Statue Forum 

Go Back   Statue Forum > Statue Talk - Others > Pop Culture Shock

Old 10-22-2018, 01:22 PM   #91
MPCanes
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by MegatronG1 View Post
Erick Sosa and Radd Titan? Yeah, I don't use social media, what happened?

I'm getting there too. The value of these statues when weighed against other things in life get me less satisfaction for what they cost. To me it looks like the costs to make statues specifically have far outpaced the inflation of other goods.

So I've sold off things I preordered 2+ years ago (mainly PCS, cough) when my mindset was that I'd break even on everything should I change my mind. That's not true anymore, so I rarely PO anything now. I'm still keeping my P1 Witcher Yen and Ciri despite the crazy amounts of delays, because I still think they look great.

Art prints are an area I'm exploring. They take up almost zero space in storage and can pack more creativity in a frame than a statue. At the end, I collect to amplify the good memories of characters I love, and any real-world problems that get in the way of that ruin the enjoyment of that.
Funny that you're exploring Art Prints - that's where the bulk of my collecting money has gone this year!

That, and Games Workshop miniatures - both painting them myself, and getting some pieces professionally done. I can get some really awesome looking miniatures at award winning levels for less than these statues and they take up way less space.
MPCanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 01:25 PM   #92
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

I'm not surprised....i got out of their little group a long time ago ( they asked me to be a mod at one point......lol ) and most of the FB groups too....they don't know an awful lot, very -----y, quite arrogant, and it was only a matter of time before things started to implode...i know they have worshiped and pushed Sosa before ( as they do with anyone who sends them free ---- ) so i'm also curious to see what happened lol.

But i'm really not surprised.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 01:31 PM   #93
dao2
Cyclops

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPCanes View Post
Funny that you're exploring Art Prints - that's where the bulk of my collecting money has gone this year!

That, and Games Workshop miniatures - both painting them myself, and getting some pieces professionally done. I can get some really awesome looking miniatures at award winning levels for less than these statues and they take up way less space.
If you're not familiar with http://warhammerart.com/ you might want to be :P
dao2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 02:06 PM   #94
CyberSteak
A day without sunshine is like... night.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Python View Post
But now the rest of us are painfully curious...
CyberSteak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 02:42 PM   #95
vangeta
42.7 percent of all statistics are made up on the spot.

Did someone mack on someone else's girl or something?
vangeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 02:51 PM   #96
DeadGhostKnight
This is Dr. DGK, I'm listening...
SF ReviewerModerator

Basically its this.

Sosa : Sorry guys i can't give you a free statue that i promised as my paying customers are more important. I can give you another statue next year.

RT : We promoted you like we said we would and now you are backing out of the deal, we think you suck now.

Sosa : Sorry guys i don't want to fall out but it is what it is.

RT : Don't speak to us like children, you suck all your work sucks now!

So basically RT wanted free statues and Sosa could no longer give them, so RT threw their toys out of the pram and thought they deserve free statues,. The arrogance and how much they treat it like a business is astounding.

They used to be fun when it was two guys doing fun reviews but it's not been that for a long time with constant reviews of freebies to push companies or product.....

What makes me laugh though is that the 1/4 Ryu Sosa sent they sold on ebay days after the review, these aren't statues they want or care for how can you ever trust their reviews.
DeadGhostKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 03:51 PM   #97
craigcliff1
Zot

Not surprised. Company gives you a free statue and tells you be honest, has to be in your mind if I don't like this statue and say so would they keep sending me new statues. Then the company has to think hey this dude doesn't like most of our statues. should we keep sending him free one's.
craigcliff1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 03:52 PM   #98
Medusoid
I was arrested for selling illegal-sized paper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadGhostKnight View Post
Basically its this.

Sosa : Sorry guys i can't give you a free statue that i promised as my paying customers are more important. I can give you another statue next year.

RT : We promoted you like we said we would and now you are backing out of the deal, we think you suck now.

Sosa : Sorry guys i don't want to fall out but it is what it is.

RT : Don't speak to us like children, you suck all your work sucks now!

So basically RT wanted free statues and Sosa could no longer give them, so RT threw their toys out of the pram and thought they deserve free statues,. The arrogance and how much they treat it like a business is astounding.

They used to be fun when it was two guys doing fun reviews but it's not been that for a long time with constant reviews of freebies to push companies or product.....

What makes me laugh though is that the 1/4 Ryu Sosa sent they sold on ebay days after the review, these aren't statues they want or care for how can you ever trust their reviews.
So in a nutshell, Erick was being perfectly reasonable and RT are entitled little meatheads. Sounds about right.
Medusoid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 04:18 PM   #99
MPCanes
The X-Men

Quote:
Originally Posted by dao2 View Post
If you're not familiar with http://warhammerart.com/ you might want to be :P
I am, luckily I've held out so far
MPCanes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 08:12 PM   #100
Ink
My Better Is Better Than Your Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigcliff1 View Post
Not surprised. Company gives you a free statue and tells you be honest, has to be in your mind if I don't like this statue and say so would they keep sending me new statues. Then the company has to think hey this dude doesn't like most of our statues. should we keep sending him free one's.
Didn’t they do that before? I left the Facebook groups a long time ago
Ink is offline   Reply With Quote