shot but always have a back up plan with the older material.
I agree with you the same way I was all for Ultimate Spidey being a younger hip version of Peter Parker. I'm not 100% behind this reboot but if it's gotta happen then I'll support some changes to the characters. If the experiment fails, I'm sure they'll revert it back. I think I read somewhere that the GL universe will, for the most part, remain untouched except for memory gaps here and there. Since that collection of books is what I mostly read from DC I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it still remains great.
Primal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 10:24 PM   #43
ABDGUY
The quickest way to double your money is to fold it in half and put it back in your pocket.

This line from today's DC panel pretty much sums up the relaunch...

On Wonder Woman's pants, Cliff Chiang commented that Wonder Woman now has retractable pants.
ABDGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 01:23 PM   #44
Tony Coca
Teflon Don

I keep seeing more and more on this and it gets worse.

thank god im not a DC fan.
Tony Coca is offline   Reply With Quote