Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > General Statue & Collectible

Old 08-02-2022, 04:42 PM   #761
generalszabo
If you saw a heat wave, would you wave back?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Does anyone (invested in this piece) see it going the same way as WW84?

I've already seen secondary market prices for Catwoman shoot through the roof - is this going to be the same?
I'd guess it would be even harder than ww to find at a good price later down the line - it's got sex appeal and a very popular character
generalszabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 04:46 PM   #762
jeremydmc
Black Panther

So far only one has sold on eBay, for $4,000. There are a couple more listed for sale in the same price range. I think this one will eventually go into WW pricing in the secondary market. Especially since it is harder to get in the US due to the licensing.
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2022, 06:01 PM   #763
JanuaryStorm
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Meanwhile this is still up for PO at sugotoys. I'm wondering if they're overselling their allotment.
JanuaryStorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 12:46 AM   #764
Silas Loki
A.I.M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanuaryStorm View Post
Meanwhile this is still up for PO at sugotoys. I'm wondering if they're overselling their allotment.
I imagine it's cancellations going back into circulation. With the piece shipping to JND direct customers, it's just a matter of time before retailers start asking for final payments.....

That said, so far in Europe, the well is dry....
Silas Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 02:56 PM   #765
sabin23
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ukshaun View Post
Correct!
I have used Toys Wonderland in the past to pick up Hot Toys figures, and they offer great prices, and being located in Japan, get to ship the figures way sooner compared to other companies located outside of Japan
I could see ordering through Toys Wonderland if the shipping was not so expensive to the United States.

But you're in Japan so it must be significantly cheaper.

The prices on TW are decent but then reality sets in for me when I see the shipping tacked on.
sabin23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2022, 03:04 PM   #766
sabin23
Birdman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silas Loki View Post
Does anyone (invested in this piece) see it going the same way as WW84?

I've already seen secondary market prices for Catwoman shoot through the roof - is this going to be the same?
Quote:
Originally Posted by generalszabo View Post
I'd guess it would be even harder than ww to find at a good price later down the line - it's got sex appeal and a very popular character
IIRC, the WW84 had a smaller production run of about 700, whereas the Harley was made in larger quantities.

The Harley statue will probably be more sought after than Catwoman, which collectors generally have mixed opinions about - something about Anne Hathaway's face seems off without the mask on. To me, it looked like part of her cheek/jaw is drooping.

Like you mentioned, Harley is a more dynamic statue and that specific outfit is universally loved.

The WW84 golden armor is somewhat divisive (in a mediocre at best movie) and that statue was only JND's 2nd effort - it seems JND has improved their hair rooting and face sculpt process with each subsequent statue.

I've purchased all the JND heroine statues thus far - for whatever reason, female head sculpts are harder to get accurate than male and JND seems to be giving collectors one of the best representations of that specific character/actress.

The Bale Bruce Wayne looked off but I could see myself getting a Batman (Keaton) or Superman (Reeves) should JND revisit those classics.
sabin23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 04:33 AM   #767
Exorcist
Hydra

Talking

Anyone got their shipping notice yet who ordered directly through JND?
Exorcist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2022, 04:42 AM   #768
ukshaun
Hercules

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabin23 View Post
I could see ordering through Toys Wonderland if the shipping was not so expensive to the United States.

But you're in Japan so it must be significantly cheaper.

The prices on TW are decent but then reality sets in for me when I see the shipping tacked on.
I am located in the UK
When it comes to Hot Toys, compared to Sideshow, Toys Wonderland offer lower a lower price point (depending on what batch you opt for) lower shipping rates, and odd's are, you will receive the figure anywhere from 3 to 6 months sooner. I always opt for the lower cost batch 2 option. Sometimes they send the item out straight away, no waiting

There is one downside to Toys Wonderland. If a product arrives damaged, you have to return everything, and cover the return postage yourself. They will not post out a single component. Only one occasion and item arrived with a damaged box. To obtain a new box, i would have had to returned everything. They do have a decent enough customer service.

I would never order something breakable such as a statue from them.
ukshaun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 02:14 PM   #769
PatrioticBat
Frackin!

Well people weren't kidding about Toys Wonderland having a high shipping price. Just got slapped with a $416 price tag to get this shipped to the US.
It is what it is because I love this statue but damn that hurts. At least I'll get it faster than I would through Spec probably.
PatrioticBat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2022, 02:18 PM   #770
jeremydmc
Black Panther

Quote:
Originally Posted by PatrioticBat View Post
Well people weren't kidding about Toys Wonderland having a high shipping price. Just got slapped with a $416 price tag to get this shipped to the US.
It is what it is because I love this statue but damn that hurts. At least I'll get it faster than I would through Spec probably.
OUCH!!!!!
jeremydmc is offline   Reply With Quote